8 Close-ups That Made Movies Famous

8 Close-ups That Made Movies Famous

Movies are composed of many different shots, but today we celebrate the close-up and its many uses.

Read Full Article

I was hoping for Charles Bronson and I wasn't disappointed. No close-up like a Sergio Leone close-up.

You really should have put the titles of all of those movies somewhere. I didn't know what movies half of those pictures came from, and with some of them not having the titles of the movies it made those pictures pointless.

Great list, three gripes: 1) I don't think The Bride's close-up is "up there" with the rest of them, 2) some sort of mention should've gone to Maria Falconetti in The Passion of Jean d'Arc, since the movie is literally constructed of close-ups of her character, and 3) Michael Corleone sitting at restaurant, moments before he shoots Sollozzo and co.

Only knew the first one. looks like those movies aren't that famous.

Capcha:
You First.

NO YOU!

EDIT:
I would also say this one is a more famous close up then most of those

karloss01:
Only knew the first one. looks like those movies aren't that famous.

Capcha:
You First.

NO YOU!

EDIT:
I would also say this one is a more famous close up then most of those

I think you are wrong, though the bride and Bronson seems like less known choices, i've never seen those particular stills before. And i would probably have chosen Good, bad, ugly instead of Once upon a time.

I don't think it gets more famous than Shining, Clockwork Orange, Lost Highway and Silence of the lambs, atleast if we talk film history. Those images are unavoidable if you read film litterature. The alien image would have been a good replacement for Kill Bill though^^.

I only recognized about half of these stills. I guess I don't watch enough movies ... or this list wasn't that iconic.

Not to include this is to fail!!!
Fix that before its too late!!!

Feature was crap, two images that are both better images and from way better films already submitted. If time is short for a feature in future may I suggest an animated 404 page instead?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here