Off The Top Of My Head

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Off The Top Of My Head

ERIN USED SWAG. IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE.

Read Full Article

Bah. Everyone knows you use a Charizard for Pokemon-based clothing; the hide tans nicely into leather, and the wings can be use to make a sweet coat.

Pikachu should have seen it coming when Erin named him "YOLO."

I would like to know what Erin did with the rest of the Pikachu - and indeed, its innards. Granted there'll not be much meat on the leccyrat but I do hope nothing went to waste.

I just skipped buying things until around gym 7. By then I had plenty of money for all my revives and hyper potions, on top of looking super fly.
Well, as super fly as you can look in the game. I swear, the genders of the game aren't "girl" and "boy", it's "girl" and "slightly less effeminate girl"

Paitence is a virtue, you get the amulet coin before getting the second badge! In saying so however I can be bother to head back to that first town or two to revist that clothing shop.

Speaking of clothes, is there a certain city when you get like, a big option for them? I just circled back to Lumiose city for the 4th gym, and so far all I've had choices for were various colours of jackets and three-quarter combat trousers.

There's a botique in there but the fuckers say I'm not stylish enough and don't let me in.

Best use for that poxy creature yet.

hazabaza1:

There's a botique in there but the fuckers say I'm not stylish enough and don't let me in.

Do some activities in the city, e.g. styling a Furfrou, battling a trainer or two in an alleyway, doing the odd jobs minigames in the rich hotel and once you've done a few they'll let you in the botique. It only took me about 15 minutes to do enough. There's some nice clothes in there but very expensive...

OT: Fitting, just an hour ago I spent 80,000 pokedollars (or should that be pokeuros?) on a cool new fedoral, going to buy some more fancy clothes when I get the cash.

This is so horrible that it's awesome :D

Good job guys!

hazabaza1:
Speaking of clothes, is there a certain city when you get like, a big option for them? I just circled back to Lumiose city for the 4th gym, and so far all I've had choices for were various colours of jackets and three-quarter combat trousers.

I was wondering this too, so to respond to you, I looked it up on Serebii:

From Serebii.net:
Each Boutique changes their supply each day so be sure to check back in each store if you're looking for a certain item. There are Boutiques in the following cities:
Santalune City
Lumiose City - Requires you to partake in various activities in Lumiose City such as defeating trainers, and speak to Alexa
Cyllage City
Laverre City
Anistar City
Snowbelle City

So yeah. The new Pokemon is a clothing simulator too, now. Weee.

MrPhyntch:

hazabaza1:

I was wondering this too, so to respond to you, I looked it up on Serebii:

From Serebii.net:
Each Boutique changes their supply each day so be sure to check back in each store if you're looking for a certain item. There are Boutiques in the following cities:
Santalune City
Lumiose City - Requires you to partake in various activities in Lumiose City such as defeating trainers, and speak to Alexa
Cyllage City
Laverre City
Anistar City
Snowbelle City

So yeah. The new Pokemon is a clothing simulator too, now. Weee.

Well fuck.
Time to fuel my addiction.

Eren, you fool.

If you had only waited until you found a Pikachu of the opposite gender, then you could have had an infinite number of hats.

Silly PETA. Skinning pokemon for their skins is where the real parody is!

Who wastes their money on potions anyway? I just worked my pokemon until one iof them fainted then dragged them back to the pokemon centre.

Thinking about it, I might not be the nicest trainer. At least I'm kinder than Erin. Slightly.

Zachary Amaranth:
Pikachu should have seen it coming when Erin named him "YOLO."

YOLO would actualy make a good name if you were doing a Nuzlocke challenge.

Quantum Glass:
Eren, you fool.

If you had only waited until you found a Pikachu of the opposite gender, then you could have had an infinite number of hats.

Or a pair of matching slippers!

Now why would you go and use a pokemon's skin as a hat when your mother's skull offers so much more protection? You could even use her femur as a walking stick.

Mcoffey:
I just skipped buying things until around gym 7. By then I had plenty of money for all my revives and hyper potions, on top of looking super fly.
Well, as super fly as you can look in the game. I swear, the genders of the game aren't "girl" and "boy", it's "girl" and "slightly less effeminate girl"

Well this IS a Japanese game set in France so... you shouldn't be surprised :P

Just wait until you get to that 300.000 Pokedollar trenchcoat... With a 100.000 P$ hat and a 200.000 P$ bag. Yeah, I bought that. No, I have no money left.

Grey Carter:
Off The Top Of My Head

ERIN USED SWAG. IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE.

Read Full Article

If you don't actually know, you get around 1200 per battle after the second/third gym leaders. It goes up from there.

Erin...Erin...you poor fool. You were supposed to do as I do and have around three Pokémon that have the Pickup ability with you as you grind in the local area to level up your Pokémon. That way you can load up on items, including some items that you can sell off for cash if necessary. (Lv1-Lv20 Pokémon with Pickup can even net you Nuggets if you're lucky!)

kailus13:
At least I'm kinder than Erin. Slightly.

You wait until they're KOed and then you skin them?

YOLO would actualy make a good name if you were doing a Nuzlocke challenge.

At that point, you might as well just name them all "redshirt."

You heartless monster. Why would you murder and skin an innocent Pikachu, when Clefairy makes a MUCH cuter hat?

You haven't even seen the Botique in Lumiose yet. 250,000 pokemon fun bux, down the drain from a shirt and a bag.

Shoot... I might as well stay away from these things until I do get pokemon X. I don't regret buying monster hunter, but damn I so want to play this now...

My friend was playing this at work and was wasting all his money on pokeballs and potions instead of getting a $5000 hair cut. What a fool

Also, it's nice to see Game Freak borrowing from Valve. Forget catching Pokemon, you gotta get those hats

This comic makes the Pokefan from Gen 2 look a lot more dark than cute.

I think, the only clothing I want in X/Y is the Pangoro hat I've seen on some people. >.<

There really should be a store that only sells pokemon hats in there. xD

PoolCleaningRobot:
My friend was playing this at work and was wasting all his money on pokeballs and potions instead of getting a $5000 hair cut. What a fool

Also, it's nice to see Game Freak borrowing from Valve. Forget catching Pokemon, you gotta get those hats

*snerk* Oh, man...I didn't even think of that! So...who would be the Pokéworld's equivalent of the nine classes? Besides Lt. Surge as the Soldier, that is.

There's also this part of me that wants to see Ash's hat available in this game.

CAPTCHA: better call saul

I don't think he can help, Captcha.

GamemasterAnthony:
*snerk* Oh, man...I didn't even think of that! So...who would be the Pokéworld's equivalent of the nine classes? Besides Lt. Surge as the Soldier, that is.

There's also this part of me that wants to see Ash's hat available in this game.

It shouldn't be too hard to find some pokemon Team Fortress 2 crossover. Speaking of hats, one image comes to mind...

JoJo:
80,000 pokedollars (or should that be pokeuros?)

Pokeyen, surely.

Now I can't tell if Erin's the worst Poketrainer, or the best.

Wherever I go, Pokemon follows me. Now its in my Critical Miss. x.x

I would pay REAL money just to have the ability to take the hat OFF! As In... I don't want ANY Hat. It doesn't suit my style.

Ironically, I also think the Male outfits are better... As are the Male Hairstyles... And so on... But I don't exactly "Want" to be the guy?

It's like... Why can't there be any real "Tomboy" option? Why can't I just buy the Entire Default Male Outfit, which is awesome... And have the Female Protagonist Wear it? And then get her Hair cut like the Default Male Protagonist Cut? That would be best Player character.

...And then take away the hat, because its still kinda stupid to hide one's hair beneath a hat.

(Headphones are a different Story Though.)

I've been farming the Battle Chateau, it's a neat income. That said I haven't played that much... damn work. This is my first Pokemoning since Gold & Silver, so we're in a similar 'oh my fuck what is all this shit?' boat.

Speaking of which, what's the appeal of Pokemon? Here's another series that I just don't get it.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here