EXP: ScrewAttack's DEATH BATTLE! Strider Hiyru vs. Ryu Hayabusa

ScrewAttack's DEATH BATTLE! Strider Hiyru vs. Ryu Hayabusa

Ninja Gaiden VS Strider! The duel to see who is gaming's deadliest ninja!

Watch Video

I think this is the first episode I hadn't seen on YouTube a year ago.

I was pulling for Ryu, but only because I know so little about Strider. More a default thing.

Zachary Amaranth:
I think this is the first episode I hadn't seen on YouTube a year ago.

I was pulling for Ryu, but only because I know so little about Strider. More a default thing.

Strider really is more obscure than Ryu, so it's understandable why most people would be rooting for him. Hopefully his appearance in UMvC3 and the upcoming HD title will bring Strider more recognition. He really does deserve it for being that badass.

They demonstrated early that Hiryu had a bit of an edge in the fight with his insane speed and tech level (come on, steel weaponry vs a lightsaber? lightsaber wins 90% of the time). I was sort of expecting Hayabusa's magic and ultimate techniques to overpower Hiryu's other advantages. Still, can't say I'm disappointed. This was an awesome fight.

It bears repeating that Strider Hiryu is an awesome character (and franchise) who is tragically underutilized in games outside of the Marvel vs Capcom series.

I hoped for Ryu to win but when supersonic speed was mentioned I knew it won't happen.
Still a nice episode and I like the final stage of fight :) Thank you.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here