Zero Punctuation: Lost Planet 3

Pages PREV 1 2

Yep LP3 pissed me off to no end and I didn't even play it haha. Loved LP1 and LP2 remains one of my favorite games of all time yet I am fully aware how niche they both were and how neither would ever appeal to a wider audience due to their specific design and mechanics. That's what made them special to me, because I took the time to adapt to their specific way of doing things and get really really good at playing both games, just as people love Dark Souls for the same reason.

Whoever decided Lost Planet of all things needed to be watered down to another generic samey dull shooter over at Capcom needs to be fired. Probably the same guy who thought Resident Evil being a bland action shooter franchise now was also a good idea.

So, where was last week's episode of Zero Punctuation? Or am I the only one who noticed that?

CelestDaer:
So, where was last week's episode of Zero Punctuation? Or am I the only one who noticed that?

Probably didn't have enough time to make two videos with the way he's planned his schedule.

As to LP3, knew it was dull when I saw TB's look at it. Too bad though, fighting giant monsters in mechs would've been awesome. Maybe a pacific rim game could remedy it? Guess not.

hickwarrior:

CelestDaer:

Probably didn't have enough time to make two videos with the way he's planned his schedule.

How did his schedule change? Was it because of the Expo? He could've at least posted a notice that there wouldn't be an episode...

I never could get excited about the series. Each time I think about it and reach for the box I change my mind as there was and is more compelling games to spend my time with.

I appreciate that they keep trying and offer some variety in the game space, maybe Lost Planet 4 or finally hit on all cylinders? Hmm.

Thanks for the review Yahtzee, I can definitely use the laughs to help get through the week : )

canadamus_prime:

Evonisia:

canadamus_prime:
I still want to know why it's called "Lost Planet." The planet isn't exactly lost, now is it?

Perhaps it was some form of prediction for the series' appeal on this planet.

If that's the case then they should've called it "Dead Planet."

No no no, if it was called "Dead Planet", it'd have to be a zombie game, and that would at least prove somewhat profitable by virtue of having zombies in it. God, people can't enough of zombies in video games...

I wish this planet would get lost.

CelestDaer:

How did his schedule change? Was it because of the Expo? He could've at least posted a notice that there wouldn't be an episode...

He put at the end of his last video, the one before the Expo, that there wasn't gonna a be an episode last week. It's at the end of the video like how most of his announcements are.

OT: I honestly get the feeling that Capcon honestly wants to stop making games. It's the only reason I can think of for Capcom to constantly try and be like western developers.

Awwww, I absolutely ADORE the first Lost Planet and have to say that while the story of LP2 was nonsensical at best it still had it's moments such as the high speed train mounted cannon VS giant sand worm boss fight. Sucks that LP3 was made by the lowest bidder and lacks the heart of the first one or the soul of the second.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here