Unskippable: Dynasty Warriors 8

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Dynasty Warriors 8

Did that horse just do a barrel roll?

Watch Video

Ugh. What a groaner at the end there.

Funny video though. The bit with the horse was hilarious. :)

"200, Stream not found." Is anyone else getting this?

canadamus_prime:
"200, Stream not found." Is anyone else getting this?

Looking into this now, the video was playing just fine a few minutes ago. Please stand by and thank you for your patience!

Update: Should be playing fine now!

Wow that reaches whole new levels of ridiculousness. Music was cool though.

Working fine now for me. Thanks, WMDogma!

OT: Step aside, Agro; there's a new horse that's claimed the hearts of gamers everywhere. Also, I hope you guys do more of these, because Dynasty Warriors is full of enough ridiculousness to fuel a dozen episodes.

This series needs more Lu Bu.

And more barrel rolling horses.

Maybe Lu Bu doing barrel rolls while on horseback...?

That wasn't a camera gimble, that was a camera strapped to the horse from the beginning.

And this is what happens when you let Michael Bay direct a movie about diplomacy in Feudal China. >.>

CrazyCapnMorgan:

Lu Bu doing a barrel roll while his horse barrel rolls?

I think we are talking millions relocated for those busts, not thousands. At least if the amount of soldiers you fight is anything to go by.

How do you know Dong Zhuo is a myth and not an actual historical figure?
He was...

*puts on sunglasses*

...Busted

That was great. My favorite unskippable in awhile. I hope its also a candidate for future lets play's:)

CrazyCapnMorgan:

That wouldn't be too out of place for the Dynasty Warriors franchise.

Off topic: Rather interesting Grandia 1 avi you've got there, Cap'n! Don't remember ever seeing those characters do that, though...but then my copy of the game tended to crash after I played for too long.

I always wonederd why the foot soldiers even try in these koei games if the shiny characters can kill 200 of them by sneezing. and if they can do that why would a small group of foot soldiers even give them pause, let alone make them runaway, epesially if you mount a backfliping horse.

there is a such thing as being too powerfull

My jam, son!

Press the fallen over pyramid to skip!

DVS BSTrD:
How do you know Dong Zhuo is a myth and not an actual historical figure?
He was...

*puts on sunglasses*

...Busted

*Ties you up and drops you in the Everglades starving alligator sanctuary covered in chum*

We really need to get rid of that meme...

OT: Clearly, the generals/feudal lords these guys are fighting were schooled at the Zapp Brannigan School of Strategy...

Jimothy Sterling:
My jam, son!

Hah! And I was wondering if you were going to make an appearance. This being your favorite game series OF ALL TIME!

One of the guys here just doesn't understand the draw of killing dozens of people with one blow..

My brother really likes the strategy games made from the Feudal China/Romance of the Three Kingdoms era, but not Dyntasy Warriors. I must ask him some time whether it it's the Dragon Ball Z-level power of everyone with a name that turns him off. Why build and provision a massive army of thousands of faceless soldiers when your opponents can wipe them out so easily? Talk about inflating the legend of your wartime heroes, eh Ninja-Mecha-Lincoln?

That must be the horse's secret- they gave him a name. An awesome, hard-to-pronounce Chinese name! And they built a bust in his honour, a mighty statue towering over Gao Nu!

I never knew that ancient China had such bitchin' guitar music. And whilst I can excuse the horse doing flips and stuff I just can't agree with that guy shooting three arrows at once whilst the arrows aren't touching the bow, then managing to hit three running targets one of which was behind someone else. That's just implausible.

I don't care what anyone says. I love Dynasty Warriors. It's just so deliciously campy and ridiculous.

GamemasterAnthony:

CrazyCapnMorgan:

Off topic: Rather interesting Grandia 1 avi you've got there, Cap'n! Don't remember ever seeing those characters do that, though...but then my copy of the game tended to crash after I played for too long.

It's in the game all right. It's the animation that Sue and Puffy does for the RAH RAH cheer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF2kVA5XVes

AntiChrist:

GamemasterAnthony:

CrazyCapnMorgan:

It's in the game all right. It's the animation that Sue and Puffy does for the RAH RAH cheer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF2kVA5XVes

Ah...I see. Nice group heal tech!

Note to self: Go back to play that game.

CAPTCHA: how quaint

Don't be snarky, Captcha.

OMG, I frikkin' lost it at the barrel-rolling horse! I'm also blown away there are 8 Dynasty Warriors games now. I stopped hearing about them after the 4th game.

captcha: grape soda
I'm glad I wasn't drinking that while watching this, or anything else. Well done, guys!

That horse clearly has True Strength.

Maybe the horse IS Jason Statham, maybe Jason Statham is a horse?

Ah, man, that was funny. You can always tell it's going to be a good Unskippable video if it's about a really obscure game. (Obscure = lots of flaws to make fun of.)

cricket chirps:

That's what I keep saying!

Except then I remember that horses can act.

Dong Zhuo sounds like the Orcs mission briefing voice-over from Warcraft II.

cricket chirps:

Jason "Neigh"tham? Eh? Eh? :D

Barrel-rolling horse = EPIC!!!

Zachary Amaranth:
That wasn't a camera gimble, that was a camera strapped to the horse from the beginning.

And this is what happens when you let Michael Bay direct a movie about diplomacy in Feudal China. >.>

CrazyCapnMorgan:

Lu Bu doing a barrel roll while his horse barrel rolls?

Oh! Oh! I got it!

Lu Bu rides a horse; an explosion has both him and the horse doing barrel rolls beside each other and he lands on the horse and rides away unharmed

CAPTCHA: bonus points...i agree; bonus points for the barrel-rolling horse

The horse is indeed the best thing in the video. The humans all knew that a war was going on. The horse was caught flying (a situation that is pretty atypical for a horse) after presumably being in a boat for a while (another atypical situation for a horse) and quickly got its shit together and was like 'yup, gotta gallop now'.

Irridium:
I don't care what anyone says. I love Dynasty Warriors. It's just so deliciously campy and ridiculous.

It and the first Samurai Warriors game are great (Samurai Warriors 2 sucks though, awful voice acting).
Speaking of voice acting, I noticed that Cao Cao not only looks exactly like Oda Nobunaga from Samurai Warriors, but he has the same VA. And Richard Epcar was the giant beard guy. And Epcar was also in Samurai Warriors as Takeda Shingen.

Is the A.I. in this game still horrible? I remember how cool I thought that the game was because of how many soldiers would fight simultaneously. However, due to horrendously stupid A.I. bots, I could never really get into it. Years later, we're at Dynasty Warriors 8.

Anyway, do they still just stand there, only attacking once every so often? I know that the officers (or whatever they're called) are slightly more aggressive; but, I'm referring to the foot soldiers.

Jodan:
I always wonederd why the foot soldiers even try in these koei games if the shiny characters can kill 200 of them by sneezing. and if they can do that why would a small group of foot soldiers even give them pause, let alone make them runaway, epesially if you mount a backfliping horse.

there is a such thing as being too powerfull

Well you see, on a good day they get paid for just standing in place waving their spear around a bit. Not bad.

Mad World:
Is the A.I. in this game still horrible? I remember how cool I thought that the game was because of how many soldiers would fight simultaneously. However, due to horrendously stupid A.I. bots, I could never really get into it. Years later, we're at Dynasty Warriors 8.

Anyway, do they still just stand there, only attacking once every so often? I know that the officers (or whatever they're called) are slightly more aggressive; but, I'm referring to the foot soldiers.

They're better then they used to be, but unless you're playing on Chaos difficulty, they still won't pose even a small threat to you.

Unless they have a bow. Then they will haunt your dreams.

good video and my love of the dw series will never die

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or