LoadingReadyRun: The Hero We Deserve

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The Hero We Deserve

Look on in awe at the amazing adventures of Guy with a Cell Phone Man!

Watch Video

Lady Landline wasn't a true luddite .... it was a push button landline not a rotary dial

What do you mean there is no next time, YOU MONSTERS!

"There will not be a next time" WHY NOT?

That would surely get Lady Landline Lynched by a League of Livid Lads and Ladies.

You've got to admire Lady Landlines dedication though, that wire must get caught on pretty much everything.

I know I'm not the only one who went "AWWWWWWWWW!" when they said there is no next time.

That awesome alliteration was in a supremely Stan Lee-like style. Excelsior!

Too bad there won't be a next time. You could introduce a sidekick, kid with a tablet. All he does is play Angry Birds and wrack up an enormous amount of in app purchases.

I think this tops the last month of videos easily. Maybe I'm just biased as a fellow Paul, but I think that his writing is the best (sorry everyone else). I just enjoy cheesy puns and one liners too much. Also, I have absolutely no clue who Missy is, but I loved her. Give her more cameos!

Darth_Payn:
That awesome alliteration was in a supremely Stan Lee-like style. Excelsior!

Really? I was thinking more Adam-West-Batman-Style villain. Lady Landline and her theatrics fit perfectly with that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WGCZvtDw0FI#t=60

I have to say it. Lady Landline has my heart ringing. From the moment I saw her, I knew she had my number. From the sultry dial tone of her voice, to her diabolical service plan to rule the world. Perhaps some day, I can reach out and touch her, and we can get busy signal.

I always thought Paul was the villan and Graham was the hero, but I think we have our new villan cast. That is to say I hope to see more villan Missie.

Guy-with-a-Cell-Phone man should at least be given a full season before there not being a "next time."

And Canada was plunged into darkness as no one could make phone calls without a landline any more.

Is that the theme from "Patton" as a ringtone? Awesome!

Just when I thought you guys were running low on ideas, you pull something like this out of nowhere.

Don't ever change, you wacky Canadians!

Didn't Guy With A Cell Phone Man used to be the sidekick to Captain Obvious?

Also, the joke's on Lady Landline: all the pizza places in Canada were bought up by Dominos. Haha. HAHA! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

TiberiusEsuriens:
I think this tops the last month of videos easily. Maybe I'm just biased as a fellow Paul, but I think that his writing is the best (sorry everyone else).

You're a Paul? I'm appalled!

(paul is awesome, though)

That was hilarious. PLEASE MAKE ANOTHER. We need more Guy With A Cell Phone Man!

Please more Guy with a Cellphone Man.

Paul is great as ever, but Lady Landline is awesome.

I feel like cell phone man and lady landline left a lot of jokes on the table. You could easily make this a running gag (and should!)

Wow, the details on that last Facebook page were amazing. Must have taken quite a while to make that.

Sealpower:
Is that the theme from "Patton" as a ringtone? Awesome!

Fun fact: it was also used in Mr. Mom.

I'm on my way to "totallyrealhookups.com" right now because it seems so legit.

Okay totally looking forward to the Loading Time on this one.

Also screw Guy With a Cellphone Man. I want to see more about episodes of Lady Landline. She's obviously an actually competent villain.

I have a favorite new LRR character. Lady Landline is just fantastic. I laughed heartily at this one.

Noooooo, I need more of Lady Landline. She's so cool in that 1960's cheesy kind of way.
I need to know what happens next. You can't do this to me. That's like hold bacon in front of a dog and saying he can't have any. It's not right man! D:

Wow, this guy is even more usefull than Bicycle Repair Man! :)

Missie sounds more like a secret identity name than an actress's name.
Unless of course... IT WAS NO ACT! 0_O

Jaeger_CDN:
Lady Landline wasn't a true luddite .... it was a push button landline not a rotary dial

She makes up for it by not using protection in bed, because she's pro labor.

AngelSword:
I have to say it. Lady Landline has my heart ringing. From the moment I saw her, I knew she had my number. From the sultry dial tone of her voice, to her diabolical service plan to rule the world. Perhaps some day, I can reach out and touch her, and we can get busy signal.

You are one smooth operator.

Zachary Amaranth:
Didn't Guy With A Cell Phone Man used to be the sidekick to Captain Obvious?

Also, the joke's on Lady Landline: all the pizza places in Canada were bought up by Dominos. Haha. HAHA! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

TiberiusEsuriens:
I think this tops the last month of videos easily. Maybe I'm just biased as a fellow Paul, but I think that his writing is the best (sorry everyone else).

You're a Paul? I'm apauled!)

I know you are but what am I?

And I want more Guy With A Cellphone Man.

Did anyone else look at the banner slide for this on the main page and think: HEY! Dr. Horrible's sing along blog!!!

There should TOTALLY be a next time. I was on board to begin with but once lady landline showed up I was like yooooooooooo

Please be a next time!!

That was a fun idea actually!

This would be a perfect series in itself.

Lord Draenor:
What do you mean there is no next time, YOU MONSTERS!

Yeah, there totally needs to be a next time. I absolutely must see the conclusion to this wonderful adventure!

It takes an exceptional actor to be able to say One Direction is any good with a straight face.
Well done.

I thought the villain was going to be House with Surprisingly Thick Ceiling Man. Or maybe Tunnel Person.

I need to know how he overcomes such a diabolical plot. I need to know!!!

Nice! This is my favorite sketch in awhile. The appearance of Lady Landline really took it up a notch. And I loved how she went through the yellow pages on her old-timey rotary phone. Nice touch.

The video was going good, then Missie showed up and it proceeded to get amazing.

I absolutely lost my shit when Paul cried out: "Lady Landline!"

Top notch video this week guys; you had me in stitches!

Jaeger_CDN:

I was thinking the same thing. The slow arduous turn of a rotary dial is about the only thing that would have improved that scene.

TheArchbishopJubilee:
Nice! This is my favorite sketch in awhile. The appearance of Lady Landline really took it up a notch. And I loved how she went through the yellow pages on her old-timey rotary phone. Nice touch.

It wasn't a true rotary, it's a retro push button phone with a brassy shield to look like a rotary dial hence her not being a true Luddite.

Damn it, I'm sounding like a rotary fanatic now. Maybe it's a traumatic childhood memory of my parents having a push button phone attached to a rotary line and pushing a button to hear the clicking in the background when dialing out.

I feel old when I think back about being around for party lines, rotary dial phones and 300 baud modems to connect to BBS's, things you youngsters have only heard about ... now get off my lawn before I take the hose to you!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here