Escapist News Now: Titanfall Release Date and Collector's Edition Announced

Titanfall Release Date and Collector's Edition Announced

The upcoming mech shooter Titanfall finally gets a release date.

Watch Video

The answer is no.

No game is worth $250 at release to me. No video game will ever be worth that price to me.

And honestly, I guess I'm one of the few people who still doesn't get why Titanfall is so hyped. A shooter with parkour elements is not unusual or out of place any more, nor are games which feature mechs, flight suits, or some variation thereof. A hybrid of the two was inevitable in the long run. What exactly sets it apart from every other shooter besides those elements? Are the controls infinitely better than other shooters? Does it introduce any mechanics to shooters that would attract someone who lacks much prior interest in the genre? What does Titanfall do that merits such an incredible amount of pre-release hype that isn't already covered by other shooters?

I'm not asking rhetorically, I genuinely want to know why people are so dead set on this game being the next "big thing" when all the demos I've watched simply suggested to me that it was yet another shooter, but this time with mechs.

I guess while most people see the next CoD or Battlefield, I'm looking at all this absurd hype and thinking back to Perfect Dark Zero, and how that game would be the "huge console-seller" for its respective generation. PDZ was a decent game but didn't end up going anywhere or doing much of anything for the console, at least, not nearly as much as it was presumed to. And I can't help but sense that Titanfall is putting itself in that same position, where it may well be a good game....but "console seller"? Premature to claim that, methinks.

Yeah...no. The only way I would pick it up is to proxy the Titan model in a Warhammer 40K game (they sell titan models, but they're upwards of $500).

$250 for the game and $400+ for the console. . . Nope! Unless I come into a major winfall within the next few weeks

That been said I'm not really feeling it for this game, sure it looks fun but what is the story?

-M

Ohlookit'sMatty:
$400+ for the console. . .

-M

500 for the console :D

It's not coming to PS4.

Well... not in the foreseeable future at least. I'm not sure who makes it, but unless it's Microsoft, I wager I'll go cross platform eventually.

I'm not shitting money to throw 250$ for a "EIGHTEEN INCH" (18" omfgbbq) statue that I have no where to put.

I will grab the normal version on PC and be happy with that thank you very much. Even that it's low chance because I'm saving some cash for Dark Souls 2 that comes out in the same month.

That and as well saving for the most anticipated game of 2014 which is Witcher 3 which I will buy Collector Edition because I want to support the awesome dev that is CDProjekt RED. They actually care about their fans unlike others *cough* Bioware *cough*.

Draconalis:

Ohlookit'sMatty:
$400+ for the console. . .

-M

500 for the console :D

It's not coming to PS4.

Well... not in the foreseeable future at least. I'm not sure who makes it, but unless it's Microsoft, I wager I'll go cross platform eventually.

Oh $500+ for the console, well that makes a totally difference

I'm just going to stay over here with my PC and 360 in the poor corner and be happy

-M

Ohlookit'sMatty:
[...]
I'm just going to stay over here with my PC and 360 in the poor corner and be happy
[...]

PC, poor corner? You do know there's also a PC version for, idunno, 50 bucks?

Synthetica:

Ohlookit'sMatty:
[...]
[...]

PC, poor corner? You do know there's also a PC version for, idunno, 50 bucks?

Oh right, well as stated I'm not too pushed on it so I won't be getting it anytime soon

-M

Ohlookit'sMatty:
$250 for the game and $400+ for the console. . . Nope! Unless I come into a major winfall within the next few weeks

That been said I'm not really feeling it for this game, sure it looks fun but what is the story?

-M

Why add the price of the console?
I don't see people say, $10 steam sale game and a $1000 PC gaming rig. . . Nope!

I think it's implied that when you decide to buy a console you plan to buy more than one piece of software in the entirety of it's lifecycle. The first game you buy doesn't have to be a 'system seller'. If it did, I'd have never bought a single console ever because no individual console game has been worth the cost of the game AND the console combined.

babinro:

Ohlookit'sMatty:

-M

Why add the price of the console?
I don't see people say, $10 steam sale game and a $1000 PC gaming rig. . . Nope!

I think it's implied that when you decide to buy a console you plan to buy more than one piece of software in the entirety of it's lifecycle. The first game you buy doesn't have to be a 'system seller'. If it did, I'd have never bought a single console ever because no individual console game has been worth the cost of the game AND the console combined.

First off, its a €1100 computer, that I use for 3D modelling // Secondly I have in the past bought a console just to play one game (ie: Dead Rising for the 360) but that doesn't mean I stopped buying games after that one // It was just the game where I went "yep, have the buy this console now" and I do have friend who are saying they are going to need to a new PC to play games that are coming out on PC soon, so that does happen too

Not everyone just buys a new PC for a game they want to play as PCs do a few other things as well, but Everyone buys a new console for the games, whether it's that one special game, or a group of games, that just just have to play

-M

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here