Escapist News Now: The Order: 1886 New Screens Revealed

The Order: 1886 New Screens Revealed

Andrea takes a peek at some new screenshots for upcoming action-adventure game The Order: 1886.

Watch Video

Looks awesome enough to be sure, but the proof of the pudding is in the eating. Is there any timeframe as to when someone is actually going to be able to play the game or show some real gameplay footage?

Anybody play Ready at Dawns other titles? Are they any Good?

[...]A mix of Fantasy, Science Fiction, Mythology, and History[...]

Seriously? It's called Steampunk. /facepalm

The game looks fantastic and it's one of my most anticipated titles for the ps4. If it's ANYTHING like what they promise, I'll be happy. The story alone would get me interested in an 8-bit version of the game so the graphics are just gravy.

Keneth:

[...]A mix of Fantasy, Science Fiction, Mythology, and History[...]

Seriously? It's called Steampunk. /facepalm

I was thinking that too. But reviewers are generally damned if they do and damned if they don't anymore regarding calling something steampunk. But this has always looked pretty textbook steampunk in every sense of the word.

It might be good, but after a single cursory glance at these pictures, I'm a little worried. This feels a bit like a Steampunk take on Gears of War where the characters at least have the benefit of not being fridges with arms and legs.

I'm not sure I'm up for another TPS about hiding behind chest-high walls, no matter if the game tries to wow me with super-awesome clockwork weaponry concepts.

IamLEAM1983:
It might be good, but after a single cursory glance at these pictures, I'm a little worried. This feels a bit like a Steampunk take on Gears of War where the characters at least have the benefit of not being fridges with arms and legs.

I'm not sure I'm up for another TPS about hiding behind chest-high walls, no matter if the game tries to wow me with super-awesome clockwork weaponry concepts.

This is the kind of universe I'd rather have experienced GOW in. Frankly, I hate the GOW world but didn't mind the gameplay that much.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here