Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies Review

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies Review

Dual Destinies puts Phoenix Wright, Apollo Justice and newcomer Athena Cykes in the courtroom to - "Objection!"

Read Full Article

Excellent, can't wait to pick this up, its been an absolute age since I last played an Ace Attorney game, I felt empty after finishing them all and Investigations 2 never being localized (I still resent Capcom harshly for that, always will)

Avoided the demo as I want to go in as fresh as possible.

Something else to look forward to this Christmas, and I'm glad to hear the analytic psychology thing isn't particularly obtrusive. The mind reading bracelet gimmick in Apollo Justice was pretty dumb.

TizzytheTormentor:
Excellent, can't wait to pick this up, its been an absolute age since I last played an Ace Attorney game, I felt empty after finishing them all and Investigations 2 never being localized (I still resent Capcom harshly for that, always will)

Avoided the demo as I want to go in as fresh as possible.

About Investigations 2: The first two cases are already translated by the fan TL, I guess the entire game will be done by 2014. You can get more info about the patch at http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=27716

Not even reading the review for fear of spoilers, 4.5 stars. Awesome.

This means it's almost as good as Dragonage 2 right?

Sorry but that joke is never going to get old

Ok ordering a 3DS right now.

Not that I was waiting for any reviews before buying the game but this is a nice back up justification for buying an entire console for one game.

Also completely off topic but is Fire Emblem Awakening any good? I hear it's great and I would really not want an entire console just for Ace Attorney. I mean I AM getting an entire console just for Ace Attorney but an extra game or two would be nice.

At least the full backwards compatibility means I can play all the other Ace Attorney games because I somehow outright lost my DS... How the hell did I manage that?

The Wykydtron:
=

Also completely off topic but is Fire Emblem Awakening any good? I hear it's great and I would really not want an entire console just for Ace Attorney. I mean I AM getting an entire console just for Ace Attorney but an extra game or two would be nice.

Fire Emblem is amazing. I didn't buy my 3DS just for it (it was the first game I bought for it though), but if there was no other game for the 3DS I'd have no regrets, considering the time I put into Fire Emblem and how much fun it is.

As for Phoenix Wright, I'm going to play this game so hard people will wonder how I could ever do anything else, knowing nothing I do will live up to how completely I did this.

Still annoyed that they won't have a physical release which means I am going to have to buy a larger SD card just so I can play this damn game.

Ugh, the hoops I must jump through to play one of my favorite franchises -_-

Ponyholder:
Still annoyed that they won't have a physical release which means I am going to have to buy a larger SD card just so I can play this damn game.

Its digital only? Dammit, so much for going the trade route to get it :/. Still man glad the game lives up to the quality of its older titles. I didn't read the review either, I want no spoilers.

Ponyholder:

I put off buying a bigger SD card for a long time before finally breaking down earlier this year. Now that I have it, though, I'm glad. It's nice to be able to download games without worrying about how much space I have left. Worth the investment.

Simple Bluff:
Something else to look forward to this Christmas, and I'm glad to hear the analytic psychology thing isn't particularly obtrusive. The mind reading bracelet gimmick in Apollo Justice was pretty dumb.

Apollo's bracelet does show up a few times in Dual Destinies, but it's not a prominent mechanic. The analytical psychology portions are lengthier and more important to the story.

Sarah LeBoeuf:

Ponyholder:

I put off buying a bigger SD card for a long time before finally breaking down earlier this year. Now that I have it, though, I'm glad. It's nice to be able to download games without worrying about how much space I have left. Worth the investment.

I know, but I am a Collector. I like having the ability to "see" my games. I need to figure out a way to display what Digital Games I have. Even if I have buy a touchscreen and program special buttons with touch feedback that will launch the game wirelessly to my PC...

Blegh.

Simple Bluff:

How can you scoff at the percieve system when Phoenix literally had a psychic lie-detector? If you're talking mechanics-wise, then yeah, it was kind of tricky at times, but as far as the story goes that's way less out there than the megatama or all the times Mia shows up.

otakon17:

Ponyholder:

Its digital only? Dammit, so much for going the trade route to get it :/. Still man glad the game lives up to the quality of its older titles. I didn't read the review either, I want no spoilers.

Can't you trade in games for a 3DS points card or something like that? I also know Gamestop does digital download codes, maybe they'll have one for this too? I'm hoping one or the other, I need this and I have no money.

Nice work Capcom, you finally did something right for a change. ^_^

Mcoffey:

Simple Bluff:

How can you scoff at the percieve system when Phoenix literally had a psychic lie-detector? If you're talking mechanics-wise, then yeah, it was kind of tricky at times, but as far as the story goes that's way less out there than the megatama or all the times Mia shows up.

Yes, I was talking mechanics wise. Story wise I'm fine with it - it's just another quirky element to the Ace Attorney series :)

Ponyholder:

Sarah LeBoeuf:

Ponyholder:

I know, but I am a Collector. I like having the ability to "see" my games. I need to figure out a way to display what Digital Games I have. Even if I have buy a touchscreen and program special buttons with touch feedback that will launch the game wirelessly to my PC...

Blegh.

I'm with you on the physical display thing. I like having complete collections of games I love. I may try to import a Japanese copy just to have on my display shelf.

And once again, the 3DS provides another killer app for me. "BOB", I desperately need to get this frigging system!

"By the power vested in me, I declare Capcom NOT GUILTY on the charge of incompetence!"

The Wykydtron:

Also completely off topic but is Fire Emblem Awakening any good?

I greatly enjoyed it, but I found playing on Hard/Classic was annoying occasionally when new units would spawn unpredictably and move before you could react. Screwed me over a couple of times, but a couple of levels restarted in a game I've spent 60 hours+ on is pretty good. Great game, but feels like it was made for casual mode rather than classic, so slightly off for long term fans of the series. If you do get it, don't touch any DLC anything until post game. If you do all the free content once you'll outlevel the story to the point of boredom.

OT: Yes. YEESSS. I've only played the first game in the series before, and was recently thinking about getting the next one(s). Saw this on my 3DS eshop this morning for 20 and it's great to hear the positive response.

This is going to be playing a lot until I get the game.

I'll be picking this up ASAP, and then waiting for them to port Investigations 2 and Wright vs Layton. Wikipedia says that sales of this game will determine if they get around to those and I await Capcom's blaming us for the lack of localization for not buying enough. Of course, since it's digital only, that might be less of an issue, as it's a bit harder for an entire group of friends to just pass one copy of the game around, and then pawn it at gamestop. If all digital is what it takes to get more Phoenix, then so be it. Though I hope they tone down the westernizations. A bento box is NOT a spaghetti dinner.

ccggenius12:
I'll be picking this up ASAP, and then waiting for them to port Investigations 2 and Wright vs Layton.

Wright Vs. Layton is already coming out in the west.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/126662-Professor-Layton-vs-Phoenix-Wright-Is-Coming-to-The-West

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here