Miracle of Sound: Hard Cash (Grand Theft Auto 5)

Hard Cash (Grand Theft Auto 5)

We ain't gonna linger and lie low, when there's hard cash coming back...

Watch Video

As well as portraying Michael's character perfectly I feel this song of the three best represents GTA V as a whole. I was honestly surprised by GTA V's soundtrack and love how you've represented it here.

I assume the rock elements that start to appear, poking through the synth during the chorus (along with the guitar solo at 2:41) are a reference to Michael's gradual decline into his old, traditional and more exciting lifestyle? That's how I interpreted it at any rate.

Dat baseline. I think this'll be in my head for some time!

I can guess which one is the next if the two latest ones are anything to go by!
Damn I should become a private detective or something!!

Love it, as previously said, this encapsulates GTAV as a whole, and really goes along with the game score. I was glad it had that synth vibe.

Guffe:

Or maybe you shouldn't. This song marks the third of Gav's three protagonist songs. :P

Proverbial Jon:

Guffe:

Or maybe you shouldn't. This song marks the third of Gav's three protagonist songs. :P

No!!
He still has Chopp left, he can't leave out the best character in the game!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Well... apparently I've missed one then :/
my bad :,(

Guffe:

Proverbial Jon:

Guffe:

No!!

Hey, maybe you're not wrong after all. Chop really should get his own song!

I noticed a little reference at the end there to "Drive" (I think it was, you can totally say it was intentional if you want) wish you had been able to work in something from rampage as well.

The thought of Easy Money makes my Cash Hard.

Another enjoyable video. Thanks!

Also, I used the same luchador masks during that one mission. :)

DVS BSTrD:
I noticed a little reference at the end there to "Drive" (I think it was, you can totally say it was intentional if you want) wish you had been able to work in something from rampage as well.

You know Rampage has a reference to Drive as well?

OT: And thus, the grand trilogy was complete, and the world was all the better for it. I still like Rampage better, but Rampage is the best thing ever, so I don't see how you could top it.

Proverbial Jon:

Guffe:

Proverbial Jon:

No!!

Hey, maybe you're not wrong after all. Chop really should get his own song!

Would it be about shitting all the time and humping everything that moves? Because that's the only ground I think you can mine.

Holy hell wow, put all three of the videos on at the same time playing over each other... makes for a fucking chaotic mess that pretty much sums up GTA to me. Sounds like theres all three trying to get you to play with them, trying to yell harder than the others. the songs and lyrics have different enough tones that its easy enough to tell them apart. haha

Edit: on topic tho, I liked this song a lot, loved the synth/rock fusion. I prefer this one and Rampage to Drive, just cus I'm not a huge fan of rap/hip hop. Rampage was f**king fun as hell tho but I love the chorus to this one.

DVS BSTrD:

I don't know if Rampage would have fitted at the end.

Also, lol.

trty00:

DVS BSTrD:

You know Rampage has a reference to Drive as well?

OT: And thus, the grand trilogy was complete, and the world was all the better for it. I still like Rampage better, but Rampage is the best thing ever, so I don't see how you could top it.

I think he was referring to the "Gonna drive my blues away" line, not the arc words.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here