No Right Answer: A Better Batman than Ben Affleck

Pages 1 2 NEXT

A Better Batman than Ben Affleck

With Arkham Origins showcasing a new Bat-voice and Ben Affleck donning the cape in the movies, many fans are upset at all the change. Let's put our money where our mouths are and discuss who the perfect Bat-pick would be.

Watch Video

Walken as Batman?....ok. I'd watch that.

Christopher Walken should be Martian Manhunter. And Matthew McConaughey should be Green Arrow.
I'm really more worried about how they're going to try to fit Ben Affleck into the role than I am about how he's actually going to play it

RE Hugh Jackman as Batman: Wolverine as Batman...is more reasonable than you guys think.

During the Marvel vs. DC arc, the two worlds combined to form the Amalgam age and several heroes and villains merged to become new heroes and villians. Batman and Wolverine merged to become Dark Claw, and it was basically Logan being the Bat fighting against his arch-nemesis, Hyena. (Joker/Sabertooth amalgamation) Other combos of note included Super Soldier (Superman/Captain America) and Amazon. (Wonder Woman/Storm)

CAPTCHA: night owl

No...that guy wasn't part of the Amalgam age...but "Midnight Rendevous" by him was a pretty good rap.

Those were some interesting choices, with most of them being pretty unexpected(Elba and MacFarlane being the most surprising for me). If it came down to a vote, I'd scribble Pete Holmes on my ballot. That dude is hilarious as Batman.

those where some interesting theories. When you said Christopher Walken I was leaning back in my chair the laughter almost made me fall all the way back, your joke almost caused me harm... good one.

Are Movie Bob and I the only ones looking forward to Ben as the bat?

Anybody can be Batman as long as they dub Kevin Conroy's voice over his. That being said...Gerard Butler

Robot-Jesus:

Probably not but Ben doesn't have the voice for Batman.

the Arch Angel Gabriel as Batman . . . my god . . . can you even imagine the power of that kind of character casting? that'd be like putting Snape as the voice of God . . . oh wait, or Morgan Freeman AS God . . . oh wait!

someone, please, get in touch with Warner Bros. and tell them we need Christopher Walken as Batman!

Robot-Jesus:

I wouldn't say "looking forward to" so much as "curious about" I've seen him in a myriad of roles but never as someone directly comperable to batman/bruce wayne, now I think he can do it . . . but I don't know how well he can.

Idris Elba isn't a bad idea but I just can't see him pull off a playboy tbh...
He has a more fatherly/serious aura, so him as Commissionaire Gordon or even Alfred would be interesting/fitting.

If your gonna have a black guy play Batman, then it really ought to be Samuel Jackson.

As for Ben Affleck, I'm okay with the casting, but he needs to use the line "I'm the Goddamn Batman!" once.

Halle Berry's played 3 comic book characters? Who's the third?

Mahoshonen:
If your gonna have a black guy play Batman, then it really ought to be Samuel Jackson.

As for Ben Affleck, I'm okay with the casting, but he needs to use the line "I'm the Goddamn Batman!" once.

Oh please no...
Denzel Washington might be good though, he certainly can play the BW playboy part just the question is how good would he be as Batman himself.

Mikkaddo:

Robot-Jesus:

I wouldn't say "looking forward to" so much as "curious about" I've seen him in a myriad of roles but never as someone directly comperable to batman/bruce wayne, now I think he can do it . . . but I don't know how well he can.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Ben as Batman, because if he's given the right material (and h's involved behind the scenes, like writing, directing, and producing) he can act the hell out of it.

Now about Idris Elba: there is a black Batman, and he's Batwing, one of the Nu52's biggest hits and an operative of Batman, Incorporated. Let's see 'em make a movie out of THAT!

You bastards, I had a mouthful of beer I nearly spit out when you brought up Christopher Walken at the end.

But I thought Christopher Walken was already a superhero.

The correct answer is John Hamm, who wouldn't have to change out of his Mad Men wardrobe to play Bruce Wayne.

However forget Batman, he can be anybody...the real stars are always the villains.

And for that I nominate Patrick Stewart as Clock King (from his first appearance in animated series) whose only superpower is being so anal-retentive that he out-plans Batman.

rembrandtqeinstein:
The correct answer is John Hamm, who wouldn't have to change out of his Mad Men wardrobe to play Bruce Wayne.

However forget Batman, he can be anybody...the real stars are always the villains.

And for that I nominate Patrick Stewart as Clock King (from his first appearance in animated series) whose only superpower is being so anal-retentive that he out-plans Batman.

If you're going to go Clock King, my vote would be Matt Frewer. More tightly wound.

Joe Kucan would be awesome as Batman. Christopher Walken would make for a very interesting (and better than Ben Affleck) Batman.

Brandon Keener?

Jason Statham......think about it.....You know I'm right.

pointless vandalism:

BUT HE WOULD HAVE TO GROW HAAAAIIR!

I wouldn't mind looking at his back though. No sir.

Keeanu Reeves as batman.

bam.

pointless vandalism:

:(

How about Mark Hamill! he could play an insane version of Batman... one where he has a split personality.

If we're thinking outside the box I'd go with Jaime Foxx. He'd be great as Bruce Wayne and he would be kick-ass as Batman.

I gotta toss my hat into the ring for either Jeffrey Donovan or Bruce Campbell.

Since we're making a game out of throwing crazy yet awesome names into the 'who aughta be the Bat' Hat allow me to present my two nominations:

and if not these two or Affleck as planned I would approve of Seth MacFarlane being the Bat

AgDr_ODST:
Since we're making a game out of throwing crazy yet awesome names into the 'who aughta be the Bat' Hat allow me to present my two nominations:

and if not these two or Affleck as planned I would approve of Seth MacFarlane being the Bat

Ron perlman would be an awesome old batman. I'd love to see that. Nathan Fillion would be good too or actually how about Jensen Ackles (dean winchester Supernatural) he has the voice and intimidation factor for batman and I could easily see him doing the playboy millionaire roll too though it would be a younger Bruce Wayne then people are assuming.

Offtopic: that picture of nation fillion made me think that we would be a great flash lol

GamemasterAnthony:
RE Hugh Jackman as Batman: Wolverine as Batman...is more reasonable than you guys think.

During the Marvel vs. DC arc, the two worlds combined to form the Amalgam age and several heroes and villains merged to become new heroes and villians. Batman and Wolverine merged to become Dark Claw, and it was basically Logan being the Bat fighting against his arch-nemesis, Hyena. (Joker/Sabertooth amalgamation) Other combos of note included Super Soldier (Superman/Captain America) and Amazon. (Wonder Woman/Storm)

I'm not sure you understand what 'reasonable' means.

'Comics did it' rarely qualifies.

Loki_The_Good:

AgDr_ODST:

Ron Perlman would be an awesome old batman. I'd love to see that. Nathan Fillion would be good too or actually how about Jensen Ackles (dean winchester Supernatural) he has the voice and intimidation factor for batman and I could easily see him doing the playboy millionaire roll too though it would be a younger Bruce Wayne then people are assuming.

Forget old Batman I'm suddenly envisioning Perlman as Bruce Wayne mentoring a young Terry McGinnis ala Batman Beyond. But that begs the question of who do you cast as Terry?

Nathan Fillion would be a good fit but I'd see him more bringing atleast a slightly more comedic take to one or both characters. I can't say anything about Jensen though...I've never watched Supernatural.

Hugh Jackman is only allowed to play a Wayne character if he is Logan Wayne, Dark Claw.

Mahoshonen:

Shit yeah negro. He'd rock the motherfucking set. I maintain that many films would be better for Samuel L Jackson.

AgDr_ODST:

Loki_The_Good:

Ron Perlman would be an awesome old batman. I'd love to see that. Nathan Fillion would be good too or actually how about Jensen Ackles (dean winchester Supernatural) he has the voice and intimidation factor for batman and I could easily see him doing the playboy millionaire roll too though it would be a younger Bruce Wayne then people are assuming.

Forget old Batman I'm suddenly envisioning Perlman as Bruce Wayne mentoring a young Terry McGinnis ala Batman Beyond. But that begs the question of who do you cast as Terry?

Nathan Fillion would be a good fit but I'd see him more bringing atleast a slightly more comedic take to one or both characters. I can't say anything about Jensen though...I've never watched Supernatural.

They're really dropping the ball never doing a batman beyond movie its such a great universe and your right perlman would be amazing in that roll.

Loki_The_Good:

AgDr_ODST:

Loki_The_Good:

Forget old Batman I'm suddenly envisioning Perlman as Bruce Wayne mentoring a young Terry McGinnis ala Batman Beyond.

They're really dropping the ball never doing a batman beyond movie its such a great universe and your right perlman would be amazing in that roll.

No question at all there, back when Beyond first debuted it might have been justifiable but with cinema tech advancing as it has been they have no excuse now. But beyond [pun intended] Perlman as Wayne who would want to see fill out the cast of a hypothetical Batman Beyond movie? I'm thinking:
Aaron Johnson(Kick Ass) as Terry McGinnis
Bryan Cranston as Terry's father
Emma Watson as Dana Tan
just to name a few.

Tom Cruise would be a better batman than Affleck.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here