Unskippable: BEYOND: Two Souls

BEYOND: Two Souls

Graham and Paul go beyond with BEYOND: Two Souls.

Watch Video

Almost 4 minutes before an Ellen Page reference; you did better than Yahtzee and most other people talking about this game.

Also, I would like to have breakfast now, but I haven't gotten a call from Willem Dafoe confirming my kitchen is safe. Any idea what his timeline is like today?

Thunderous Cacophony:
Almost 4 minutes before an Ellen Page reference; you did better than Yahtzee and most other people talking about this game.

Also, I would like to have breakfast now, but I haven't gotten a call from Willem Dafoe confirming my kitchen is safe. Any idea what his timeline is like today?

He's only just gotten round to calling me to confirm that I can post on the forums, so he's a little behind today.

Also I've never played a David Cage game before, but from what I've heard I'm guessing the actual gameplay is completely identical to that cutscene with random flashes of "press X to continue"

DAMNIT JODIE! Now NO ONE will be having S.W.A.Ty balls for Christmas!
Was nice of her to let the door man live.

The Swat family practice tactical exercises, mine just gets together for family lunch once a month.

P.S, Isn't about time for another confusing anime adventure time game?

Why is a SWAT team assaulting a local sheriff's office? Couldn't they just call him up and say "Hey we're coming for the girl."?
Nice of her to let the sheriff guy live though.

Wilhem Defoe: Secret Agent, would totally play that.
Though its just going to be calling people, telling them to wait for you, and getting there after everything happens. Though the last part where you go bat$#!%-crazy will totally make up for the frustrating 4/5 of the game. With nobody waiting for you because they don't know what they are getting into.

Secret agent or not, I would play the hell out of a Willem DeFoe game.

What IS the paperwork for a paranormal attack that slaughters an entire family of Swats?

I hereby decree that all SWAT Teams hereby be known by the name Twat Seam: Anagram Division.

Either that, or 'Twas Meat.

I can't believe people made such a big deal out of Ellen Page being in this and I never even heard that Dafoe was in it. People need to get their priorities straight.

RatherDashing89:
I can't believe people made such a big deal out of Ellen Page being in this and I never even heard that Dafoe was in it. People need to get their priorities straight.

It was the only thing about the game Jim Sterling was excited about prior to release. Hell, his review even called Dafoe "criminally underused".

RatherDashing89:

Yeah, but I think the difference is that Dafoe was in it on purpose, Page apparently not so much.

I'm surprised with everything surrounding the end of this scene (which was in the trailer, let's plays and now this) that i haven't seen a single reference to firefights or firefights that had previously taken place in the current area :/

I want to play the Adventures of Willem Dafoe: Secret Agent!!

That looks like it could be an interesting movie. But doesn't MovieBob usually handle those?

"Please, can we get Beyond Two Souls"

Graham, you said something almost completely identical at the beginning of one of the previous episodes of Checkpoint on PATV. I'm trying to figure out, what is the meaning behind this? You mean it as "can we get it, because it's good and we should play it" or rather "can we get beyond Two Souls and just stop thinking about it forever"? Or maybe something completely different?

BTW - great episode. And yes, I would totally play a Willem Defoe Secret Agent game.

Ah, some subtle education for your American viewers. Well done. You should do this more often.

So... the mouth animations seemed very strange to me. Was the audio out-of-sync, or is David Cage bad at the one thing he claims to be good at?

I also love that the coffee stain on the wall appeared all at once, with no spray. In any other game I would give it a pass, but coming from David "Polygons!" Cage?

Yossarian1507:
"Please, can we get Beyond Two Souls"

Graham, you said something almost completely identical at the beginning of one of the previous episodes of Checkpoint on PATV. I'm trying to figure out, what is the meaning behind this? You mean it as "can we get it, because it's good and we should play it" or rather "can we get beyond Two Souls and just stop thinking about it forever"? Or maybe something completely different?

I read it the same as the way Yahtzee discussed it in his ZP review, as in beyond two souls, so like 3 souls, or dare we dream, 4!?

From what I understand what we just watched was probably the most exciting part of the game. A shame too. Looks pretty cool.

Is not this the game with the naked Ellen Page?

Don Reba:
Ah, some subtle education for your American viewers. Well done. You should do this more often.

As an Australian I approve of this unamericanisation teaching.

Makabriel:
From what I understand what we just watched was probably the most exciting part of the game. A shame too. Looks pretty cool.

Not really. I played (and actually enjoyed) this game, it has much better moments (what you saw was, well... Unskippable intro). This game received so much flak, but unless you are truly a QTE hater it really boils down to one thing - did you enjoy the story? Some found it non-coherent and silly, I actually found it engaging and touching. I would give it a strong 9/10. Some parts could be better explained and/or acted, but overall the gameplay flows well (non invasive QTE's that actually let you progress the story without replaying them dozen of times *cough* Resident Evil *cough*), and I loved all those little details that change during the story after your small or big choice moments. Pretty much like in Heavy Rain, maybe a bit simplified.

On a basic level - did you like Heavy Rain? If yes, then you're probably going to like B: TS. If not - move along, nothing to see here.

Captcha: Good day - and to you too, my good Sir.

Yossarian1507:

Makabriel:

Not really. I played (and actually enjoyed) this game, it has much better moments (what you saw was, well... Unskippable intro). This game received so much flak, but unless you are truly a QTE hater it really boils down to one thing - did you enjoy the story? Some found it non-coherent and silly, I actually found it engaging and touching. I would give it a strong 9/10. Some parts could be better explained and/or acted, but overall the gameplay flows well (non invasive QTE's that actually let you progress the story without replaying them dozen of times *cough* Resident Evil *cough*), and I loved all those little details that change during the story after your small or big choice moments. Pretty much like in Heavy Rain, maybe a bit simplified.

On a basic level - did you like Heavy Rain? If yes, then you're probably going to like B: TS. If not - move along, nothing to see here.

Captcha: Good day - and to you too, my good Sir.

Actually, I did like Heavy Rain, so that's good to hear. May end up renting this one as I do most other games these days..

Mylinkay Asdara:

RatherDashing89:

Yeah, but I think the difference is that Dafoe was in it on purpose, Page apparently not so much.

Ellen Page can't really be like the female Michael Cera, playing the same character type in everything, right? I only remember seeing her in X-Men 3 and Inception. And I would totally play Willem Dafoe: Secret Agent! Press X to yell at the idiot on the other line! Punch out everybody who calls you "William"!

canadamus_prime:
Why is a SWAT team assaulting a local sheriff's office? Couldn't they just call him up and say "Hey we're coming for the girl."?
Nice of her to let the sheriff guy live though.

Because writers see SWAT as the play by their own rules cowboys of law enforcement.

How come Willem Dafoe: Secret Agent isn't already a videogame?

Hero in a half shell:

Thunderous Cacophony:

He's only just gotten round to calling me to confirm that I can post on the forums, so he's a little behind today.

Also I've never played a David Cage game before, but from what I've heard I'm guessing the actual gameplay is completely identical to that cutscene with random flashes of "press X to continue"

Talking about gameplay, isn't Cage games, like one giant cutscene?
Graham and Paul could just do walkthrough on Unskippable and it would still fit the format.

UNHchabo:

I also love that the coffee stain on the wall appeared all at once, with no spray. In any other game I would give it a pass, but coming from David "Polygons!" Cage?

Well, to be honest it is less about polygons and more about physics (he isn't David "Physics" Cage after all)
But polygons were really nice and plentiful
In fact that coffee stain contained same amount of polygons like Shepard from ME

And really, just accept you are simply jealous because that coffee stain have more emotions than you do
I accepted it and I'm finally at peace with myself.
Why can't you be cool like me?

I would love to play "adventures of wilem defoe secret agent"

I would love to kickstart Adventures of William Defoe, Secret Agent, if the mood in this thread is any indication.

This reminds me of those old video capture games of the 90s.

In fact... They could have done that whole game with video capture and probably would have had the same response/impact.

MowDownJoe:

RatherDashing89:

It was the only thing about the game Jim Sterling was excited about prior to release. Hell, his review even called Dafoe "criminally underused".

Wouldn't it be more accurate to call the game over-Cage(d)?

misterprickly:
This reminds me of those old video capture games of the 90s.

In fact... They could have done that whole game with video capture and probably would have had the same response/impact.

Yeah, sort of what I was thinking. I actually noticed recently that both the 7th Guest and the 11th Hour where available on Steam and let's just say that their "cutscenes" have not aged well.

"The Adventure of Willem Dafoe: Secret Agent" sounds like an infinitely better game than this turkey turned out to be.

Wow, that cop is a killing monster, taking down all the SWAT guys like that. Kind of like the predator!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here