Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Pirate Games

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Top 5 Pirate Games

Lisa shows off her shanty skills to give us a look at the top five pirates games.

Watch Video

It's about time Legend of Goof Troop: A Link to the Goof got some love.

Talk about fun timing! I just recently made a reference to the Monkey Island games in response to this thing that showed up on Cheezburger.

BTW, Lis...Guybrush Threepwood vs. Jack Sparrow. Which pirate is the most awesomely humorous in your opinion?

Awww Darn it! Since this would be the last episode I was kinda hoping you'd be in costume, maybe be a bit more... shanty-ly clad :P
Great list anyway.

No Sid Meier's Pirates? Not even the remake?

You absolutely got me on number one. Haha, booty.

Hannibal942:

Seriously, was really thinking this would be on there someone, or Pirates of the Burning Sea maybe.

Wow... Almost had me with that number 1 selection.

Soon as I saw the topic I instantly though "Monkey Island has to be number 1" the Monkey Island games are just too awesome not to be (Heck, they should be number 1 in more lists...)

That reminds me, I need to find my Curse of Monkey Island discs, really want to replay that now (Not that I need to, I still know every puzzle and bit of dialogue from memory I've played it that much)

Hannibal942:

Yeah, I was going to say that any list of the top pirate games without Sid Meier's Pirates feels somewhat wrong. Well, at least I can respect the games that did made the list.

Eh? No Sid Meier's? No Pirates of the Caribbean by Akell?

They lost out to Goof Troop?

In both of those games you could align yourself with any faction. Be a simple trader or a blood thirsty vagabond. Hell, PotC even tracked your reputation (Hero or Terror of the High Seas) and had people respond to you differently based on that. Ship mattered, wind mattered, Cannons mattered, even crew moral mattered. You really felt like a pirate!

Lisa, I am disappoint.

Hah, who else read it as "Pirated?"

Anyhoo, my fave pirate games are Skies of Arcadia and Monkey Island.

Impressive that you actually put Booty in there. It's not a bad game at all.

I fear I must join the choir of displeasure at not seeing Pirates!, the one and only, the premier swashbuckling sim. Even on a top 5 games of all times it would be worthy of mention.

Shame Zelda in Windwaker went from an interesting character into 2D object when she discovered her true identity.

Hannibal942:

Definitely the DuckTales of this list.

So glad Monkey Island was number one because of cause it is. Monkey island still continues to be one of my all time favorite game series.

Unfortunatly Disney are apparently going to focus on pirates of the caribbean. As if Jack Sparrow could even come close to Guybrush Threepwood, the mightiest of mighty pirates!

Oh, by the way, the above having been said, Tropico 2 is a fantastic game and I doubt that would make most other Top 5 Pirate lists, you do get bonus points there.

Hannibal942:

This^

Sid Meier's Pirates needed to be on the list =/

Yeah she also got me with number one. I was like WTF.
On another note, how many T-shirts does she have? And they're all so fashionable too ;___;

I too was taken in by #1... I was just a second away from rushing to the forum to RAGE that Monkey Island wasn't mentioned. Well played.

However, I do agree, Sid Meier's Pirates was an absolute blast, and deserved to be on the list.

tangoprime:

Hannibal942:

Seriously, was really thinking this would be on there someone, or Pirates of the Burning Sea maybe.

I have Sid Meier's Pirates for every platform, PC (windows and OSX) and iOS. You can even get it for the Wii, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. If you've not played it, we can't be friends.

That's just the remake!

Great list, but I would like to add my voice to the chorus of "Why no Sid Meier's Pirates!?" That game made me actually like pirates for the first time.

Why why is there no Claw! Seriously that is like the Cat version of AC 4

Its got swashbuckling pistol shooting and cat scratching!

Lisa, i tell you pale skin are other than tan, don't be sad you can't tan, we like you as you are ;)

Jeez, was the C64 Booty really that bad? The Spectrum version at least had other pirates you needed to avoid.

CCS's Plunder was clearly piratey-themed, although technically it was more about just making a mess out of the Spanish Armada.

And the first Monkey Island appeared on everything - I'd have liked to see an Amiga credit. :-p

How could you forget Pirates! ?? I'm am green with fury, Lisa! ...well at least green-ish... well okay, I FEEL green

Evil Smurf:

tangoprime:

Hannibal942:

I have Sid Meier's Pirates for every platform, PC (windows and OSX) and iOS. You can even get it for the Wii, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. If you've not played it, we can't be friends.

That's just the remake!

There's a version for the PSP as well. Just figured I'd let you know.

I played that game on this device called an Apple 2c. When it was a new game.

I'll throw my hat into the "no Sid Meier's Pirates?!" camp.

Granted I only played the remake, but still. Game was great.

No Misadventures of Tron Bonne?! This list is garbage and so is half the games on this list! /RAGE

Seriously tho, no skies of Arcadia and no Misadventures of Tron Bonne.... there is obvious bias against sky pirates... only the best pirates to ever not actually exist.

I haven't played some of the games on the list but I am a bit surprised that Sid Meier's Pirates didn't make it on. One of my favourites, and an iconic pirate game. I would have also accepted The Ancient Art of War at Sea, but unfortunately the game is so old it's almost unplayable now.

Oh man, Sid Meier's Pirates! has to be on this list! It's the quintessential pirate game that has lasted and people keep coming back to it.

Hannibal942:

That was my first thought. My second thought? Boo...

1: sid meier's pirates, 2: skies of arcadia, I don't care about the other places

Skies of Arcadia on the dreamcast was the first and only game that made me carry around my VMU for passing time between classes...

I rage quit after #1 but then I realized I've probably been had XD. Also, no Sid Meier's Pirates ?

I'm kinda disappointed that more people don't remeber Sea Dogs or its sequel Pirates of the Caribbean, though they probably weren't as good as I remeber.

Hannibal942:

Yeah I did wonder about that.

Royal sloop or war canoe? :D

Gregory Wollf:
Oh man, Sid Meier's Pirates! has to be on this list! It's the quintessential pirate game that has lasted and people keep coming back to it.

Yeah, I lost an entire summer to that game.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here