Escapist News Now: South Park RPG Delays Again

South Park RPG Delays Again

Ubisoft unveiled a new gameplay trailer today, but they did it with the announcement the game won't ship until March 4th, 2014.

Watch Video

...Since when did Escapist videos go onto Yahoo? I just noticed... In any case, the game doesn't really look like anything outside of a standard rpg.

The trailer said the release date was March 7th, this says the 4th.

deserteagleeye:
The trailer said the release date was March 7th, this says the 4th.

European video, european release date. Don't worry america, you'll still get it before anyone else!

CAPTCHA: go berserk ... well as I've just found out I have'nt been paid, yes I think I will!

Releasing game in the month when Titanfall and Dark Souls 2 comes out..not very smart Ubisoft, not smart at all.

I can't help but thinking that this game would have been better of as a handheld or a smart phone game. I like how it looks like an episode of the actual show doing a final fantasy 6 parody.

another day another delay, I don't think Ubisoft actually want our money. Which i know isn't true because i tried to talk to their support staff about canceling my watch_dogs order. Biggest self congratulatory wankers i have ever seen. Kept saying that they are improving it and polishing it because they only want my best. took forever to explain that i'll much rather just go down to game stop when they release it than use their useless Uplay service ever again.

Not Matt:
I can't help but thinking that this game would have been better of as a handheld or a smart phone game. I like how it looks like an episode of the actual show doing a final fantasy 6 parody.

another day another delay, I don't think Ubisoft actually want our money. Which i know isn't true because i tried to talk to their support staff about canceling my watch_dogs order. Biggest self congratulatory wankers i have ever seen. Kept saying that they are improving it and polishing it because they only want my best. took forever to explain that i'll much rather just go down to game stop when they release it than use their useless Uplay service ever again.

I wonder who the South Park Kafka is....Cartman's a good guy, so...

DarkhoIlow:
Releasing game in the month when Titanfall and Dark Souls 2 comes out..not very smart Ubisoft, not smart at all.

It's the same company who released Rayman 4 days after Skyrim, a week after Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 and 3 days before Skyward Sword. Yeah, they aren't known for tactical launches. When the game sells poorly (because it's being overshadowed by more anticipated games) they'll blame it on piracy.

Family Guy had an MMO.

It was a WoW clone (somehow) and was online for less than 4 months, and was taken down for a multitude of reaons: It was shit, not many people played it, and nobody was going to pay $9 to unlock a class that is a vague mix of all of the others, except with horrible base stats.

I'll bet you any amount of money that this is just another quick scheme for money, and it'll meet the same fate as "the world's first MMOLOL".

dylanmc12:
Family Guy had an MMO.

It was a WoW clone (somehow) and was online for less than 4 months, and was taken down for a multitude of reaons: It was shit, not many people played it, and nobody was going to pay $9 to unlock a class that is a vague mix of all of the others, except with horrible base stats.

I'll bet you any amount of money that this is just another quick scheme for money, and it'll meet the same fate as "the world's first MMOLOL".

Matt and Trey hated all the other South Park games because they were shit. Luckily they have much more control this time around. Maybe you should have a little faith in them.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here