Let's Watch the Captain America: The Winter Soldier Trailer

Winter Soldier is aiming to be a dark, politically-tinged spy thriller in the vein of the Jason Bourne movies... albeit one that still features flying aircraft carriers and bionic arms.

Read Full Article

Really liked the trailer, and I agree the only thing missing from it was Batroc. I -really- want to see how Georges St. Pierre works as the French-Canadian Batman.

Didn't realize that guy at the beginning of the trailer is supposed to be Crossbones. One of my favorite Cap villains for sure. He was especially awesome during the Winter Soldier arcs. Think Sin may show up as a surprise reveal?

Trailer looked awesome. I agree that the new X-Men trailer, while interesting, had nothing dynamic in it, other than "hey, we actually ARE doing this."

But the costumes, Bob liked NONE of them? I dunno, they are at least better that whatever the Avengers suit was supposed to be. Still, my fave thus far was the original suit, which looked like leather over armor, and is apparently what he'll get by the end of this outing.

On that matter, no decent Batsuits either, ever? What does it take to please you Bob?! Ye gods... :P

I thought it was already official the Jeremy Renner wasn't coming back as Hawkeye? I'm sure I read that on CBR ( http://www.comicbookresources.com/ ) already. I mean with the new characters being introduced they have to get rid of ome of the old ones otherwise the film would go on forever.

This one look more like a sociopolitical commentary than a comics book movie.

You're not the only one who wants a Black Widow movie, Bob. That would be awesome. And really, we need a female superhero movie, even though she's not technically a superhero.

Now go forth and do the "Days of Future Past" review.

Thank you for the spoiler warning. I already know but I've seen some people watch this trailer and get syced about the guy. They need to be as surprised as most people when he was originally reveled in the comics. It's unfortunate that anyone googling the Winter soldier will have that spoiled though.

However, at 1:40,

Cap's suit change reminds me of Iron Man 3, where War Machine became Iron Patriot or whatever to be more politically correct. I suppose SHIELD is supposed to be a global institution, so it makes a lot of sense, but I hope we'll see some conflict arise as a result of the change, rather than having Tony Stark make a few jokes about it and nothing else.

I truly loved the first Captain America: The Winter Soldier trailer. I will admit, it was much more engaging than X-Men: Days of Future Past but, hopefully, the next X trailer will be more eye-catching. In regards to the costume Cap is wearing during most of the movie, its OK and slightly growing on me but I really want to see the star spangled man in his classic threads. Hoping that Falcon will get a costume that is closer to his 616 version and less his Ultimate Marvel version.

This looks great, really looking forward to it, it'll most likely be better than IM3

P.S. WOOOOOOOO! Falcon!! :D

Daaaah Whoosh:
Cap's suit change reminds me of Iron Man 3, where War Machine became Iron Patriot or whatever to be more politically correct. I suppose SHIELD is supposed to be a global institution, so it makes a lot of sense, but I hope we'll see some conflict arise as a result of the change, rather than having Tony Stark make a few jokes about it and nothing else.

You think that but that look is based off the costume he wore when he came back from the dead and Bucky took over as Cap so he changed his suit.

Will this movie tie into Agents of Shield?

http://marvel.com/news/story/21453/declassifying_marvels_agents_of_shield_the_well

Not 100%, but close enough...

Fappy:
Didn't realize that guy at the beginning of the trailer is supposed to be Crossbones. One of my favorite Cap villains for sure. He was especially awesome during the Winter Soldier arcs. Think Sin may show up as a surprise reveal?

Lets not be crazy. That's getting into Fear Itself territory. The movieverse isn't quite ready for a crossover that big yet. Still a lot of characters Disney doesn't own and whatnot.

Batroc = Great news!

Everything else looks pretty sub-par, though hopefully not as bad as the first one.

I don't really read comics but still I'm gonna go ahead and guess who the winter soldier is.

Well whatever. The trailer looks great and I'm looking forward to seeing the movie.

I knew who the Winter Soldier was before the film was even announced, but I'm a bit surprised at how blatant it seems to be. The smokey haze at 1:57 isn't very obscuring. Is it even supposed to be a twist?

Maybe I'm spoiled by how well the twist in Iron Man 3 was handled.

I'm super impressed by this trailer. Of all the Marvel follow-ups, the Cap sequel was the one I had the least interest in, but the trailer is making it look to be the best of the lot.

I have to say, I'm was also surprised to discover this is directed by the Russo Brothers. They have some impressive TV credits, but most of their experience is in straight up comedy. Really impressed that their first pure action movie looks this good.

Remus:

Fappy:

Lets not be crazy. That's getting into Fear Itself territory. The movieverse isn't quite ready for a crossover that big yet. Still a lot of characters Disney doesn't own and whatnot.

Sin returned to the fold LONG before Fear Itself was even an idea. I believe she was working alongside Crossbones even before Cap died at the end of Civil War.

misterprickly:
This one look more like a sociopolitical commentary than a comics book movie.

I'm OK with that. Can't save the world all the time after all.

Ugh, Bob just can't hold back his disdain for any comic book movie not made by Marvel. First, lamenting that Matthew Vaughn is gone even though he's replaced by the far superior Bryan Singer. If someone thinks X-Men 1 and 2 is worse than X-Men First Class (with such interesting heroes as Nightcrawler's dad, less-useful man-Storm, the kid who can only fly by yelling, more-useful Cyclops, shitty-looking Beast, and Rose Byrne), that person is wrong. Not only that, but they're still keeping the elements of Vaughn's movie that made it good (namely Magneto Fassbender).

X-Men looks way more interesting than Captain America, if only because I know the social commentary stuff is going to just be heavy handed or just contradicted entirely ("Violence is never the answer, bad guy! Now let me punch you out to stop you!"). But Bob can't admit that someone other than Marvel did something right with a comic book IP.

I doubt we're getting a Black Widow movie any time soon.
Hollywood has a rocky history with female superheroes. Every movie featuring them has bombed.
Supergirl, Black Scorpion, Catwoman, Elektra.
Now, it's been a while since 2003's Elektra. Nolan's Batman movies and Marvel's massive multi-branching franchise happened and changed the whole game. It's 10 years later. So I can see why execs would be tempted to having a go again, and why audiences might be willing to suspend their disbelief. But it's still a long shot.

It's weird that you think people will be surprised by the Winter Soldier's identity. My only knowledge of Captain America is the first film and Avengers and as soon as he was mentioned I just went "yeah, it's (REDACTED).

MovieBob:

Winter Soldier is aiming to be a dark, politically-tinged spy thriller in the vein of the Jason Bourne movies... albeit one that still features flying aircraft carriers and bionic arms.

Read Full Article

In the future could you write the word spoiler, before posting a spoiler link?

I know you warned us but I literally clicked the link before reading those few words after and both me and my son were spoilerfied!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here