Unskippable: 007 Legends

007 Legends

Graham and Paul get their license to kill.

Watch Video

So I'm guessing Bond is more than a little unclear on what "undercover" means. Also how hardened do you have to be for waking up to a dead woman covered in gold to cause no reaction whatsoever.

I'm undercover right now.

*is wearing every hat in the moonbase* is this undercover?

canadamus_prime:
So I'm guessing Bond is more than a little unclear on what "undercover" means. Also how hardened do you have to be for waking up to a dead woman covered in gold to cause no reaction whatsoever.

Bond knows that any relationship he starts has a 50/50 chance of killing the woman involved.

OT: Kudos to the truck driver who, upon seeing everything was exploding ahead of him, kept his cool and drove smoothly on, allowing Bond to jump down and run across his roof, in the rain, wearing dress shoes.

Thunderous Cacophony:

canadamus_prime:

Bond knows that any relationship he starts has a 50/50 chance of killing the woman involved.

Yeah, but still you'd have gotten more of a reaction out of Data from Star Trek:TNG pre-emotion chip.

Hm, that EMP did nothing to that truck...im thinking the driver was in on it, explaining the smooth driving skills while under a seemingly apocalyptic event.
Also, why have they made Daniel Craig's face so smooth? He has hundreds of weathered lines across his face. Is there no texture rendering that can cope with such a task?~?

Thunderous Cacophony:

canadamus_prime:

Sure, but this scene was originally done with Connery's Bond. Connery's Bond could be a pretty cold customer, but even he had a reaction to finding her dead. Hell, even Craig's Bond reacted when the same thing happened to Ms. Fields in [i]Quantum of Solace[/a].

No one else thinks it's weird that he experiences these flashbacks with modern technology (Smartphone, Harrier jet, etc.)? I mean, Goldfinger was originally in the 60's, right? This game seems super weird.

Goldfinger probably doesn't suffer too much, but I can't figure out how something like "From Russia with Love" or "Goldeneye" works without a Soviet Union at the very least.

Is it like Assassin's Creed? Or is James Bond just a time Lord?

"I'm never drowning that much again."

Not just good career advice.

deathjavu:
Goldfinger probably doesn't suffer too much, but I can't figure out how something like "From Russia with Love" or "Goldeneye" works without a Soviet Union at the very least.

With Goldeneye they can just have Bond and Trevelyan infiltrate any random shadowy enterprise and it wouldn't change the plot too much. From Russia with Love pretty much can't be done, I agree with you on that.

canadamus_prime:

"This is the 3rd time this week!"

Maybe he's calculating how much the gold is worth.

kailus13:

deathjavu:

With Goldeneye they can just have Bond and Trevelyan infiltrate any random shadowy enterprise and it wouldn't change the plot too much. From Russia with Love pretty much can't be done, I agree with you on that.

canadamus_prime:

"...and it's only Tuesday."

Assassin's Creed themed James Bond??

I can't throw my money at the screen fast enough!!!

canadamus_prime:

kailus13:

Thinking about it, it would surely be a lot easier to just kill Bond at that stage. Cheaper too.

Graham and Paul, Double O Comedy Duo. License to snark.

But, how can he possibly be experiencing the past films when they clearly happen after all this. The last 3 films have been basically a origins story, so what and how and who and.... I've just gone cross-eyed.

kailus13:

deathjavu:

canadamus_prime:

Is it really Goldeneye without the Russian scientist hacker dude or the Moscow tank driving? I submit to you that it becomes some other, less awesome movie.

(admittedly you could still have those things but they'd make even less sense)

deathjavu:
Is it really Goldeneye without the Russian scientist hacker dude or the Moscow tank driving? I submit to you that it becomes some other, less awesome movie.

(admittedly you could still have those things but they'd make even less sense)

The Goldeneye EMP satellite could still be Russian made though, meaning that Boris "I am inveencible" Grishenko would still work there. They'd need him to be voiced by Alan Cumming though.

Having looked up the game, Goldeneye isn't in it. Given how bad the game apparently is, this can only be a good thing.

Zachary Amaranth:
Is it like Assassin's Creed? Or is James Bond just a time Lord?

Ah, the old "James Bond's a Time Lord" theory. As for Bond in the Animus, I think he'd relive the memories of ancestors who were also spies and special forces throughout history and why is that game not being made now!?

Huh, I haven't heard of this one before. Probably one of those ones with interesting idea but bad execution.

Well it was either hallucinate this while drowning or hallucinate Skyfall's opening titles, which put James in a grave like twice, includes raining blood and him falling about as much as Sora in a Kingdom Hearts opening. Screw drugs, just get someone to shoot you off a train into a river for the best acid trip ever. Assuming you survive.

When the first floating head appeared I thought Bond had been taken away by the G-Man. Which would be an interesting premise, it must be said.

canadamus_prime:

Not enough polygons.

kailus13:

canadamus_prime:

kailus13:

Thinking about it, it would surely be a lot easier to just kill Bond at that stage. Cheaper too.

Yeah, you'd think Goldfinger would take the opportunity to kill Bond, but nope he'll just kill the woman instead. Villains are stupid.

JSW:

canadamus_prime:

Not enough polygons.

And as we all know...
*mock David Cage voice*
"Polygons is emotions."

If that's James Bond being subtle, then his idea of conspicuous must be along the lines of "nuke Moscow."

The Gentleman:
If that's James Bond being subtle, then his idea of conspicuous must be along the lines of "nuke Moscow."

This technique is also known as a "reverse COD".

Sooo... how is this game supposed to work? Does Bond relieve old missions, albeit with modern twists? Is he hallucinating?

I've always subscribed to the "007 is a code name theory" myself, now I'm kinda reminded of Assassin's Creed with this one...

rednightmare:
But, how can he possibly be experiencing the past films when they clearly happen after all this. The last 3 films have been basically a origins story, so what and how and who and.... I've just gone cross-eyed.

Oh dude, don't even. I tried sorting this stuff out when I saw Skyfall and got a head ache for a week. Think about it. How can M be in Golden Eye if Skyfall happens before it? Best to just let the Bond stories do their thing.

Chester Rabbit:

rednightmare:

Oh dude, don't even. I tried sorting this stuff out when I saw Skyfall and got a head ache for a week. Think about it. How can M be in Golden Eye if Skyfall happens before it? Best to just let the Bond stories do their thing.

I forgot that the last three have been basically a reboot, so all the other movies haven't really happened (yet?). So he's basically dreaming into a parallel universe.

It all makes sense now.

I'm kind of on a Bond and Assassin's Creed kick after rewatching Skyfall and replaying AC4, so Assassin's Creed James Bond edition would be awesome :P

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here