Lanespotting

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Lanespotting

Who needs reasons when you have DOTA?

Read Full Article

Hey, I have an idea: let's see who can find the most errors in the last panel! The winner will get an e-sandwich (with or without e-cheese, depending on preference). :P

wonderful as always chaps, and yes everytime I look at the last panel I find another error!

GabeZhul:
Hey, I have an idea: let's see who can find the most errors in the last panel! The winner will get an e-sandwich (with or without e-cheese, depending on preference). :P

I'm yet to spot any. Everyone knows Erin's always had three hands, one leg and nothing to say.

Oh yeah - and she's a leftie, the freak.

edit:

putowtin:
wonderful as always chaps, and yes everytime I look at the last panel I find another error!

Argh I looked back and spotted the eye, extra finger and the fact her left hand is (maybe?) a right hand!

So Erin's no a one legged, three armed mute? I'm ok with that.

Okay, I spotted an extra arm, a missing leg, and I'm pretty sure Erin's pet wasn't a lizard. Also noticed no dialogue

Thought there was something off about her hair, but that may be just me.

Took a second look, she's missing a pupil in her right eye.

EDIT: Left eye, my bad.

GabeZhul:

1- No dialog in dialog box
2- Unrendered textures in background
3- Erin has one eye missing
4- As well as a leg
5- Erin's right hand has five fingers
6- Her left hand is drawn as a right hand
7- THREE HANDS!!!
8- Purple vest instead of blue
9- Gecko/lizard instead of the glorious fancy rat Suchong.

I'd like my sandwich on e-multigrain bread with e-muenster cheese with e-mayo and e-honey mustard.

The Real Sandman:

I have a suggestion for dialog box:

The lanes have claimed many such as you...

I've put 796 hours into the game as of typing this.

It's a ridiculously fun game to play, like a good fighting game, it gets into your head, as masses of chemical stimulant saturates your nervous system when you manage to pull off that Juggernaut Omnislash and get that godlike rampage.

Welcome to Dota, enjoy your stay.

Ahhhh DotA. Only time I've ever played the game was back when it was a custom map on WCIII. From what I've heard, it's just as in-depth and complex as it ever was back in those days, if not more so. And the community is just as full of disgruntled pricks as back in those days as well.

Hey, sports can also be art, you know.
That's why the Globetrotters exist.

Dota is indeed very, very addicting. Also, I'd love to see more DOTA2-related comic strips. So I'll be looking forward to those.

Also, to anyone here playing dota2: there's a dota2 fangroup on the Escapist. Join up!

This is precisely why I always do my comics solo. Working with a teammate is just one more person who'll blow you off when you need him most.

Very clever strip guys. And poignant to me personally as I've been in the situation before, so well done.

PS: Dota is Satan.

The Real Sandman:

Well if that's a mistake then you may as well say she has the wrong hairstyle. that is her young hairstyle.

canadamus_prime:
So Erin's no a one legged, three armed mute? I'm ok with that.

She's a One-Eyed, Three-Armed Hopping Purple Game Reviewer.

The Real Sandman:

GabeZhul:

4- As well as a leg
7- THREE HANDS!!!

I'd like my sandwich on e-multigrain bread with e-muenster cheese with e-mayo and e-honey mustard.

And her tattoo is wrong. I don't know what's on her wrist, but it sure ain't the Triforce.

Looks like Eren took a dip in radioactive sludge. All of the wrong limbs!

Trucken:

The Real Sandman:

GabeZhul:

4- As well as a leg
7- THREE HANDS!!!

And her tattoo is wrong. I don't know what's on her wrist, but it sure ain't the Triforce.

Also, that thumb on her right hand is way to short compared to the pointing finger.

Trucken:

Looks like the short length of chain from Bioshock's protagonist. But in any case, it's not the triforce. And I'm not 100% sure on this, but isn't the tattoo supposed to be on her other wrist? But she's got two right hands, so maybe in a way it's correct in its incorrectness.

Also I guess you could argue that it's an error that her mouth is closed when she's supposed to be saying something, even though the word balloon is blank. Also perhaps it could be considered an error that the edge of Grey's word balloon in panel 2 spills over into panel 3? I don't think Critical Miss usually does that sort of thing.

All I heard was "Probably more DOTA 2 comics" and I'm totally okay with that :P

BrainWalker:

Trucken:

Looks like the short length of chain from Bioshock's protagonist. But in any case, it's not the triforce. And I'm not 100% sure on this, but isn't the tattoo supposed to be on her other wrist? But she's got two right hands, so maybe in a way it's correct in its incorrectness.

Taking a look in the archives ( http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/critical-miss/10282-Conflict-of-Interest ) she does have a similar tattoo on her right wrist and the Triforce on her left.

Trucken:

BrainWalker:

Trucken:

Taking a look in the archives (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/critical-miss/10282-Conflict-of-Interest) she does have a similar tattoo on her right wrist and the Triforce on her left.

I was thinking she had both but I wasn't willing to go back far enough in the archives to find evidence. Hurrah communal effort!

So yeah, her triforce tatto is missing. Possibly because she doesn't actually have a left wrist in this comic.

GabeZhul:

What do you mean? There aren't any errors at all in the last panel. It's absolutely perfect. *goes back to playing DOTA*

...except for the pink shirt (Erin's shirt is blue),
missing leg,
three right hands,
six fingers on the leftmost hand,
tightfisted grip on the pencil (making it impossible to write legibly),
missing left pupil,
lizard on her shoulder (supposed to be a hamster),
missing ribbon and barettes in her hair,
pencil is actually a toothpick,
empty dialogue bubble,
missing paper in the notepad,
missing tatoos,
nose is too small,
eyebrows and expression not matching with posture,
overshadowed neckline relative to the head and shirt,
left-handedness (erin has always been right-handed),
misplaced bosom shadow,
poor directional focus (erin is pointing down, looking up, and facing toward the foreground),
odd perspective from the mountains (impossible to tell which is supposed to be closer, though they are clearly not on the same plane),
"bleeding" mountain intersecting with a building without additional perspective,
visible starry sky during a sunny afternoon,
out-of-focus background building indicating overlay problems or half-assed 3D,
nothing at all to do with either Bill Watterson or Robert Crumb
... and there is a shrub that looks like a fish, but I'm willing to assume that's an artistic design choice.

Was the grammatical error in the first panel ("haven't wrote") a more subtle deliberate error, or just a mistake?

WHY ARE YOU PLAYING MEEPO! D:

YOUR GOING TO LOSE YOUR TEAM THE GAME!

Not G. Ivingname:
WHY ARE YOU PLAYING MEEPO! D:

YOUR GOING TO LOSE YOUR TEAM THE GAME!

You say that but then you get up to a MMR where you face Meepos who know what the fuck they are doing. They came there by losing many games. Until they 'got' Meepo. And stomped. Stomped hard.

Nice character portrayal. He looks like he'd go running for the hills if you cast Lvl 20 Turn Undead on him.

You haven't wrote anything?

Jesus America, lrn2english?

My English gland.

wonderful game, hope you enjoy it

Blunderboy:

My English gland.

As a non-native English speaker, can you explain to me where's the mistake? I honestly can't see it.

Edit: never mind, I'm blind.

wAriot:

Blunderboy:

My English gland.

As a non-native English speaker, can you explain to me where's the mistake? I honestly can't see it.

Edit: never mind, I'm blind.

In traditional English (as spoken by the dear old Queen (gawd bless her)) written would be the word you'd use.

Trucken:

Fairly sure that's the Chain tattoo from wassisface in Bioshock.

Ok. That last panel was just brilliant. Thanks for the laughs Grey.

I don't see anything wrong with the last panel. That's obviously not a Photoshop Disaster - it just looks like that when you use fill flashes.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here