Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Dog Heroes

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Top 5 Dog Heroes

This week Lisa goes sniffing for the top five dog heroes in videogames.

Watch Video

I'm guessing Daystar approves.

As do I! Wonderful episode as well. You should do a Top 5 Kevin in silly hats special!

I imagine after watching this, Daystar is going to confess his unbridled and unconditional love to Lisa.

OT: Now I wonder if Lisa will make a cat episode and if said episode will mention the SWAT Kats.

Remember when I said Lisa's Top 5 was the bestest web series every made, ever?

COSITOTALLYSAIDTHATILOVEYOULISA!

Metalocalypse AND a cat doing a front flip?
Best episode EVARRRR ;)

Well at least Amaterasu does have a move where you can pee on enemies!

Obligatory meme:

This video reminded me I still want to play Tokyo Jungle. I mean really, I hate pomerians in real life but to play with them in that game? While dressed in tuxedos? All of the yes.

I was going to have to start some fires if Lisa didn't put Amaterasu on the list, so I'm glad she did - I wasn't looking forward to the likely arson charges if she hadn't

Amaterasu was the first thing I thought of when I saw the topic, and then I immediately realized she's a wolf and therefore would not be on the list. Wrong as usual.

1. Kevin is so cute
2. Daystar won this?
3. I NEED THAT GAME WHERE YOU CAN POO ON COMAND!

Lisa, if you haven't played The Dog Island, you absolutely need to:

It is the most adorable game ever created.

Yaay! Dog's Life. <3

I played hundreds of hours of that when I was young, and still bring it out every other weekend. Hooray for Jake! <3

Well, as long as Kevin says it's okay.

Also, if we're talking biologic taxonomy i'm pretty sure dogs count as wolves not the other way around as dogs are derived from now extinct wolf (or at least wolf like) species... as a Palaeontologist who loves dogs, I should know this...

Glad to see someone else remembers Dog's Life. That game was pretty cool.

I have to say though, the scene that happens if you mess up on the final level is nightmare fuel. X(

Where's Wincey from Barrow Hill? You don't even see him and he's the most emotional animal character in a game I've seen.

Good to see Sam on there though, didn't expect that.

Wow, Lisa got really thin! Is she OK?
Is Escapist not paying her enough to get food?

Hey! The Nintendog is awesome! ...except in Smash Bros. Brawl which is the only time in my life that I've ever wanted to kick a dog.

Would've had to bust some heads if Ammy wasn't there. Thank you, Lisa. Also cheers for the Tokyo Jungle selection. Personally I prefer to do the wolves/jackals/etc, but I've gone 95 years with the Poms until I was mugged by a group of panthers.

I remember Dog's Life, and I remember it being a bit too derpy for my tastes. It's a neat concept that I hope gets done again these days but with more polish. The game's level design, pacing, and missions left a lot to be desired (and of course reminding us about awkward late-PS1/early-PS2 graphics).

ciancon:
Well at least Amaterasu does have a move where you can pee on enemies!

Indeed. The upgrade of that move is poop, and while you can't play with it, it does explode. Exploding poop has to be worth some points. Some members of the Kusa 8 can also pee/poop on you (as well as dig holes, making me want to punt the assholes).

Could anyone tell me what the logo on the T-shirt she was wearing was? It's familiar for some reason but I've got nothing as to a source. Eye-patch wearing canines with bayonets clenched in their teeth ticks all of the boxes for me.

The last thing COD needed was a dog. If anything shows the series has jumped the shark this is certainly a top contender.

HizerKyte:
Could anyone tell me what the logo on the T-shirt she was wearing was? It's familiar for some reason but I've got nothing as to a source. Eye-patch wearing canines with bayonets clenched in their teeth ticks all of the boxes for me.

It's a modified version of the FOXHOUND logo from Metal Gear Solid, specifically it appears to be this shirt from Fangamer.net.

I've replayed the part with Kevin more than thirty times.
You can't keep this piece of happiness from the world, it is your moral obligation to share it one Youtube!
This was and ever will be the sacred purpose of the internet after all!

"I was hiding under your porch because I love you" man Up is amazing.

Koromaru is one of my favourite video game dogs. <3

Oh, and you can't forget... Mira from Silent Hill 2...

You can totally attack with bodily functions in Okami. They're used as taunts and make enemies drop demon fangs.

Sam from Sam & Max on this list? Good call!

SirCannonFodder:

HizerKyte:

It's a modified version of the FOXHOUND logo from Metal Gear Solid, specifically it appears to be this shirt from Fangamer.net.

Odd, it doesn't come out and say it IS the FOXHOUND logo. And I've been examining Lisa's shirt thoroughly all throughout the video.

If you mouse over Yatzee's batman review you will se the greatest dog hero of them all. Batdog.

Was kinda hoping to see Max from MDK2 in the list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUDcSeUvkOw
You forgot this one, you fool!

Darth_Payn:
Sam from Sam & Max on this list? Good call!

SirCannonFodder:

HizerKyte:

Odd, it doesn't come out and say it IS the FOXHOUND logo. And I've been examining Lisa's shirt thoroughly all throughout the video.

Well they aren't officially licensed to sell MGS merchandise, so they can't out-right say that it's to do with MGS.

Can I point out you can poop as Amaterasu as well? It's only the most expensive upgrade you can purchase.

Boo.. I wanted to see this but it's still not working.. What do I watch now with my morning cereal???? By the way I wonder if the dog from Fallout or Fable?

Missile from Ghost Trick only gets a mention?
WORST LIST EVER.

We have a wolf, but we don't have that dog from MDK2. Wowsie II.

dogmeat - fallout/arcanum...

seriously

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook