Escapist News Now: Dead Rising 3 Xbox One Gameplay Preview

Dead Rising 3 Xbox One Gameplay Preview

At a recent Xbox One preview event, Andrea Rene spoke with Executive Producer Josh Bridge about Dead Rising 3. They spoke about the new protagonist, combat, progression, Kinect features and more. See all our Xbox One Preview coverage here.

Watch Video

From the gameplay I've seen (this, IGN, Gametrailers) I can draw one conclusion: Christ almighty, that interface is crowded as hell.

That incessant "Hey, you! There's a Frank statue nearby! Grab it for more PP! Also there's a crafting diagram, grab that too!" pop-up every single time you're remotely near a pick-up looks like it will be grating very quickly.

And then the bottom of the screen: the achievement notification is way too green, and lasts way too long. And that's not even mentioning the other trite they put down there, packaged with the press this button for more info notification!

Sheesh guys, we're not idiots. We know how the controller works.

The greyness of everything is worrying, but it remains outlandish in it's killing at least. So the contrast may end up excusing the grey colours.
Hopefully

Would play....if you would put it on multiple platforms...

hmm, not really a fan of the excapist "previews", since their hardly previews.
In fact, this one is called an interview. Not sure, why you don't just call it that, guess preview sounds cooler.
Sorry, if this sounds harsh, but in my opinion a preview is a pre - review, you know how the name implies, and thus should be a summary or presentation of all the information that you got so far on the given subject. Definetly not an interview, which has nothing to do with a preview.

Haakmed:

Edit: Apparently M$ funded it. Disregard that.

Damn I want to give them my money so badly, but I vowed not to until they remove the fucking smartglass exclusive content. There is no reason for those missions and features to be exclusive, and I refuse to put MS spyware on my phone.

Hazy:

Haakmed:

I'm almost certain it will be multi-plat by the time next year wraps up.

Regardless of what Microsoft paid them, I doubt they can break even otherwise.

Well the thing is that Microsoft is publishing it.
Capcom Vancouver are making it, but Capcom themselves aren't publishing it.

With Capcom's money problems recently it wouldn't be too farfetched to assume that Microsoft funded this entire game.
And if that is the case, then no you won't be seeing it on competing platforms.

Sarge034:
Damn I want to give them my money so badly, but I vowed not to until they remove the fucking smartglass exclusive content. There is no reason for those missions and features to be exclusive, and I refuse to put MS spyware on my phone.

What i have seen of the game I cannot summon any fucks to buy it.
So many bad things.

jackpipsam:

Hazy:

Haakmed:

I'm almost certain it will be multi-plat by the time next year wraps up.

Regardless of what Microsoft paid them, I doubt they can break even otherwise.

Well the thing is that Microsoft is publishing it.
Capcom Vancouver are making it, but Capcom themselves aren't publishing it.

With Capcom's money problems recently it wouldn't be too farfetched to assume that Microsoft funded this entire game.
And if that is the case, then no you won't be seeing it on competing platforms.

Ah, that's actually a good point. Which is a shame, because it looks like it would be... relatively... fun to play, but I'll be damned if I'm buying an Xbone to do so.

I can't wait for it, it looks like so much fun!

Maybe the over the top gameplay will forgive the inconsistent tone. And as a fan of Dead Rising's story (I know... I know) it'll be good to finally see it continued after Case West ended on a cliffhanger.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here