Escapist News Now: LocoCycle Xbox One Gameplay Preview

LocoCycle Xbox One Gameplay Preview

At a recent Xbox One Preview Event, Andrea Rene spoke to Twisted Pixel about its upcoming genre-blending game LocoCycle. See all our Xbox One Preview coverage here.

Watch Video

"I've never seen a game that has live-action cutscenes."

Really? All the Command & Conquer franchise games used to have them along with many others of that era.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cutscene#Live-action_cutscenes

To be honest, no offense Andrea... but that comment on the live action scenes... makes you look BAD, there have been MANY games that used live action. Starting with many classic adventure games, or the famous Resident Evil 1, or the C & C cheesy scenes that Logan points out, live action has been used extensively in games.

This is not the first time I've heard some impressively out of touch comments from you, and I believe that you may need to brush up on your general knowledge of games, considering you are a reporter for a rather well known Videogame Website. Again, no offense, but it would probably give you more credibility as well.

As for the game, It looks a bit lackluster.. Not that I expected a lot of pyrotechnics, since as they say, Twisted pixel isn't a big company, but I hoped for some more personality from the art direction... The cutscenes look.. just.. odd... I suppose they could be funny.

*edit sorry if that came through stronger than I intended it to, I didn't mean to be mean.

Logan Hartke:
"I've never seen a game that has live-action cutscenes."

Really? All the Command & Conquer franchise games used to have them along with many others of that era.

Delcast:
To be honest, no offense Andrea... but that comment on the live action scenes... makes you look BAD, there have been MANY games that used live action. Starting with many classic adventure games, or the famous Resident Evil 1, or the C & C cheesy scenes that Logan points out, live action has been used extensively in games.

I have a strong feeling Andrea was trying to make a joke, guys.

Delcast:
This is not the first time I've heard some impressively out of touch comments from you, and I believe that you may need to brush up on your general knowledge of games, considering you are a reporter for a rather well known Videogame Website. Again, no offense, but it would probably give you more credibility as well.

Now I wouldn't go that far, and I don't think this is fair. Have you listened to Andrea in the Escapist Expo panels or on the podcast? She doesn't need to prove her credibility as a games journalist. This smells too much like the total nonsense that is "nerd checking". I think she's more than qualified.

That having been said, I do think this comment was silly, which is why I pointed it out. I still remember seeing Mark Hamill in Wing Commander all those years ago, to say nothing of those more obscure games like Silent Steel. Maybe Andrea was mainly playing on console 15 years ago? Live action cutscenes were pretty standard on PC games back then.

I have a complete confirmation that Andrea deployed the ancient arts of "Sarcasm."

Hey, this isn't the first and certainly won't be the last that someone calls me "out of touch." Think what you will, but if that offhand comment was the one thing you took away from watching this piece, you missed the point.

andrearene:
Hey, this isn't the first and certainly won't be the last that someone calls me "out of touch." Think what you will, but if that offhand comment was the one thing you took away from watching this piece, you missed the point.

Sorry, I honestly tried to make a constructive criticism. I wasn't trying to attack you.. I mentioned several times.
If it was sarcasm, my bad, I didn't get it... sometimes I fail at that. I don't doubt that you are very dedicated to games journalism at all... just was something that I thought could help.

Also for the record.. I meant the comment was out of touch, not you.. it is a different thing. Overall the conversation was quite good.

Sorry if it was out of line.

Ok, putting the cutscenes and acting to one side, the actual gameplay does not look impressive at all.

They talk about using the power of the Xbox One, but if you'd told me the game was running on 360, it still wouldn't impress, compared with everything else on XBLA.

EDIT: I just watched the live-action trailer, and it looks quite amusing. Lisa Foiles is great of course. But would it sell the game to me if the gameplay didnt? Probably not.

Alfador_VII:

They talk about using the power of the Xbox One, but if you'd told me the game was running on 360, it still wouldn't impress, compared with everything else on XBLA.

Well the game is coming to both 360 and Xbox One.
It's a cross-platform purchase via XBLA.

So this isn't really the pinnacle of next-gen, it's an arcade game which is happening to be on Xbox One as well as 360.
No doubt made for 360 first and then later thought they might as well put it on Xbox One.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here