COD: Ghosts of The Past

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

COD: Ghosts of The Past

Dare you defy the military might of Paraguay?

Read Full Article

I'll admit.
I'd pay good money for that game.

"In 2014, the British are coming... back."

Somebody's been watching South Park ^_^

Awesome. Glad to know the memory of this little nation's sabre-rattling is still capable of putting the willies up the former colonies.

It's only a matter of time before CoD does do time travel, so desperate for an enemy that still somehow makes America look like both the underdog and morally in the right. Because it's been pretty ridiculous for a while now.

You will feel the true power of passive-aggressive sarcasm!

...Unless you ask us to leave politely. Then we have no choice but to return to the UK, and drink tea and eat scones.

In 2015, America faces its greatest threat... Itself.
The elite "Silent Squadron" is sent back in time to stop Alexander Hamilton from destroying the Constitutional Convention. They are deep behind enemy lines, and the only way out is to win.

Mcoffey:
It's only a matter of time before CoD does do time travel, so desperate for an enemy that still somehow makes America look like both the underdog and morally in the right. Because it's been pretty ridiculous for a while now.

Well... BO1 Zombies had time travel. But the main-game? Didn't have any PROPER one yet (you could use the 2025-guns in 1980s mission in BO2 after you finished them and the 1980s guns at any time in 2025. But that doesn't really count, does it?)

CoD: Colonial Marines? Nooooooooo.

We will not stop until you pay us back for all that quality tea you threw carelessly away.

CoD - Redcoats.
Tax season's a Bitch.

CoD - Tea Party.
Death...and two sugars.

CoD - Top Hat Edition.
Hail to the Queen.

Yeah I would play the shit out of that.

Blunderboy:
CoD - Redcoats.
Tax season's a Bitch.

CoD - Tea Party.
Death...and two sugars.

CoD - Top Hat Edition.
Hail to the Queen.

Yeah I would play the shit out of that.

CoD - A Game of Moans.

Heh, I admit, has nothing to do with Britts. But from monarchy my mind just kind of wandered.

Where's the joke? I'm looking, but I can't find it. I can't find any witty joke or punchline.

Blue Hero:
Where's the joke? I'm looking, but I can't find it. I can't find any witty joke or punchline.

It's playing on the trend over the last few COD games for the scenarios to get increasingly unlikely: from a civil war in the Middle East and Russia, to Russia actually invading the mainland U.S, and then to South American countries invading the mainland U.S. The joke is that the comic is taking the ridiculousness even further, by making the next game scenario an attack by the 18th century British.

The joke would have been better if it was Canadians invading

JoJo:

Blue Hero:

It's playing on the trend over the last few COD games for the scenarios to get increasingly unlikely: from a civil war in the Middle East and Russia, to Russia actually invading the mainland U.S, and then to South American countries invading the mainland U.S. The joke is that the comic is taking the ridiculousness even further, by making the next game scenario an attack by the 18th century British.

But like, where's the actual joke? Where's the funny? I can't find it.

TheSYLOH:
I'll admit.

Beat me to it! Honestly at this point the games have so much escapism that this would sell in droves. Plus America could try and piss off another country that doesn't already have military assets pointed at us.

So the Assassins were behind the whole thing?

IT ALL MAKES SENSE!

TheSYLOH:
I'll admit.

You'd be disappointed - I guarantee that COD devs would still be straight-faced about it and try to pass it off as a serious story.

RTR:
"In 2014, the British are coming... back."

You could write for movie posters. Laughed way too hard at this.

What, not Canada?

Mahoshonen:

Dammit.

Wait, the UNITED STATES, was reduced to ruin by an invasion by South America. Wow, that makes Russia's invasion of the US and ALL of Europe in MW3 seem realistic.

Well, at least the game isn't about non-specified middle eastern insurgents or russians this time, they get points for that at least.

You do realise that the reason SA is the enemy in Ghosts is that certain parts of the US government and military actually do fear this would happen if The Union of South American Nations ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_of_South_American_Nations ) did actually achieve it's goal of unifying SA into one nation?

The USA always looking for the next enemy.

Kumagawa Misogi:
You do realise that the reason SA is the enemy in Ghosts is that certain parts of the US government and military actually do fear this would happen if The Union of South American Nations ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_of_South_American_Nations ) did actually achieve it's goal of unifying SA into one nation?

Followed your link and this Union sounds like the South American NAFTA/EU, not NATO. The US military has white papers on lots of ridiculous scenarios -- both to cover their behinds and justify costs. The idea of South America invading the US is one of those ridiculous scenarios and its use in COD smacks of calculated anti-immigrant bias to placate the prejudices of a certain type of audience.

Blue Hero:

JoJo:

Blue Hero:

But like, where's the actual joke? Where's the funny? I can't find it.

But I just explained... oh, I see, it was a rhetorical question. Don't mind me then... *walks off mumbling*

Mahoshonen:

That's no joke. Canada burned the White House down twice.

Yeah, we'll let the British invade the US, but while the Americans are busy battling the British, the Dutch will sneak in and reclaim New Amsterdam!

Kumagawa Misogi:

You do realize that if they were to take us over, it would no longer be the union of South American nations? They would have to change their name. What's even the point if you have to change your name whenever you take over a new continent? Logistics, people.

COD: Army of Ghosts? ...hell, I've never owned a COD game and I'd buy that.

Plot twist: the Redcoats are alien robots from the future!

COD: Ghosts of the Past - The Revolutionary War 2 - Electric Boogaloo

I'm still surprised that none of these scenarios have featured The Council of Europe yet.

I mean who calls their organisation that without intending world domination?

Mahoshonen:

No, that's the tier after 18th century britian invading :)

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here