Unskippable: Time & Eternity, Part 1

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Time & Eternity, Part 1

Aren't weddings such magical affairs?

Watch Video

I find it hilarious that one of the characters switches animation (without using a transition animation) five times in about two seconds.

Funny, as usual. I was surprised that you actually skipped past some of the cutscene, but I suppose ten minutes of just talking is sort of ridiculous.

wow... that looked... so very very bad. xD

I can only imagine how much better that game could be if everyone, the player included, actually WAS tripping balls.

Into how many parts can you split Eternity?

How dare you fast forward? How can we feel the length and boredom of eternity if you rush to the end?!?

Wow 12 minutes of obnoxious anime characters just sitting there talking. I feel sorry for you guys.

Who the heck is this game even for? Its got characters straight out of a seedy dating game, but they just sit around talking about kissing and how great the wedding is going to be. So confused :(

NinjaDeathSlap:
wow... that looked... so very very bad. xD

I can only imagine how much better that game could be if everyone, the player included, actually WAS tripping balls.

I always assume all anime games end with a hospital scene where it's revealed that the main character was just living out an elaborate coma dream. Much more entertaining.

OT: Two questions.
1) What happened to sleeves? Most of the people are just wearing sleeves with no attached shirt, and the only one with a connection between sleeve and shoulder has a shirt that ends at the shoulder blades.
2) Why does the main character dislocate her arms when sitting so that her breasts are as prominent as possible? Does she not think she gets enough attention through repeated flashing?

At the point where Toki starts flipping her legs around and the quote was, "Hey Toki you're flashing everyone at the table." I lost it and spit my coffee out on my keyboard laughing. Thanks for the LoLz.

Well, I guess compared to other JRPGs you have done with similar story telling techniques, I guess this is better. At least they were able to stick to one form of narration technique and I guess where they did transfer to some different ones, they did it mostly seamless. That being said, the individual animations they went with still needed some work; the main girl's animations for an example.

Also, suddenly dragon. Because this is a fantasy game so one has to be in it at some point, I suppose!

What blue dragon? Are you feeling alright Paul?

I think the reason that no one questions anything is just that everyone is insane.

This is actually a PS3 game? Did the dewvelopers not know what quality control is or something?

*LE GASP* This is Unskippable, and yet you...skipped the dialogue!!! MY LIFE IS A LIE!!! *jumps out nearest window...which turns out to be perfectly safe since I'm on the ground floor* Oh...

Thunderous Cacophony:
[
OT: Two questions.
1) What happened to sleeves? Most of the people are just wearing sleeves with no attached shirt, and the only one with a connection between sleeve and shoulder has a shirt that ends at the shoulder blades.

Friction and the power of rubber bands is the most loogical explanation I can come up with

I remember playing this at E3, and thinking, "Wow, this is a pretty cool concept". And then I bought it and watched her fidget like she needed to go to the bathroom.

That was literally painful to watch. Great video though!

I don't think I was ready for such a does of cheesy anime this morning.
But you both pulled through, so carry on my valiant stoic men, carry on.

That cutscene was probably simultaneously one of the saddest and most hilarious things I've seen. Which is saying something, considering some of the previous Unskippable episodes.

Within the first two lines I was already facepalming.

Remarkable. I don't blame you two for skipping ahead. XD

Wow that was hilariously bad. I can't tell if the they meant for the innuendos or writing was just that awful.

I can't blame you guys for skipping forward. 12 minutes of that and I would probably would have drank myself to death.

franksands:
How dare you fast forward? How can we feel the length and boredom of eternity if you rush to the end?!?

Things said when they finally get to the wedding night :P

I completely lost my shit at many points of this episode and I don't think anything will ever top asking an anime tsundere
"Who pissed in your cheerios" fucking, brilliant.

I might have to rewatch that Jrpg let's play they did a while back just for more kicks.

Who writes these. (The games, not the unskippables) That was awful.

I was going to say, that for once Zack would be a male that was wearing a more itemising outfit than the women.... then balloon lady appeared.... and ruined equality.

Oh Lord what even was that?

It's like they looped footage from a random anime and slapped on a dub of somebody's fanfic

WHY IS THIS A THING THAT EXISTS

So, I know a challenge that these guy will be getting during Desert Bus for Hope // Narrate this whole cutscene without skipping forwards!

-M

This made Hyperdismetion Neptunia look like game of the year, At least that game didnt have characters jerking around animations

So...

Does this have actually some murder-mystery?

If one of these characters dies and you have to do detective work, it might save this game.

I liked the idea behind this game, i.e. it doesn't always have to be about saving the world.

But the game itself is just terrible.

The art of dubbing really isn't an art at all to some people, is it?
"Blah blah-blah-blah blah-blah"

In a way, it's totally understandable that the only game to break your "We're skipping all this content in the cut scene" guideline is a Japanese RPG. The way they tell stories is just so un-Western.

Thank you for once again proving that anime style JRPG's make for the best episodes!
Hilarious!

When they said that the balloons were holding up her dress I first thought they were talking about her breasts, I then noticed the actual balloons. This made the 'structural' comment WAY funnier.

As soon as I saw the anime thumbnail, I knew I was in for a treat ;D You guys did not disappoint!

How did you maintain sanity through 12 minutes of that? This whole game... I mean, how... why...... what!?

I honestly don't know why you bother doing anything other than these otaku-centric games. They are nothing but comedy goldmines.

I have a pretty high tolerance for anime's tropiness, being a fan and all, but I have no idea what this game is supposed to be. Oh well, at least we got a pretty hilarious episode out of it.

EDIT*
I did some reading up on Time and Eternity to find out what the point of the game was and was shocked to discover that this game came out THIS YEAR! As in 2013 (2012 in Japan). I thought this was made in the early 00s. How are the animation and dubbing THIS BAD when it's so recent?!? WHAT HAPPENED?!

"love-sick love-birds"

As a home-sick home-resident myself I feel like I can truly relate to the main characters.

Shinsei-J:
I completely lost my shit at many points of this episode and I don't think anything will ever top asking an anime tsundere
"Who pissed in your cheerios" fucking, brilliant.

Exactly. I totally lost it at that line! I thought the surprise came from how that rich bitch didn't have eyes that matched her hair color.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here