Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Unlikely Knights

Top 5 Unlikely Knights

Lisa gives us a glimpse at five unlikely heroes that become heroic.

Watch Video

No love for Sir Daniel Forteque? He started out his path to knighthood by dying that would be a huge handicap for most people. Love Medievil shame it doesn't seem to have survived ps1 aside from remakes.

Knights of Cydonia in the beginning makes me a very happy person for some rason. Good list, can't say I've ever played any of them though

Finally my favorite knight Frog a.k.a. Glenn gets some respect. Before I liked your show but now, I love you Lisa. Thank you for acknowledging the cursed knight as being the best unlikely hero. Also, let's not forget how he even went back later to put his bff Cyrus' spirit to rest and either took out Magus in a 1-1 duel or was amphibian enough to put his sword away and cast aside his vendetta against his nemesis and actually fight along side him later. How epic of a character development is that?! Plus you gotta love his theme song.

Agreed on Castle Crashers and Dirk the Daring, those were spot on. And I noticed KOTOR behind you!

Loki_The_Good:
No love for Sir Daniel Forteque? He started out his path to knighthood by dying that would be a huge handicap for most people. Love Medievil shame it doesn't seem to have survived ps1 aside from remakes.

So THAT'S what's missing! The first one was awesome, except for those zombies in the Asylum. Those guys were unfairly cranked up! Same for the pumpkin monsters in the second game's Botanical Garden level.

Always nice to see Chrono Trigger thrown in there. My first RPG!!!

Loki_The_Good:

Damn, I was literally about the say the same thing. That was a fun game. I'm kind of surprised that they never decided to develop any more games with the IP after the PS1. I imagine that 2 didn't do very well, but it even after the PSP remake nothing.

Sadly, this is one of those Top 5 where I've never heard of any of these games. Except Chrono whatever. I think I've heard of that...though I might be thinking of something else...hmm...

Still, a well produced and filmed list Lisa!

Frog is an essential part of my team every time I replay Chrono Trigger, even if I am determined to use a different set-up, I always go back to him. He's just so kick-ass and his theme, oh man his theme...

Well I would have loved to have watched this video, but every time I get a minute or so, the sounds from the obnoxious videos in the background would play over it.
I know you guys rely on ad revenue, but really, surely the content should come first?

inb4 warning.

Blunderboy:
Well I would have loved to have watched this video, but every time I get a minute or so, the sounds from the obnoxious videos in the background would play over it.
I know you guys rely on ad revenue, but really, surely the content should come first?

inb4 warning.

Its especially frustrating when the blasted overlay is enforced so you can't actually mute or pause them without having to start the video all over again.

On topic, fun list. loved frog at No 1.

Good and fun, frogs are not toads though.

God... Never owning a nintendo system besides the handhelds, I was happy as hell when they released Chrono Trigger through one of the "collection" pieces good old awesome Square made for the PS1. Seriously... Final Fantasy 4 PLUS Chrono Trigger? How is that not a critical win!

And that theme... Dear lord does it give me shivers, that whole scene was just too awesome as a kid. I think I took a chance to watch it, as well as Ayla's introductory scene, god knows how many times... The animated cut scenes were the best thing added I'd say...

Ok it is not out yet, but once it is, I think this one win for unlikely knight. =p

Here the Greenlight for it btw http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92998873

Life lessons from Nintendo?

While Chrono trigger was released originally for the SNES, It was a Square property and has received several other versions on later systems. Nintendo has plenty of great first party titles with good life lessons, but give the great third parties their due.

Hooray for Frog!

Also, nice to see the Castle Crashers get some love too.

Frog is definitely one of my all-time favourite characters, and his theme is always awesome. But, I do have to agree with the above point that Sir Daniel Fortesque probably should have had a spot on this list as well.

Lisa seems to love Frog's theme as much as I do: A LOT!
seriouslu, best music in the game.

Really? Everyone remembers him as 'Frog'? Yes, he wanted everyone to call him that, because of the weird issues of his past. But ALL OF YOU should know his name. And those of you who don't, or don't remember, or don't care to remember, I'll tell you. -GLEN-. And you could still name him that, if you wanted, in the game!

Chrono Trigger has several of the best songs ever, all with the limitations of SNES. I love Frog, but I always named him Frogg or Frogh to sound more arcane.

Dragons Lair.. oh how I wasted quarters in you.. Yes, I am old and played it in the arcade!

I was convinced we'd get Sir Daniel Fortesque at some point.
Yay for Oswald in the intro sequence though.

Dammit I thought my phone was ringing until I paused the video, time for a new ringtone... maybe a the opening theme to Zelda II?

Loki_The_Good:

I remember playing Medievil before I had a memory card, took me a week to beat the game because I would die or my PSX would overheat... great game, a little too easy if you can save.

gim73:
Life lessons from Nintendo?

While Chrono trigger was released originally for the SNES, It was a Square property and has received several other versions on later systems. Nintendo has plenty of great first party titles with good life lessons, but give the great third parties their due.

Square made such great games before the Enix merger... Those great anime cutscenes were added to the Playstation release with one of the FFs, I still have my discs somewhere... it was nearly unbearable to play because the menu took 20 seconds to load.

Daniel Fortesque deserves the second spot on that list. Go away, Dirk! No one likes you!

The Knight is probably my favorite Cave character, his special ability (invulnerable) is the best, and it makes sense, not like the Hillbilly, who's power is to hold his breath.

AldUK:
Frog is an essential part of my team every time I replay Chrono Trigger, even if I am determined to use a different set-up, I always go back to him. He's just so kick-ass and his theme, oh man his theme...

that was... fricken ....SICKCKKKK!!! :0

I think there's one slight problem with tuning your moral compass to Nintendo games: Kirby eats people... That's certainly food for thought (pun very much intended).

Off Topic: Shirt! I have the Black Knight shirt, and it is awesome, one of my favourites. You, madame, have impeccable taste.

Also, wonderfully fits the theme.

Sorry, totally stuck on the shirt.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or