Escapist News Now: inFAMOUS: Second Son Interview

inFAMOUS: Second Son Interview

Greg Tito talks to Chris Zimmerman of Sucker Punch about inFAMOUS: Second Son on the Playstation 4.

Want to find out more about the PS4? Check out our full PlayStation 4 Launch coverage!

Watch Video

As sson as I saw the banner change on inFamous's Facebook page to Second Son's one, I was just like; 'whelp, looks like I'm going to get a PS4'.

So, I'm totally on board for this new one. I had a blast with part one, and then even more fun than that with part two, despite them being so easy. The new character concept sounds like he's going to be a breath of fresh air.

When I saw the first teaser for Second Son, I wondered if maybe this kid was Nix's son... because of the "fire' power.

"The only down side is... Nope. Can't think of anything."

I don't know why, but I love that line. Makes me really excited to play this new game. While I'm sure there will be some heavy choices for Delsin, the fact that he blatantly enjoys his powers so much wets my appetite to try them out. I loved Cole's Lightning powers and the Smoke powers look way more awesome than I expected them to.

Well, Mr. Zimmerman, I hope you're proud of yourself. Your game is easily the main reason I am getting a PS4 this Friday. Oh, Destiny and The Order look nice, but Infamous is one of my favorite IPs from this last generation. Getting my hands on a new one is not something I can not do.

This is the game that will probably make me get a PS4. Loved the first two, can't wait for this.

Well, I'm sold, can't wait for this game to come out. Especially since Delsin's smoke/fire powers look pretty awesome...

Never actually played any of the infamous games. This looks pretty sweet though. Might have to get this one.

The original inFAMOUS was actually what drove me to get a PS3 (after that, I discovered things like MLB The Show and Uncharted which I also liked and would have gotten a PS3 for earlier if I knew how good they were). I'm happy to say that Second Son will be what drives me to get a PS4.

Caiphus:
Never actually played any of the infamous games. This looks pretty sweet though. Might have to get this one.

The first 2 are relatively easy to find and quite cheap at this point, so I'd recommend checking them out. I got into the series when the PSN went down due to hackers for like a month and Sony decided to give away inFamous as an apology. I downloaded it and went, "Why did I not check this out sooner?!?" and then picked up the second game sometime later. Watch Yahtzee's reviews of the games, he's actually rather kind to them, which almost never happens. The moral choice system in the game is basically the only weak point for me, mostly because it's painfully "RAWR! EVIL!" or "I'm a saint".

Nice. I was already planning on picking up a PS4 eventually, this'll just sweeten the pot a bit.

I loved the first 2 (even if the moral choice system seemed a little tacked on) so I'm all for playing around in a new super powered sandbox.

Every time I see the title with that capitalization I think it's two separate words, then I think of this scene

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here