Reviews: PlayStation 4 Overview

PlayStation 4 Hardware Overview

The PS4 is a shiny piece of machinery.

Read Full Article

Good to hear the first impressions are promising. Not so keen on those updates though but I pray they'll be better than the PS3's awful firmware updates.

I'm really jealous that you guys got to play Second Son...

That's it? No "red rings" or "red bars"? So the only problem is the "update for this game and the console itself" problem from last gen. I shouldn't have been so reluctant to pre-order a PS4.

Anyone know about the availability of this console? I'd like to get a bundle on Black Friday or Cyber Monday, but I don't know if the overall inventories are 1 or 2 million or up to 5 million as projected.

Hehe, that sounded like an actual advertisement of super-clean future technology. Animus like

I am unable to find a term which describes a hexahedron composed of two parallelograms and four rectangles. Anyone?

moosemaimer:
I am unable to find a term which describes a hexahedron composed of two parallelograms and four rectangles. Anyone?

The term is parallelepiped.

I wasn't planning on getting a PS4, at least not immediately, but this did make me more interested than I was.

I want to know if this is true:

I don't mind day 1 patches and updates, that means that rather than popping champagne corks and putting the project behind them, the teams are still doing QA.

It would be far more enfuriating to have day 1 bugs and glitches than a patch that takes care of them.

Greg Tito:
snip

Drummodino:
snip

Might be worth noting in the article that you can download the update ahead of the launch rush from Sony's support site.

I made a thread in the gaming forum about it, but it should probably be put out there in some official manner for the launch coverage.

Thanks for the info Greg. I've gotten use to updates over the years. Had to get one before I could play my first PS3 game too. ;p

But it sounds like the slight annoyance will be worth it.

Also, you okay Greg? You sound a bit horse. Sick, or just having to talk/yell a lot lately?
Hope ya feel better soon! =w= b

Looking good, I guesss.
Now that Sony's charging for PSN on the PS4, does anybody know if PSN will remain free on the PS3?

Johnny Novgorod:
Looking good, I guess.
Now that Sony's charging for PSN on the PS4, does anybody know if PSN will remain free on the PS3?

Sony stated that PSN will remain free on the PS3 and that MMO games like Planetside 2 and TES:O will not require a PS+ subscription on the PS4.

OT: Sounds like Sony made some impressive hardware. And with the fact that the internal design is more akin to a PC than its predecessors, 3rd party devs shouldn't have much of a problem developing for the system.

I feel even prouder to be going with Sony this generation. The PS4 really sounds like the successor the PS3 deserves.

Time will tell though. I'm waiting until the end of 2014 to buy into the next generation. I've still got plenty of games in the previous 3 generations to catch up with first!

Th37thTrump3t:

Johnny Novgorod:
Looking good, I guess.

Sony stated that PSN will remain free on the PS3 and that MMO games like Planetside 2 and TES:O will not require a PS+ subscription on the PS4.

Even better news, thanks a mill.

Imp Emissary:
Thanks for the info Greg. I've gotten use to updates over the years. Had to get one before I could play my first PS3 game too. ;p

But it sounds like the slight annoyance will be worth it.

Also, you okay Greg? You sound a bit horse. Sick, or just having to talk/yell a lot lately?
Hope ya feel better soon! =w= b

Haha, that voiceover was recorded in a hotel room in NYC after midnight and yeah, I'd been interviewing and talking with people all day. You heard my exhaustion!

Greg

I would be worried about over heating from what I know of the hardware. there doesn't seem to be a lot of space for ventilation or heat sinks. graphics cards can get around boiling water temperatures but processors can't take that kind of heat

Xman490:
That's it? No "red rings" or "red bars"? So the only problem is the "update for this game and the console itself" problem from last gen. I shouldn't have been so reluctant to pre-order a PS4.

Anyone know about the availability of this console? I'd like to get a bundle on Black Friday or Cyber Monday, but I don't know if the overall inventories are 1 or 2 million or up to 5 million as projected.

Oh yes there is, the guys that got a taco bell PS4 say their consoles broke the moment they got em. The red line of death.

I suggest waiting, reddit is already in flames and its spreading everywhere.

It's going to be a long, long wait for the UK release in 2 weeks...

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it though, Killzone looks superb!

Xman490:

To that, I'd like to wish you good luck gettign a brand new console on a infamously popular discount day but you never know! Also, if you're reluctant, you miiiiiight want to wait a bit longer first. Usually the problems don't start appearing for the first couple of weeks

Drummodino:
Good to hear the first impressions are promising. Not so keen on those updates though but I pray they'll be better than the PS3's awful firmware updates.

Sounds like this generation is gonna be just like the last one: Offering zero reason to not just build or buy a gaming PC.

SonofSpermcube:

Drummodino:

Sounds like this generation is gonna be just like the last one: Offering zero reason to not just build or buy a gaming PC.

I don't understand why you quoted me? Your comment seems completely unrelated to mine.

Drummodino:

SonofSpermcube:

Drummodino:

I don't understand why you quoted me? Your comment seems completely unrelated to mine.

You described what was traditionally a problem associated with PC gaming, which only began to happen on consoles (machines which have no excuses) in the previous generation.

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 54301)