Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: Sometimes I Join Empty Servers

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Sometimes I Join Empty Servers

Put on your poetry hats and join two of the greatest wordsmiths of our generation as they fill your ears with verse.

Watch Video

Nice one Yahtzee. Enjoy your Killzone Jim.

So no poem from Jim this week. Wonder why you even bothered to film yourself playing Killzone.

I'm startin' to think you're not taking these poems seriously, Jim.

One poet espousing the virtues of competing against no-one, and one poet deciding not to compete. Was this planned I wonder?

I kind of want to join an empty server now. It sounds nice.

canadamus_prime:
So no poem from Jim this week. Wonder why you even bothered to film yourself playing Killzone.

Probably because if he didn't film himself everyone would fill the thread with questions of "Where's Jim?"

That was a brilliant poem, Jim.

I'm tempted to join an empty server now, but I know that doing so would be a mistake.

canadamus_prime:

He drove all the way from Mississipi to Escapist HQ for that Killzone. They probably reminded him "Hey, you haven't done your Rhymedown poem" and he just threw that down.

Chessrook44:

canadamus_prime:

Probably because if he didn't film himself everyone would fill the thread with questions of "Where's Jim?"

Fair enough I suppose. Still seemed unnecessary. Could've just put up some text saying "Jim couldn't make it this week, was too busy playing Killzone."

You know what: Jimmy can do whatever he want as long he don't find out that Tharja from Fire Emblem: Awakening may be bisexual.

canadamus_prime:

Not sure if... aw what the hell- (whispers) I think he was trying to be cheeky... He has a tendency to do that... You know like a joke...

BrownGaijin:

canadamus_prime:

Not sure if... aw what the hell- (whispers) I think he was trying to be cheeky... He has a tendency to do that... You know like a joke...

Not sure if what? Joking? No I wasn't joking. And if he was trying to be cheeky, the cheekiness was lost on me.

Yahtzee, the accidental tourist. I often go into Rapture just to wander around. Sometimes I find things I've never seen before.
Jim, if you had managed nine more syllables, you would have had a haiku.

canadamus_prime:

Because he likes giving people the middle finger? It's exactly what I expected.

canadamus_prime:

Chessrook44:

canadamus_prime:

Fair enough I suppose. Still seemed unnecessary. Could've just put up some text saying "Jim couldn't make it this week, was too busy playing Killzone."

That's not as funny.

That was pure art Jim. I am weeping tear full saturated with emotion. Your poetry speaks to me on levels I never even knew I had.

Guess we won't hear from Jim for awhile. He's off killing the Helghast on PS4.

Chessrook44:

canadamus_prime:

Chessrook44:

That's not as funny.

Well I didn't find what he did funny. I suppose I should've expected it though.

Wow. Jim wins.
These get better and better, the both of you. Thanks.

canadamus_prime:

Chessrook44:

canadamus_prime:

That's not as funny.

He did it before with the Jimquisition for Deus Ex: Human Revolution, if that makes any difference.

I was looking at the timer and thought: 3.19, damn they're short this week.
But then, well Yahtzee went on for over 2 minutes and I was thinking: Maybe Jim is sick this week?
Well I got an answer, best of luck playing Killzone Jim!

Teoes:

canadamus_prime:

Chessrook44:

That's not as funny.

He did it before with the Jimquisition for Deus Ex: Human Revolution, if that makes any difference.

What episode was that?

OT: Now I know why Yahtzee dislikes multiplayer parts of games today; he prefers the freedom of solitude. I can make both these parts tell the same story: Yahtzee found an empty KillZone server, went exploring, amused himself, found the flag, and then Jim joined in and tried to kill him. Yahtzee then wisely quit before Jim could finish the deed, then he quit too. Now he merrily plays the single player campaign, telling anyone who rudely interrupts him to "fuck off".

And Escapist, would you kindly knock it off with the ads for the Catching Fire soundtrack? It won't deter MovieBob from eviscerating the next movie.

I can actually see the allure to wandering through an empty game server. It must feel like wandering around an empty sports stadium.

And damn Jim, way to piss on your fans. I mean we come here eager to see your weekly dose of rhyming insanity only to be told to .... hang on ... that looks pretty fun. Is there a co-op mode? Well shove over then and hand me a controller. Now what was I saying again?

Darth_Payn:

Teoes:

What episode was that?

Funnily enough it was the Deus Ex: Human Revolution episode. One of the very early ones.

As soon as he turned his cheeky little head, I knew Jim would tell me to fuck off.

Ahh, the feeling of having a game world all to one's self, to wander it's walls and walkways completely alone, the only traces of life being those you alone put into it, perhaps with random, senseless violence against very much inanimate objects. I like to end such adventures by ascending to the highest or central-most point I can manage, imagine extending my arms widely, and saying "It's all mine" somewhere between a somber whisper and deafening shout. Changes every time.

Why is it that I knew exactly what was going to happen the moment I saw the length of the video?

NinjaDeathSlap:
That was pure art Jim. I am weeping tear full saturated with emotion. Your poetry speaks to me on levels I never even knew I had.

That's a lie right there. There weren't enough polygons in Jim's face to be qualified as emotional.

Man I wish I could just decide to not do my work and play computer games instead...I mean I wish people wouldn't keep yelling at me for it. Yahtzee's poem was good though, not sure if he had some metaphor in there this week but it was well constructed I thought.

canadamus_prime:

Oh... I just thought that was the shortest free form poem I've ever heard... (coming from someone playing Killzone...)

OT: I wonder if it was Yahtzee who joined that empty Killzone server before he was fragged by Jim... (That's the headcanon I'm sticking to this week...)

That was brilliant Jim. Simply brilliant. On a little aside, poetry, especially bad poetry, has tremendous applications in the field of torture (E-kudos if you get the reference)

Teoes:

canadamus_prime:

Chessrook44:

That's not as funny.

I liked Yahtzee's poem and I laughed out loud at Jim. I'm surprised I seem to be in a minority here. This is so something Jim would do.

Anyone else having problems with the PubClub RSS feed for this video? The HQ version isn't loading and the HQ version on site just appears to be the normal quality one over again.

I NEED TO COUNT THE HAIRS IN YAHTZEE'S BEARD DAMNIT!

LOL! oooooh that was good Jim.

Jim wins! Jimality!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook