8 Ways to Mod Your New PlayStation 4

With the triumphant release of the PlayStation 4 we give you a gallery of some of the most inventive case mods for the PlayStation.

Read Full Article

Wow. The Rainbow Six one was pretty cool. Though possibly a little distracting to the eye if you're actually trying to play the game.

Okay my favorite ones had to be the Victorian PS3 cover and second has to go to the PS3 Laptop, which I always love it when people turn the consoles into laptops/handhelds. ^.^

Those are some very cool modifications. I wonder how long it'll be before Sony hits them with a cease and desist due to some corporate fuckwit not understanding what they mean by "modding".

DrStrangelove:

With the triumphant release of the PlayStation 4 we give you a gallery of some of the most inventive case mods for the PlayStation.

Read Full Article

More like seven - number three is a PS1 mod.

What? Most of these aren't PS4 mods but PS3 and 1 mods. Strangelove lied to us.

Psychobabble:
Those are some very cool modifications. I wonder how long it'll be before Sony hits them with a cease and desist due to some corporate fuckwit not understanding what they mean by "modding".

You'll be pretty disappointed by this, but the answer is "Never". Case modding isn't something that has recently been going around, it's existed for a good long while. Besides, if you aren't aware of this, the PS3, and PS4 as well, can have the standard hard drive removed and replaced with a bigger one.

My friend did that when it first came out, he put in a 500gb laptop drive in there, with no real hassle to do so. People have been putting 1TB drives in their PS4s as well, and its all widely known people can, will, and have done this.

Reed Spacer:

DrStrangelove:

Read Full Article

More like seven - number three is a PS1 mod.

And the rest were PS3 mods. NONE of them were actually PS4 mods.

I'll let him off with the lack of PS4 mods as it's more about inspiration for how you could mod one.

Also the PS4's only been out about 5 minutes, and only in part of the world. It'll be a while before the cool case-modders start cutting them up :)

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here