Unskippable: Time & Eternity, Part 2

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Time & Eternity, Part 2

Some weddings get Super Saiyan pretty damned quick.

Watch Video

Getting an error:

200, Stream not found, NetStream.Play.StreamNotFound, clip: '[Clip] 'http://video.escapistmagazine.com/links/766d9ea2d7d02d7e2dec3a7c47146f9d/mp4/escapist/unskippable/613549c41dd9af2167644d9d6dda6422.mp4''

varmintx:
Getting an error:

200, Stream not found, NetStream.Play.StreamNotFound, clip: '[Clip] 'http://video.escapistmagazine.com/links/766d9ea2d7d02d7e2dec3a7c47146f9d/mp4/escapist/unskippable/613549c41dd9af2167644d9d6dda6422.mp4''

Same here.

RikuoAmero:

varmintx:
Getting an error:

Same here.

I think the problem is on the Escapist end; I'm getting it as well, and it happened a couple weeks ago as well (I think it was an Unskippable episode to boot).

EDIT: I like the Mook Chivalry on display here. Those ninjas knew they had to wait for the dying guy to say goodbye to him almost-wife, rather then just rushing past him and murdering their target. You just can't get that quality of assassin outside of anime games these days.

Stand by guys, I'm looking into a fix!

God, this is so bad. Nonsense dialog over random pan and scan shots of architectural features. Lots of white text on black screens. Gaaaah!

Edit: The html5 version seems to work, btw.

Should be fixed now, everyone!

Disappointed as that wasn't nearly as painful as last week's. Back to Desert Bus.

I am so confuuuused! Arrrrgh! Brain pain..

So is Toki like Launch from Dragon Ball? She sneezes and turns blond and becomes a massive bitch?

Why is it that no-one thinks to stop the intruders before the get to the altar?

He didn't let you handle it because he didn't know that you could do that. Or that you exist.

ALRIGHT! Who invited the badass live action version of Sailor Moon to this wedding?!? *gets looks* Trust me...you don't wanna know.

So...this game involves time travel, eh? Hopefully, they can get Zack to a...Doctor. *gets even more looks* Look, I'm sorry! But since hearing DVS BSTrD got banned, SOMEONE has to pick up the bad pun slack!

Wow a lot guards in that kingdom seem to have a bad case of that bystander effect, you have to wonder what they pay them for soemtimes. Come to think of it so did the assassins, they just kind of stand after their initial attempt to kill her and let her suddenly pounce on them. But hey at least something is happening.

GamemasterAnthony:
ALRIGHT! Who invited the badass live action version of Sailor Moon to this wedding?!? *gets looks* Trust me...you don't wanna know.

So...this game involves time travel, eh? Hopefully, they can get Zack to a...Doctor. *gets even more looks* Look, I'm sorry! But since hearing DVS BSTrD got banned, SOMEONE has to pick up the bad pun slack!

Don't worry. In time you'll get the hang of it :P

Apparently that blue dragon does have a purpose later on in the story as apparently Zack's soul goes into the dragon at one point...Wikipedia sure isn't helping me understand this game any better.

So.... what exactly DOES happen if you pick "I don't"? Longer cutscene or nonstandard game over?

"Hi there, folks, I'm the voice of Time Travel! Enjoy this naked girl!"

...What is this, Doctor Who if it were made in Japan?

Why would you have to go back 6 months, anyway? Can't you just go back, I don't know, 10 minutes and wake up the army of guards who are just sleeping outside?

Tel_Windzan:
Apparently that blue dragon does have a purpose later on in the story as apparently Zack's soul goes into the dragon at one point...

Well, clearly. I, for one, thought the hovering blue dragon was entirely self-explanatory.

Oh god, where do you guys keep finding these. My brain is starting to melt from how stupid all of this is.

hmm considering your just level 1 at that point... those assassins.. were rookies.. and that means he was worse then rookie assassins... also good tip.. if he had a sword from the start.... BLOCK instead of getting hit and then hitting back

GamemasterAnthony:

Tel_Windzan:
Apparently that blue dragon does have a purpose later on in the story as apparently Zack's soul goes into the dragon at one point...Wikipedia sure isn't helping me understand this game any better.

Actually...

Mydnyght:
So.... what exactly DOES happen if you pick "I don't"? Longer cutscene or nonstandard game over?

You know a game will suck when the developer will not shut up about the gimmick.

Here's a wacky idea: how about instead of nobly sacrificing yourself, you draw your sword during the six seconds of ninja run-up to the altar rather than immediately after they stab you?

BrownGaijin:

......That's it?

Why couldn't it at least be like the Rambo game for the NES and explicitly say, "The game doesn't start until you say YES"?

Mydnyght:

BrownGaijin:

......That's it?

Why couldn't it at least be like the Rambo game for the NES and explicitly say, "The game doesn't start until you say YES"?

Or the Psychonauts way where you get slapped in the face and asked: "How about now?" every time you say no.

Well it might have been dumb but at least it was unexpected.
Kinda interested in this game now, actually.

When the blue-haired guy said he had no idea what's going on, I had to nod and say "Me too, man." Surprised Graham and Paul didn't catch on to that.

Mydnyght:

you get a modern gaming equivalent to "but thou must!"

honestly, as bad as the pacing is, it's the dialogue that really hurt me. I bought this game, because the only way good JRPGs have a chance of getting released stateside anymore is if SOMEONE jumps on the grenade and plays the bad ones that sneak over, but I knew it would be unenjoyable from a story perspective. at least the gameplay elements were decent.

In fairness, still not as long as it took to get to the title card of Kingdom Hearts 2.

But that was a far better game, and was actually mostly game play so I don't know if it counts.

Every time they said "back to the past"... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Us8OK_iKnE

Kakulukia:

Mydnyght:

BrownGaijin:

......That's it?

Or the Psychonauts way where you get slapped in the face and asked: "How about now?" every time you say no.

I finished Psychonauts without seeing that scene. :<

Wraithsight:
In fairness, still not as long as it took to get to the title card of Kingdom Hearts 2.

But that was a far better game, and was actually mostly game play so I don't know if it counts.

KH2 just had the longest tutorial ever.

Okay, this is an anime nitpick as a whole, but why do they always make blood stains look so fuzzy? When your image is made up of crisp lines, the blotchy, low res blood looks horrific and ruins the picture.

Wait, dragons are worth mentioning? I've been raising a clutch of them and never had an issue...

Wait... what? I mean... zuh? So she has Dissociative identity disorder based superpowers... seems legit.

I told myself it couldn't be any worse than the first episode. I was...right, as it happened. At least actual plot events occurred in this one. But the voice acting is still beyond terrible. Why do people who dub anime and JRPGs think that squeaky, incredibly American valley girl accents work for every single type of female character in every conceivable setting and genre?

Also, since his wife apparently is two people in one body, is Zack technically a bigamist? And is he going to get doubly lucky if they ever make it to the wedding night?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here