EXP: Geekbuzz - Tearing OUYA a New One

Geekbuzz - Tearing OUYA a New One

Did you forget about OUYA? I sure did! In a nutshell - It's open source, it's Linux based, it's inexpensive. But is it really a failed experiment? We shall find out. Now with bonus beer.. (Don't judge me.)

Watch Video

So far unboxing videos never appealed to me. I still don't get it why you should watch them... This one is unfortunately no exception. OUYA is something I really forgot like probably a lot of people did.

I thought the OUYA was already over with the mutual judgement of "It failed".
Thanks for reminind us about this, but I would have appreciated a bit more value for this video,
e.g. actually showing the console in action at the end.

StHubi:
So far unboxing videos never appealed to me. I still don't get it why you should watch them... This one is unfortunately no exception.

I think the point of these videos is to watch a cute redhead be cute and red-headed. The Linux stuff seems more like a theme.

James Joseph Emerald:
I think the point of these videos is to watch a cute redhead be cute and red-headed. The Linux stuff seems more like a theme.

It sounds like you are watching it wrong :p

There are millions of unboxing videos online and I just don't understand why anybody is watching them... I once made one to make fun of them (gag filled script to support it), but I will probably never understand "the magic".

Watching un-boxing videos is fun for lots of people, I am one of them. The "fun" happens when the host is un-boxing something you want pretty bad. That is really all there is to understand about it. I'm excited for the system despite it starting off kind of slow in the market.

Firstly, don't care for most IPAs which seems to be Dogfishhead's specialty, but their Midas Touch is badass.

Unboxings can be cool for lots of reasons. I'm developing mobile apps for instance, and the Ouya is definitely a really cool testing platform and a novel idea.

dylanmc12:
Unboxing videos.. seriously? The concept is idiotic, and anybody who enjoys them needs to be checked.

If I wanted something, I wouldn't watch from clumsy idiot whose channel is full of "unboxing vids", I'd find the product in question, and evaluate it myself.

The Internet and its residents confuse me.

Like a poster above said - it's for the folks who are excited for a product they will most likely pick up. They just wanna see what's included in there. Often times, a simple list of included items may not be enough.

Also, dude - cut down on the attitude. If someone derives enjoyment from something, it doesn't have to sense to you. And it certainly isn't a good judgment of character or intelligence, especially in this case.

Itchi_da_killa:
Watching un-boxing videos is fun for lots of people, I am one of them. The "fun" happens when the host is un-boxing something you want pretty bad. That is really all there is to understand about it. I'm excited for the system despite it starting off kind of slow in the market.

They sure can be fun.
although this one was a bit off.
An un-boxing is fun to watch when it is a new device, that is hard to get hold of and you see the new owner handeling it for the first time.

I'm enjoying my Ouya for a couple of months now, so it's not that new.

In my country they dont sell them, but they are not hard to get.
In the US they are on the shelfs of big chain stores.

The Final unboxing was take 2 or 3.
Can't realy blame her for the camera to die on her.
But you just can't give a first impresion twice.

And a first impresion of her actually using it would have also been nice.

ps.
The title gave me the impresion she was about to rip on the Ouya

Jeroenr:

And a first impresion of her actually using it would have also been nice.

ps.
The title gave me the impresion she was about to rip on the Ouya

That is why I felt like this video had a shortage of substance.
The title had me expecting some kind of criticism instead of "just" unboxing the device.

Hi there. Sorry about the delay in reply, I'm in the Philippines volunteering as disaster relief for that big dumb typhoon that decided to hit a bit ago.

Honestly? Everything about the OUYA has been fail for me. I haven't even been able to get it to run, let alone smoothly. So, I just posted my botched unboxing as paying penance to the video-gods to let something of "substance" work for me. Alas, it did not..(was never really big on religion anyway) I published it anyway for funsies.

For those who enjoyed my video, right on! Those who didn't, well I got back to "substance" recently.

Maybe. sort of. well, you decide.

~ Nixie Pixel ~
ESC newbie. Recovering misanthropist.
Shows: OS.ALT || Geekbuzz

Talk nerdy to me on:
My Facebook
Google +
@nixiepixel

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or