Escapist News Now: Lego: The Hobbit In 2014

Lego: The Hobbit In 2014

A leaked image shows LEGO The Hobbit coming sometime in 2014 for PC, PS3, PS4, Wii U, 3DS, Xbox 360, and Xbox One.

Watch Video

Escapist News Now:
Lego The HobbitIn 2014

A leaked image shows LEGO The Hobbit coming sometime in 2014 for PC, PS3, PS4, Wii U, 3DS, Xbox 360, and Xbox One.

Slight grammar error here, might want to correct that :-)

Otherwise, looks interesting, though Lego Star Wars will always be my personal favourite.

I actually haven't played LEGO games since Harry Potter 1-4, and that was skipping the Indiana Jones games. I tried it. Played it through the first three years/books. Got bored. Haven't picked it up since. The humor and visual style worked, but after playing Both Trilogy LEGO Star Wars I had enough of the TT, one-button-builds, other-button-bashes, studs fly out of everything game play that I can't enjoy anymore as a gamer. There are other games recently out or coming out...

LEGO City Undercover looks to be maybe different enough, but I don't own a Wii U and may not for a while, so, so much for that.

The LEGO Minifigures MMO takes a completely different approach as a Torchlight 2-esque RPG style game. I am more excited for that than for any other LEGO Game. It's also not made by Traveler's Tales this time. It's by Funcom.

LEGO Legends of Chima Online can go sit in a corner and get high off of blue stuff. I tried LEGO LoCO (I lied about the not playing LEGO Games Since HP 1-4). It's a cow-clicker combined with a mediocre top-down RPG and a difficulty curve that passionately hugs the x-axis. Level design is cluttered and prosaic. The cow-clicker actually contributes to something other than itself, so it's the world's greatest cow-clicker, but the RPG combination and monetization is just... bad.

The LEGO Game I dream of is a sort of LEGO Garry's Mod, that combines the building of LEGO Digital Designer with the insane physics and sandbox of Garry's Mod.

This new LEGO LoTR game just looks to be more of the same TT gameplay that I'm not interested in.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here