Escape to the Movies: Frozen

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Looks great, I just wish they'd market it better. Especially in germany.
I mean sure they can't really take the english title, but instead they take the original story title and add a punny subtitle that hits so low, you don't even cringe anymore, you just die a little inside.

I might go see it, but only if I find a time without kids in the cinema. They ruined Wreck-It-Ralph for me. Seriously who brings a 3-year-old to a movie? They don't even understand sentences, much less focus, how do you expect them to follow a narrative?

This better be good then, my girlfriend wants to see it and it looked kinda meh, but you've made it sound good. So lets hope it now doesn't disappoint.

Piorn:
I might go see it, but only if I find a time without kids in the cinema. They ruined Wreck-It-Ralph for me. Seriously who brings a 3-year-old to a movie? They don't even understand sentences, much less focus, how do you expect them to follow a narrative?

Go to a night screening around 8pm ish, doubt you'll have young kids then, it's what I do for these kinds of flicks.

Holy butts...
Was NOT expecting that. With all the aggressive marketing for this lately, I was expecting it to be garbage in comparison to the under-advertised Free Birds. Imagine my surprise when I hear it's right up there with Mulan. Alright, count me in.

Eric the Orange:

xPixelatedx:

I can't tell you why the third act is amazing, but it's revolutionary for Disney film making

This isn't a 'It's great because Feminism' type things, is it? Because this is Disney and the internet is getting stirred up, I am assuming that's the case. If I turn out to be right, I will be somewhat disappointed. It's not that I disagree with whatever good message it might be trying to convey, it's just I don't think that neccisairly makes things better or worse at the end of the day. i guess it could be racism too, but I didn't see the opportunity for that in those clips. It's not homophobia either, since Bob already confirmed that's not what this is about.

well you can read it here

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/moviebob/10778-Lets-Talk-About-the-Ending-of-Frozen?utm_source=features&utm_medium=index_carousel&utm_campaign=all

but if your one of those people who tunes out things over one paragraph here's a TLDR for you

From what I've seen and read from Bob in the last 8 months. I can't say I wasn't expecting this sort of explination for the excitement.

I will honestly say that while I enjoyed a lot of this movie, the whole song and dance number they had about love was probably the low point of the movie, if only because I'm tired of Disney trying to force the idea of marriage being the ultimate solution to all your problems in life.

VikingKing:
I will honestly say that while I enjoyed a lot of this movie, the whole song and dance number they had about love was probably the low point of the movie, if only because I'm tired of Disney trying to force the idea of marriage being the ultimate solution to all your problems in life.

...uh...did you watch the movie?

Gorrath:

AJey:
So close to Bob's definition of perfect, and yet Miyazaki's new work blows it out of the park. Such a vast chasm between east and west animation.

I wouldn't go that far. There is a TON of bad animation that comes out of the East, it's just that we usually only get to see/hear the best they have to offer (unless you're seriously into anime and look at a ton of it.) I love Miyazaki as much as the next guy and think that Spirited Away is one of the best animated movies of all time, but the West produces animated masterpieces as well.

To be clear, Miyazaki might be the greatest director of animation ever, so using him as the standard of Eastern animation would be sort of like using a Stanley Kubric or Francis Ford Coppola movie or their body of work, to claim that there is a vast chasm between the quality of movies produced in the West vs the East. It just seems like you might be thrusting the very best of the very best forward and suggesting that it is the stock standard for the region. I'm not sure that is a good way to do a comparison is all.

Yeah, Eastern animation has loads of issues that doesn't happen as often with Western animation projects.

To begin with, anime on average has about a THIRD of the animation cost an animated series has in the US (over 100,000 versus over 300,000). That is why so many series have things like sweat drops and shifts into chibi style, it's cheaper. This also deeply effects the voice acting quality.

Also, very few films get any kind of international attention. Sure, the series get plenty of translations, but besides of Miyazaki, almost no anime get's theatrical runs outside of Japan.

xaszatm:

VikingKing:

...uh...did you watch the movie?

Huh, I'm not actually sure why I said that upon reflection, since what you've said is correct.

I'm sorry, but No. NO. You can tout up the character-animation and personalities all you want, but it isn't going to stop the fact that both the girls are thin, cute, ever-perfect beauty-pageant posters. We keep sending this message to children (Hey, heroes look good, if you don't look good, start looking good!) and I'm not going to accept it.
No matter how revolutionary the story.
No matter how how focus the women get compared to the men.
No matter the hidden adult themes.
When you start having the major protagonists looking AVERAGE (without being portrayed with any negative stereotypes associated with 'average' looks, like dorky, bookish, boring, comic relief, etc), then I will give a hoot. This goes for men AND women.

I'm probably going to see this movie anyway, and enjoy it, but I'm not going to accolade it with anything.

Wow. I've got two daughters that were all fired up to see this and I was just dreading the thought due to the annoying ad campaign. Thanks to the review I'm now a little psyched to see it!

My youngest daughter is named Aurora so there is definately a bit of love for the Disney princesses in our household.

Realitycrash:
I'm sorry, but No. NO. You can tout up the character-animation and personalities all you want, but it isn't going to stop the fact that both the girls are thin, cute, ever-perfect beauty-pageant posters. We keep sending this message to children (Hey, heroes look good, if you don't look good, start looking good!) and I'm not going to accept it.
When you start having the major protagonists looking AVERAGE (without being portrayed with any negative stereotypes associated with 'average' looks, like dorky, bookish, boring, comic relief, etc), then I will give a hoot. This goes for men AND women.

I'm probably going to see this movie anyway, and enjoy it, but I'm not going to accolade it with anything.

... Um, I know you said you haven't seen the movie, but they kind of DO go out of their way to show some of these "ever-perfect" princesses in a joyfully ordinary light in Frozen. Us girls take ages to "get pretty", and there's a brilliant scene in the movie of one of the girls fresh out of bed in a pretty awesome, undignified sort of way... apart from the way she stuffs chocolate in her mouth.

Even the phrase "I promise you, sir, she's entirely ordinary..." is thrown in for good measure.

And the poor male lead gets an entire song-and-dance number about his vices (from spitting to smelling to picking his nose, etc.)

It's not suddenly turning everyone into Plain Janes, of course (they ARE pretty once they get cleaned up... like most pretty girls), but they're well-written characters with enough realism and vices to keep them more grounded than arguably most other Disney princesses can claim to be.

You're not going to see Princess Jasmine drooling on her pillow with her hair looking like Edward Scissorhands anytime soon.

xPixelatedx:

I can't tell you why the third act is amazing, but it's revolutionary for Disney film making

This isn't a 'It's great because Feminism' type things, is it? Because this is Disney and the internet is getting stirred up, I am assuming that's the case. If I turn out to be right, I will be somewhat disappointed. It's not that I disagree with whatever good message it might be trying to convey, it's just I don't think that necessarily makes things better or worse at the end of the day. i guess it could be racism too, but I didn't see the opportunity for that in those clips. It's not homophobia either, since Bob already confirmed that's not what this is about.

I wish that all of the latest movies with good female leads weren't instantly dubbed "feminist movies" or "movies about women empowerment". Aren't writers allowed to write a good movie with good characters without being called a feminist? Mulan was never called a feminist movie, nor were any of the other classics, most of which do have strong feminist leads. </rant> #stupidtrends

So then, to answer your question, this isn't a feminist movie, simply a movie with strong female leads. And no, the movie isn't getting extra stars for having female leads, it's simply a great movie that you should go see asap. No disguised political or social commentary here, fortunately.

Muchashca:

I wish that all of the latest movies with good female leads weren't instantly dubbed "feminist movies" or "movies about women empowerment". Aren't writers allowed to write a good movie with good characters without being called a feminist? Mulan was never called a feminist movie, nor were any of the other classics, most of which do have strong feminist leads. </rant> #stupidtrends

So then, to answer your question, this isn't a feminist movie, simply a movie with strong female leads. And no, the movie isn't getting extra stars for having female leads, it's simply a great movie that you should go see asap. No disguised political or social commentary here, fortunately.

Mulan was called a feminist movie by quite a few people :|

Piorn:

Hey i watched my first movie when i was 3 (or 4) and i recall it perfectly, it was the first Rugrats movie...
That being said, YES children ruin movies, THEY EVEN RUINED THE DARK KNIGHT FOR ME, SERIOUSLY WHO THE HELL TAKES HIS 6 YEARS OLD CHILDREN TO WATCH A MOVIE LIKE THAT!!! THEY STARTED CRYING WHEN THE JOKER WENT BATSHIT :(
I usually go the mornings of thursdays all alone and enjoy the movie in an almost empty cinema. PERFECT

Realitycrash:

Don't get mad like that, let Disney update themselves slowly, Frozen is just the first step towards greatness and true inclusivity... I do trust they will get there sooner that what you think (unless your'e being excessively demanding that is)
You cant just remove the accolades that a movie deserves because it fails to attain another accolade, that just doesnt make any sense at all

Well, this flew under my radar completely. I know which my Christmas movie will be this year!

Elias Islas Rodriguez:

Piorn:

Hey i watched my first movie when i was 3 (or 4) and i recall it perfectly, it was the first Rugrats movie...
That being said, YES children ruin movies, THEY EVEN RUINED THE DARK KNIGHT FOR ME, SERIOUSLY WHO THE HELL TAKES HIS 6 YEARS OLD CHILDREN TO WATCH A MOVIE LIKE THAT!!! THEY STARTED CRYING WHEN THE JOKER WENT BATSHIT :(
I usually go the mornings of thursdays all alone and enjoy the movie in an almost empty cinema. PERFECT

Realitycrash:

Don't get mad like that, let Disney update themselves slowly, Frozen is just the first step towards greatness and true inclusivity... I do trust they will get there sooner that what you think (unless your'e being excessively demanding that is)
You cant just remove the accolades that a movie deserves because it fails to attain another accolade, that just doesnt make any sense at all

What is being "excessive" in my demand about it, though? And when do you think they will get around to having at least one moderately unattractive main (female) lead without any other negative stereotypes attached?

..Also, your Batman experience reminds me of this quote from Bale himself.

"At first, I was somewhat hesitant to do the role. I mean, after all, Batman is an icon. But I remember, as clear as day, being at the grocery store the day the movie opened, and this little boy saw me. He couldn't have been more than five years old. He just walked right up to me and hugged me. He hugged me, and I was so moved by it that I hugged him back. Then he looked up at me and said "You're my hero." And in that moment, I knew that not only as an actor that I had done my job, but that I had made the right decision to play Batman. And I've never looked back on my the decision to play Batman since."

So. Five year old. Watching Batman Begins. At opening night. Really?

skylog:
I'm wondering what Bob thought of Tangled. Cause to me, that felt like a good throwback to the 90's Disney.

This movie is basically Tangled in the snow. Christoph is basically Flynn, both princesses are Rapunzel, the Reindeer is the horse, and the snowman is a better Pascal. Anna even has the exact personality of Rapunzel.

---------------

I thought this movie was a bit of a bait and switch. I took my son to see it thinking it was about the snowman and reindeer and the whole movie is about two princesses. Wuh? Yup. It's a princess movie and my boys probably won't appreciate this film till later on.

I mean, I enjoyed the second and third act but spent most of the first pissed about how I had been set up for a trap. It's a great movie, but it's bullshit how they sold this film.

Realitycrash:

What is being "excessive" in my demand about it, though? And when do you think they will get around to having at least one moderately unattractive main (female) lead without any other negative stereotypes attached?

You do realize you're being just as shallow and superficial as the movies you're accusing of being, right...?

"SCREW HAVING AN ENGAGING/RELATABLE/INTERESTING PERSONALITY! BEING ATTRACTIVE AUTOMATICALLY MAKES YOU A BAD PERSON THAT TALKS DOWN TO 'UNATTRACTIVE' PEOPLE (a vague, subjective idea at best)! Being interesting or well-written or a legitimately important part/DRIVING FORCE of the story doesn't matter if *le gasp!* the woman in question DARES have an aesthetically pleasing appearance!! LAY SHAME ON THE ATTRACTIVE FEMALE! SHAME SHAME SHAAAAAME!!!"

And Disney's the bad guy here....HOW again?

It's just like the people that bitched about Chloe Grace Moretz being too pretty to play Carrie, which she herself actually addressed in an interview here. Unless those types of characters in the movie outright act a certain way toward less conventionally attractive ones, then your ranting and raving here is coming from nowhere. And most the time when that DOES happen, they're usually the bad guys and the moral of the story is "don't be shallow assholes just because of someone's looks". Simply being "attractive" isn't a condemnation toward people that "aren't", again whatever that is even supposed to mean. Disney isn't pulling a Fit Mom here and trying to back-hand shame anyone.

So when YOU stop with the judgmental "attractive vs. unattractive" scale you're placing on these characters and re-focus on how they're being portrayed as fully realized people within these fictional worlds, you'll be able to enjoy movies mucccch more (:

Realitycrash:

As long as thin and attractive characters sell more products than plain ones this will never change. People just like attractive characters more than plain ones, just like they prefer heroic characters to mediocre ones.

My family dragged me to this over Thanksgiving.

.....yeah, whoever was in charge of marketing this movie needs to disappear forever.

It's great. In every way. Even the snowman is awesome. Somehow the marketing people managed to make him incredibly unfunny when he's a fucking scene-stealer in the movie. Oh, and the fact that this movie ends up being a giant "Fuck You" to Disney Princess tropes endeared it to me even more.

Only qualm I've got is that most of the musical numbers are pretty ho-hum. Except for Idina Menzel's power ballad, which is the greatest musical number I've heard in years.

Metalrocks:
he said something about singing. does it mean that there are many songs in it? i hate musicals. in tangled it was just at the border. was really close to throw the dvd out. thats how much i hate singing in movies.
so can someone tell me how much singing is in it?

IIRC there are 5 songs. Two of which near the beginning serve to condense the plot/time. One is the song we're all going nuts over "Let it Go" which is pretty damn good (and the best one in the film) there is Olafs song short and really just introduces his character quirks and then there was the one about Kristoff which again saves time rounds his character out and if you put it in context with the rest of the movie is actually quite clever.

So normal amount for a Disney flick. They're more important to the plot than they were in Tangled. Personally not a fan of most of the songs but they didn't ruin my enjoyment in the slightest.

uanime5:

Realitycrash:

As long as thin and attractive characters sell more products than plain ones this will never change. People just like attractive characters more than plain ones, just like they prefer heroic characters to mediocre ones.

And if we don't try to change the ideal, it will never change either. Obviously. I don't see it as a valid excuse that "This is what sells" gives carté blanche to peddle whatever possible without a second thought concerning if it could have a negative impact overall.
"People", if we are using that term, would change their likes and dislikes if a broader selection as available. But you know, I am willing to give this a slide when it comes to adult entertainment (both porn and non-porn). We can have our fan-service and whatnot. I find it stupid (fanservice, not porn), but alright, sure.

But material aimed at children? Do we really need to portray our heroes/heroines as almost perfectly idealized beauties as well? They aren't old enough to have developed such rigorous 'likes' yet. What is the harm in portraying the hero as a nerdy little pale man/woman (say, Harry Potter, which has sold extremely well in book-form..) instead? It is doubtful that children will refuse to watch a movie due to the main character looking differently.

So this turned out to be one of my favorite Disney movies in YEARS... and it's going on my shelf right next to Beauty and the Beast, Mulan, Aladdin, and The Lion King.

Great characters, great music, great visuals, and they both critique and subvert their "Disney formula" cliches WITHOUT turning into parody (a'la Shrek and Enchanted). It doesn't say "true love is bunk", but rather that true love takes many different shapes and forms, and even if you find it it's still going to take a LOT of work. Even the line "people don't really change" said with complete sincerity was nice, as was this possibly being the first Disney movie I've seen where the hero asks consent to kiss the girl.

For those saying it's just "Tangled on Ice"... trust me, I've seen Tangled. I love Tangled (it has a few major flaws, though). This is better than Tangled, and Elsa and Anna only bare superficial resemblances to Rapunzel (no more than Ariel, Jasmine, and Belle are "the same" girl).

Anna, in fact, might be my favorite Disney girl since Mulan. She's unbelievably spunky, determined, but, well, not THAT capable and HARDLY perfect. She screws up often, trusts the wrong people, makes bad choices, but she plucks along, learns as she goes, and ultimately becomes the most pro-active heroine Disney has had in years.

That, and I don't think I could ever imagine the lyrics "I'm don't know if I'm elated or gassy" coming from the lips of Belle, Ariel, Pocahontas, Snow White, or almost any other Disney girl. She's a joy, even if Elsa gets the show-stopping power ballad. I've had "Let It Go" on repeat for hours now and I'm starting to dream it in my sleep.

MovieBob:
MovieBob takes us into the world of Frozen.

**HUGS**

Thank you Bob!

I wasn't planning to see Frozen. Your video convinced me to do so. IT WAS THE BEST MOVIE I'VE SEEN THIS YEAR.

Better than Iron Man 3, Thor: Dark World, or Pacific Rim.

I bought the soundtrack and am listening to "Let it Go" on repeat as I type this. I bought two sets of the cast toys at ToysRUs - one for me, and one for my kid. I bought the art book.

I'm not much of a Disney fan. I like Mulan and enjoy Aladin and Beauty and the Beast mostly on nostalgia.

This film blew me away. I was stunned. I'm telling everyone I know to go see it.

**more hugs**

**dances around, arms wide, singing along with "Let it Go"**

Trishbot:
Elsa gets the show-stopping power ballad. I've had "Let It Go" on repeat for hours now and I'm starting to dream it in my sleep.

**grabs Trishbot to dance with her**

"Let it go! Let it go,
When I'll rise like the break of dawn,
Let it go! Let it go,
That perfect girl is gone!

Here I stand, in the light of day!
Let the storm rage on!
... the cold never bothered me anyway."

hentropy:
Sorry Bob, seeing young-female targeted movies in the movie theater is something I only reserve for the occasional Studio Ghibli releases. Still, you do make me want to go and see it... but being a single adult male and going to the box office and saying "One for Frozen" is just going to be too awkward for me.

It wouldn't be surprising if the marketing campaign for this one was done such on purpose, you gotta get butts in the seats and marketing it as a fun family winter romp with a comedic snowman might be more effective in focus groups than advertising it for what it is.

Oh I'm sorry does being a man make you too manly to see an incredibly good movie just because it's female focused, here let me help you with your situation.

*Kicks you in your crotch so hard your testicles rocket out of your skull*

There problem solved, now go see that movie.

OT: Yea I got to agree with you Moviebob great movie, caught me off guard but I loved every single frame of this movie to pieces. I liked Wreck it Ralph a little bit more but then again it got points at the start just for being about Video Games.

SuperScrub:

hentropy:
Sorry Bob, seeing young-female targeted movies in the movie theater is something I only reserve for the occasional Studio Ghibli releases. Still, you do make me want to go and see it... but being a single adult male and going to the box office and saying "One for Frozen" is just going to be too awkward for me.

It wouldn't be surprising if the marketing campaign for this one was done such on purpose, you gotta get butts in the seats and marketing it as a fun family winter romp with a comedic snowman might be more effective in focus groups than advertising it for what it is.

Oh I'm sorry does being a man make you too manly to see an incredibly good movie just because it's female focused, here let me help you with your situation.

It has nothing to do with "being a man". I've seen girlier shit than you can probably imagine. But I watch that shit in the privacy of my own home, free from ignorance and judgement. I am a grown man, walking into any movie aimed at little girls by myself will make most parents come to the same conclusion: that I am some sort of pedophile. If you haven't noticed, that is sort of a sensitive topic nowadays. Not everyone can pull the "but I'm a movie critic!" card like Bob can. Some don't have the luxury of being a face in a crowd of millions of people in some big city, some people have to worry about being seen in such a situation by someone they know, and then rumors starting. Hell, the only reason I saw The Secret World of Arietty in theater was because I just assumed the theater would be near-empty.

But feel free to keeping hopping along your high horse, misunderstanding all you survey.

hentropy:

SuperScrub:

hentropy:

It has nothing to do with "being a man". I've seen girlier shit than you can probably imagine. But I watch that shit in the privacy of my own home, free from ignorance and judgement. I am a grown man, walking into any movie aimed at little girls by myself will make most parents come to the same conclusion: that I am some sort of pedophile. If you haven't noticed, that is sort of a sensitive topic nowadays. Not everyone can pull the "but I'm a movie critic!" card like Bob can. Some don't have the luxury of being a face in a crowd of millions of people in some big city, some people have to worry about being seen in such a situation by someone they know, and then rumors starting. Hell, the only reason I saw The Secret World of Arietty in theater was because I just assumed the theater would be near-empty.

But feel free to keeping hopping along your high horse, misunderstanding all you survey.

Who cares what overprotective parents think, you're probably not going to see them again, they can't call the police on the basis that a grown man is going to see a girly movie, and you're not (or at least I hope to the holy mother, father and spirit you're not) a pedophile. No problem, no excuses, go see this movie or at least come up with a better reason as to why you can't or don't want to.

SuperScrub:

hentropy:

SuperScrub:

Who cares what overprotective parents think, you're probably not going to see them again, they can't call the police on the basis that a grown man is going to see a girly movie, and you're not (or at least I hope to the holy mother, father and spirit you're not) a pedophile. No problem, no excuses, go see this movie or at least come up with a better reason as to why you can't or don't want to.

I consider potentially having my life ruined because someone got the wrong idea about me going into a little girl's Disney movie a good enough reason. I'm not afraid of being arrested, there are worse things than that. Like being labeled a creep in a fairly small town where I have to try and find work. I have to deal with "normal" people all day, and most "normal" people would not really accept any explanation as to why I would want to see Frozen. How would you justify it? "Oh I just heard it was a really good movie!" "You thought a little girl's movie was good enough that you just had to see it in theaters over, say, The Hobbit?" "Umm..." This isn't a long stretch of the imagination from "overprotective" parents, it's more or less the first assumption most parents make when they see an adult male in a place where you expect children to gather. If you're a man in your 20s, and you went to Frozen alone, someone likely assumed it about you, whether you know it or not. Whether it's a potential problem for you is a different issue altogether, but I live in a fairly small town, and I frequently find people I know when I go out to the mall. Instead of asking why I shouldn't see it, I have to be able to answer the question as to why I want to see it, and "an online critic said it was a really good movie" won't be a compelling enough reason, in all likelihood, to stop people's suspicions. And when the people who have the suspicions know you and can directly impact your life in some way, it's a problem.

I don't blame them so much, I blame the creepy men who DO go to movies like that to ogle at little girls or whatever. It wouldn't be a problem if it didn't happen, but it does. I was warned about it when I was growing up, to beware of men who just hung around places like that. Being an adult sometimes means putting up certain appearances, I wouldn't worry about it if people would just see me as a manchild (that I am in some ways), but that's not the worst assumption people make in this scenario.

hentropy:

SuperScrub:

hentropy:

I consider potentially having my life ruined because someone got the wrong idea about me going into a little girl's Disney movie a good enough reason. I'm not afraid of being arrested, there are worse things than that. Like being labeled a creep in a fairly small town where I have to try and find work. I have to deal with "normal" people all day, and most "normal" people would not really accept any explanation as to why I would want to see Frozen. How would you justify it? "Oh I just heard it was a really good movie!" "You thought a little girl's movie was good enough that you just had to see it in theaters over, say, The Hobbit?" "Umm..." This isn't a long stretch of the imagination from "overprotective" parents, it's more or less the first assumption most parents make when they see an adult male in a place where you expect children to gather. If you're a man in your 20s, and you went to Frozen alone, someone likely assumed it about you, whether you know it or not. Whether it's a potential problem for you is a different issue altogether, but I live in a fairly small town, and I frequently find people I know when I go out to the mall. Instead of asking why I shouldn't see it, I have to be able to answer the question as to why I want to see it, and "an online critic said it was a really good movie" won't be a compelling enough reason, in all likelihood, to stop people's suspicions. And when the people who have the suspicions know you and can directly impact your life in some way, it's a problem.

I don't blame them so much, I blame the creepy men who DO go to movies like that to ogle at little girls or whatever. It wouldn't be a problem if it didn't happen, but it does. I was warned about it when I was growing up, to beware of men who just hung around places like that. Being an adult sometimes means putting up certain appearances, I wouldn't worry about it if people would just see me as a manchild (that I am in some ways), but that's not the worst assumption people make in this scenario.

Trust me, in my experience parents don't ask questions as to what kind of movies you're seeing, they don't give two shits as to whether or not you're watching a kids movie. They won't judge you, they won't label you as a creepy pedophile out to abduct and... do indescribably horrible things to their children, they won't question you. As long as you mind your business when watching a movie they'll mind theirs and move along. And besides you shouldn't have to justify yourself as to why you want to see a girls movie.

I wish they make a sequel exploring the world of Frozen.

Andrew Siribohdi:
Best princess movie since Mulan? High Praise. Glad to see you liked it, Bob.

I was in the " Pass" group as well, then my mom bought it on DVD and brought it home. She asked if I wanted to watch it, and I said "Sure.". And sure enough, I really liked it. I thought most of the songs were really good, the twist felt refreshing for someone that's starting to get tired of the traditional formula like myself, and...I just had a lot of fun watching this. I'd rate this as a high Full Price. I'd definitely see this again. Highly recommended. If you liked Mulan, or movies like it, check this one out.

I was in the "I'm a man and none of my mates wanted to see a Disney Princess film" camp.

But I managed to eventually watch it yesterday.
I thought it was great.

Definitely one of my favourite Disney films. I can see why Beauty and the Beast was well loved, but I personally prefer Frozen.

What I liked the most was the two sister basically being teenagers. They weren't "young women", they were children trying to behave how an adult would. So it was endearing when you saw their child-like personalities. It made them more human?

To talk about other aspects that I enjoyed would be a spoiler.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here