Feed Dump: Rough Santa Rides

Rough Santa Rides

Canadian silliness reigns supreme in this episode of Feed Dump.

Watch Video

Can't we just make the regular Canadian vs. American football joke where we tell them our fields are wider and longer and we snicker like preteens?

I'm sorry Graham. The Schooners is kinda bland and there could be better names but, they're doing a better job than the Ottawa RedBlacks.

so that's what happened to Winnie the Pooh after the hundred acres woods instituted a hunting season

IndomitableSam:
Can't we just make the regular Canadian vs. American football joke where we tell them our fields are wider and longer and we snicker like preteens?

Dx
Sam! We're adults here!

:D We can snicker at such jokes as much as we want, without asking! ;p

Also, if they want to make a team out of what's on Canadian change.

Graham_LRR:
...We are obsolete storage media. I am an IOMEGA Clik disk, which I bet you've never heard of.

Heard of it.

Joining us this week is an IOMEGA Zip drive... And an IOMEGA Jaz drive.

And I am a Castlewood ORB. Joining me at Thanksgiving tomorrow will be an Exatron Stringy Floppy, and a Sony Memory Stick.

BTW Kathleen: SyQuest

At the risk of spamming this thread...

Graham: Do not -- DO NOT -- put the Happy Elves hat inside the Winnie The Pooh hat.

MOAR IAN PLEAZE. He is the new best feeddumper, surpassing Andy.

The Schooners is not a terrible name. My old alma mater, the University of Oklahoma, has the Sooner Schooner (as seen below) at all home games. It is pulled proudly by the two ponies named Boomer and Sooner. Wait. This does sound a bit like Theodor Geisel might have had a hand in the naming process.

Meh. "Sooners" were the people who, during the land rushes, snuck into the government land ahead of the offical starting time to stake their illegal claims to property. Basically a bunch of cheaters. I guess "Sooners" is two letters less noble than "Schooners"

Newhouse:
I'm sorry Graham. The Schooners is kinda bland and there could be better names but, they're doing a better job than the Ottawa RedBlacks.

I think the intention was to make facepainting easy for even the dumbest of Ottawans. But don't worry, if the Rough Riders (two words) is any indication, we'll run them out of town soon enough through the force of our apathy.

OT:I love it when they get ready for the last segment by zooming out the camera. That change in perspective lets me know that crazy hats are going to happen.

ewhac:
At the risk of spamming this thread...

Graham: Do not -- DO NOT -- put the Happy Elves hat inside the Winnie The Pooh hat.

Seizure bear? Oh dear god.

Clankenbeard:
The Schooners is not a terrible name. My old alma mater, the University of Oklahoma, has the Sooner Schooner (as seen below) at all home games. It is pulled proudly by the two ponies named Boomer and Sooner. Wait. This does sound a bit like Theodor Geisel might have had a hand in the naming process.

Meh. "Sooners" were the people who, during the land rushes, snuck into the government land ahead of the offical starting time to stake their illegal claims to property. Basically a bunch of cheaters. I guess "Sooners" is two letters less noble than "Schooners"

Heh, wondered if anyone would pull up OU into this.

And, for some odd reason, I seemed to think the paper would have used Feeddumps title, which was much better.

Graham, I'm sorry but I caught an error. Newfoundland and Labrador are not part of the Maritime Provinces, but are part of the Atlantic Provinces.

Maritime Provinces:
New Brunswick
Nova Scotia
Prince Edward Island

Atlantic Provinces:
New Brunswick
Nova Scotia
Prince Edward Island
Newfoundland and Labrador

It's subtle and knit picky, but as a maritimer I feel like I'm just looking out for my West Coast fellow Canadians.

Newhouse:

Please tell me they have a Free Checkers day...

OT: It's funny really, we make fun of Canada's NFL (and Europe's NFL), but at the same time get teased on by the rest of the world because our football is different from their football.

I feel that an opportunity for jazz hands was missed.

Isn't a town council that works quietly in the background, not messing anything up, a good thing?

Please say the two Rough Rider teams played each other at some point.

I think you're supposed to pull the hat down over your face, it looks kinda creepy otherwise.

The graphic for this video is just perfect. Graham has this expression on his face like, "Sup baby? You want to go with me on a... Rough Santa Ride?"

I smell another Graham hat-dance gif incoming...

As someone from Nova Scotia... no, we don't have anything better than that schooner. There's a reason everyone left for Alberta: Oil might destroy the environment, but it gets shit done.

zvate:
so that's what happened to Winnie the Pooh after the hundred acres woods instituted a hunting season

Oh god, that's exactly what the hat made me think of too :(

Creepiest FD hat yet.

And agreed that fresh blood always brings in the laughs with a fresh FD take. Cori and Ian nailed it. Although...

surpassing andy

heresy (unless you're referring to Cam, and then only sometimes)

[after looking up the Halifax Explosion] Wow. Part of me wants to see if they could actually get that approved.

I was wondering if any Desert Bus staff would guest star this week...I was hoping for Ian and Pika, but Cori works too

zvate:

LOLOLOL. My first thought after seeing that hat was, OH GOD SOMEONE SKINNED WINNIE THE POOH! I wonder if it was a grown up Christopher Robin.

I REMEMBER ZIP DRIVES

The CFL is really important! It's all Saskatchewan has. IT'S ALL WE HAVE! *crying*

mattawbrown:
Graham, I'm sorry but I caught an error. Newfoundland and Labrador are not part of the Maritime Provinces, but are part of the Atlantic Provinces.

Maritime Provinces:
New Brunswick
Nova Scotia
Prince Edward Island

Atlantic Provinces:
New Brunswick
Nova Scotia
Prince Edward Island
Newfoundland and Labrador

It's subtle and knit picky, but as a maritimer I feel like I'm just looking out for my West Coast fellow Canadians.

Yes... This.... being a Newfoundlander I was going to say we are not in the Maritimes....

And Although there is Newfie Screech (one of my fav's) Lambs Palm Breeze is way more popular here....

I was disappointed to find the Schooner did not refer to the beer glass.

Endocrom:
[after looking up the Halifax Explosion] Wow. Part of me wants to see if they could actually get that approved.

Or, or, or even better
Ladies and gentlemen, let me present you
The one and only
Halifax Punishers

P.S. But to be honest any team name with "Halifax" as their first word would sound awesome

ewhac:

Graham_LRR:
...We are obsolete storage media. I am an IOMEGA Clik disk, which I bet you've never heard of.

Heard of it.

Joining us this week is an IOMEGA Zip drive... And an IOMEGA Jaz drive.

And I am a Castlewood ORB. Joining me at Thanksgiving tomorrow will be an Exatron Stringy Floppy, and a Sony Memory Stick.

You have an Exatron Stringy Floppy? Might want to see a doctor about that.

(I'm sorry...it's just that that sounded really REALLY wrong.)

To this day I find it hard to understand why a sport where the ball is thrown and carried around with your hands 95% of the time "football".

You killed Winnie the Pooh! You Bastards! ;)

Redlin5:
I REMEMBER ZIP DRIVES

The CFL is really important! It's all Saskatchewan has. IT'S ALL WE HAVE! *crying*

It's ok, not everyone can have an awesome hockey team like us Winnipegers. (I'm just teasing, of course. Prairie provinces unite!)

"Where is my bag?"

shiajun:
To this day I find it hard to understand why a sport where the ball is thrown and carried around with your hands 95% of the time "football".

Historical reasons. Football evolved from soccer, and Americans decided to keep the name, even as they switched to rugby rules.

Heeheehee! Graham has Pooh on his head! :)

I'm such a child.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here