Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: The Gayening

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The Gayening

Put on your poetry hats and join two of the greatest wordsmiths of our generation as they fill your ears with verse.

Watch Video

OK, so Dobbin HD didn't work out, but we'll try again. We'll replace the roller skates with moon shoes to more faithfully recreate the original Dobbin, but with something familiar for those who haven't experienced the horse before. Dobbin 3 is the horse of the new generation!

I guess Yahtzee doesn't like HD remakes, though the metaphor kinda went off the rails at the end when the HD Horse started shooting lasers at its old master...

Jim's offering is also splendid, though I found it extra appropriate as this past sunday my country had a public referendum to amend the Constitution in such a way to prevent gay marriage from ever becoming legal. It was approved. Common sense died...

Yeah I got the message Jim you didn't need to explain it.

canadamus_prime:

Do you need me to explain that my not needing to explain it was the point?

Yahtzee's final line started me laughing, and Jim's entire poem made me carry on. Disturbing level of detail, but hilarious nonetheless.

I have no idea why, but I am starting to suspect you enjoy putting these images into our heads Jim.

I get that Yhatzee's was about HD remakes, but was it about any in particular example does anybody know?

Jimothy Sterling:

I thought the point was making fun of homophobes. Little did I know it was all about how explaining a joke is silly, as shown by the awful joke-explaining presented by Jim Sterling.

*slow clap*

That's at least 12 levels of humor deep. At least.

Twenty Ninjas:

Jimothy Sterling:

I thought the point was making fun of homophobes. Little did I know it was all about how explaining a joke is silly, as shown by the awful joke-explaining presented by Jim Sterling.

*slow clap*

Mrrrowr, saucer of milk, table 3!

Jimothy Sterling:

canadamus_prime:

Yes apparently. I must be dense.

canadamus_prime:

Jimothy Sterling:

canadamus_prime:

I am perpetually amused by the awkward ruination of my own jokes. Hence, explaining something that didn't need to be explained. Doing unfunny things are funny to me. Clearly not to anybody else, but I long gave up trying to amuse anybody but myself with these. :)

Jimothy Sterling:

canadamus_prime:

Jimothy Sterling:

I am perpetually amused by the awkward ruination of my own jokes. Hence, explaining something that didn't need to be explained. Doing unfunny things are funny to me. Clearly not to anybody else, but I long gave up trying to amuse anybody but myself with these. :)

Well I figured that last part out when you had poems about beating Mario to death, tickling Ganondorf, and trapping Dean Cain in your basement Misery-syle.

Jimothy Sterling:

Mrrrowr, saucer of milk, table 3!

Come, human. Take me into your warm embrace.

Jimothy Sterling:

canadamus_prime:

Jimothy Sterling:

I don't know, I think deliberately bad/unfunny things can be funny. Like terrible puns. The joke is how bad it is, as opposed to the pun itself.

I suspect it is a little like black/dark/ironic humour, where it is something of an acquired taste.

Good one this week Jim, although I'm ashamed to say I still haven't taken the gay option in Dragon Age yet.

I love when Jim gives us a mini-Jimquisition in poem form. :3

Jimothy Sterling:
but I long gave up trying to amuse anybody but myself with these. :)

Well then by all means, keep trying to not-amuse us, Jim. I find your non-amusing style, delivery, and themes to be incredibly amusing and, dare I say, entertaining. By my score tally, you're still ahead of Yahtzee in the "Rhymedown Winner" tally. :3

Jimmy have now made a poem about intercourse with Ganondorf, Donkey Kong, a Miltank, The Helghast, Nathan Drake and Commander Shepard. I'm so glad he don't know about Fire Emblem: Awakening's existence.

Well it's always fun to watch what is essentially a Jimquisition in poem form. Good show!

And was Yahtzee's poem about HD remakes? Up until the lasers of course.

Jimothy Sterling:

canadamus_prime:

I get your point, and agree with it, (As per usual) but you could have explained it better. Still liked it better than Yahtzee's this week, that's for sure.

There've been a few weeks of okay-ish poems lately, but today sets a new standard for both you guys. Jim's poem was full of dicks as usual, but I'm glad to see the excellent return to form after the multitude of short oneshots about the PS4.

Jandau:
I guess Yahtzee doesn't like HD remakes, though the metaphor kinda went off the rails at the end when the HD Horse started shooting lasers at its old master...

I think that makes the point even clearer. Every time a AAA sequel crosses the next gen line it feels the need to go over-the-top so much that the game ceases to make any sense. And yes, many times devs add lasers to a game that they shouldn't exist in. Someone needs to recreate Dobbin HD though, just so I can play as a rocket-moon-shoe-lazer-horse. That would be a great game if done right.

Hey what was Jim talking about? Is he really gay now? is that was that satire word means? to be gay?

Thunderous Cacophony:
OK, so Dobbin HD didn't work out, but we'll try again. We'll replace the roller skates with moon shoes to more faithfully recreate the original Dobbin, but with something familiar for those who haven't experienced the horse before. Dobbin 3 is the horse of the new generation!

it has to be connected to holywire at all times to work, but then again if you arent already always connected to holywire you are a disgusting caveman and should kill yourself in a pit filled with aids and rabies snake-badger hybrids, ashamed of yourself.

So, according to Yahtzee, HD stands for "horse diversity"... Does that mean, based on Jim's poem, HD actually stands for "huge dicks"?

Now, I remember a time when people would get excited for SD re-releases... (Yes, SD "used" to stands for "similar direction" and/or "small dicks"...)

captcha: Nokia Lumia 925
That's one "diversified" horse, captcha...

Well now we know why Dobbin's corpse was such a mess. Jim had beaten it.

I'm not homophobic but I rather not do things like having to be nude, strip pole dancing, or singing with Pierce as a Heterosexual Male.

In that sense that's why I like Saints Row 2 since that's the only one where I can happily play as a Heterosexual Male.

So no, as homosexual as SR4 could have been it was already too late for it to turn me into a Homosexual Male.

Because Saints Row The Third had already turned me (as in my character) into a Transgender Female.

Jimothy Sterling:

canadamus_prime:

Jimothy Sterling:

Well, I found it amusing! I like your stuff and hope you keep on doing what you're doing!

This is why we need more boobs in gaming. Boobs are so unerrepresented. But if we get more boobs in gaming, then we won't be so constantly indoctrinated by gayness.

I don't think I could make that statement more absurd if I wrote it wearing a bunny costume with a Groucho mask.

Jimothy Sterling:

canadamus_prime:

Jimothy Sterling:

So you're practicing your own advice to game developers.

"Make things you want to make, and think will be fun."

As they say; If you build it, they will come. ;p

Good show today, Jim. =w= b
You too, Yahtzee.

Zachary Amaranth:
I don't think I could make that statement more absurd if I wrote it wearing a bunny costume with a Groucho mask.

Maybe not, but you should try anyway.

I think Yahtzees poem might be about the new Thief game if he's not just talking about all reboots.

I'm thankful I was wearing headphones when listening to Jims poem.

Why does jim do his poetry in a dark room instead of the well lit Jimquisition set? he could just throw up a different banner or something.

But Yahtzee!, not all HD remakes are bad!... well, at least if it doesn't bare Konami's logo... or it's named Silent Hill... well yes, only Silent Hill HD sucks.

RatGouf:
I'm not homophobic but I rather not do things like having to be nude, strip pole dancing, or singing with Pierce as a Heterosexual Male.

I dunno man. You gotta be at least a little homophobic if you think singing with another guy is a homosexual activity.

SupahGamuh:
But Yahtzee!, not all HD remakes are bad!... well, at least if it doesn't bare Konami's logo... or it's named Silent Hill... well yes, only Silent Hill HD sucks.

Agreed. I don't get why anyone would be against HD remakes. Gives people a chance who didn't pick up it the first time to give it a go, there's the possibility of added content, updates to fix gameplay issues or balance, and it's great way to revisit a game for those enjoyed the original. Sure, it can potentially be a mess like the Silent Hill HD collection was, but I think the positives outweigh the negatives.

OK Jim, that first verse got me. You owe me a new keyboard Mr Sterling!

Zacharious-khan:
Why does jim do his poetry in a dark room instead of the well lit Jimquisition set? he could just throw up a different banner or something.

Poetry should always be done in dark rooms.

I've got to say The Gayening is my favorite poem so far. It's truly, truly outrageous. Way to go Jim!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here