A Human Day

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

A Human Day

The writer of Critical Miss brings you another unofficial tale from the Mass Effect universe.

Read Full Article

Goddammit, and I was feeling so good. I'm just gonna grab a box of tissues and take a time out.

Do Drell even have reproductive organs like humans do?

Because if they're like the rest of their bodies, it may... hurt quite a bit.

Did, uhh... did I just enjoy romance-related video game fan fiction? In comic form? On the internet?

Good lord, what will become of me?

Yes Thane. Blasto will imbed itself in your mind. FOREVER! Also on a side note GOD DAMN IT! Why the sadness!?

Zhukov:
Did, uhh... did I just enjoy romance-related video game fan fiction? In comic form? On the internet?

Well, least it was a good fan-fiction.
That was easier to say in my mind.

On topic, it sure was a nice change ... and a damn emotional one at that.
Yet it only reminds me the ending of Mass Effect 3, and we all try not to think of that.
Still, it was nice ...

... I feel like I'm going to tear up and condemn Bioware once again.

Phrozenflame500:
Do Drell even have reproductive organs like humans do?

Because if they're like the rest of their bodies, it may... hurt quite a bit.

Ribbed for her pleasure.

Awesome comic BTW, but all it did was make me really wish I could see my red-headed FemShep wear an N7 hoodie and eat Blasto-O's in the morning.

I hate fanfiction.

More specifically, I hate this concept of "fanfiction", as a separate, inherently less respectable form of creativity than the other stories that happen to be approved by a copyright monopoly.

In art, there are no "original stories", and "stealing", only stories that are ALL derviatively based on one another, yet all adding something new.

Zhukov:

A dangerously open-minded fella who is willing to experiment with new mediums and genres, instead of taking prejudiced, Sturgeon's law ignoring, fandom-shaming stereotypes at a face value.

Beautiful and very poignant, well done to all involved

Decent comic. Touching. And not just in the literal sense.

Quiotu:

Ribbed for her pleasure.

I'm betting more like "serrated for her pleasure" but maybe that's what she's into?

The afternote pretty much summed up my issue with Mass Effect 3's character writing. So much of what they did with Shepard completely went against what I imagined her to be like. It's kind of funny that they did it to try and make Shepard more "realistic" but in doing so made the character feel jarring for me to play as.

It makes me feel kind of sad, because this comic had more of the spark that made me enjoy Mass Effect than ME3 did. It r

Gorgeous artwork too, especially Shepard's design.

Zachary Amaranth:

Quiotu:

Ribbed for her pleasure.

I'm betting more like "serrated for her pleasure" but maybe that's what she's into?

And now all I can think of is the lust scene from Se7en.

Another comic that wants to make me build a time machine to kill the Mass Effect writers and force Bioware to hire these guys...

Fuck you Einstein and your theory of relativity.

Oh hey...a reminder that I indeed have feels...next time try not to sucker-punch them please. I need a few minutes of happy to counter-act that. It was a great comic, don't get me wrong but geeze...

I advise not to do these comics with Shepherd as a central piece. There was literally nothing in this where I could say, "Yep, that's my Shep."

It's a bit too cute for my taste. It doesn't remind me of Shepard as much as someone much younger.
Well made though.

Not one of my favorite Shep pairings, but this one hit me right in the feels.

Woah woah woah, "another"? Somewhere in the Escapist there's a second one of these? I desperately need a link

Good comic. See guys? Fan fiction isn't all bad.

Stuff like this just makes the ending stick out even more, though. Like Grey said, there is potential for lots of in universe stories. There were small stories like that in the original trilogy as well. Details only found in lore, small and insignificant in the grand scheme, but still there to be enjoyed.

What a shame the way it turned out.

That was nice.
I just feel that I'm missing the context. I only played 1 and 2, and also just male shep.
Still, very nicely done.

My hat's off to you sir, my hat's off!

Well this was a treat. :D

Thank you! A meaningful tale and beautifully drawn to boot.

I don't get it
There are no polygons, then how can there be emotions?
Grey, did you rendered this comic on Frostbite or Cryengine?
Because there must be polygons, simply must.
And a lot of them.

P.S. Although must admit Door had more polygons ;)

I liked it, something different from our usual fare, although re: page 7 in particular shows why I'm somewhat dubious about the claims this site is meant to be PG13. Nonetheless, an interesting take on the Mass Effect world.

This is the best thing i've read this year.... It is perfect...
And its a shame than as soon as i reach the end i recall the end of ME3... What a shame. The afternote should have an advice "This afternote may ruin the fan-fiction you just read" :(
MAY YOUR GOD DAMN YOU BOTH BIOWARE AND EA!

Really nice artwork, but the Mass Effect universe does not instill that much emotion into me.

Nonetheless, really good work, but Thane did sound a tiny bit EDI-like during the movies panel.

Just a tiny bit.

sid:
Woah woah woah, "another"? Somewhere in the Escapist there's a second one of these? I desperately need a link

Here you go.

The sixth page made me loose it. And then the rest of them came and I could relate a little. Good play on emotions you managed there!

"I believe I am succeeding" is my QOTM. Thank you and good work!

Zachary Amaranth:

Quiotu:

Ribbed for her pleasure.

So do Drell females have like stainless steel vaginas? Because I'm not sure how that works in any physiological way. Not to ruin someone's fetish or anything but... yeah...

I mean I get some creatures having a system where pain stimulates ovulation (felines), but murdering a vagina Amanda Bynes style I'd think would be a little counter-productive.

Oh my god...a double ensemble of decenct material both from the side of fanfiction and of Critical Miss.

Good job!

Well that was really good. And really sad. Fuck.

Quiotu:

So do Drell females have like stainless steel vaginas? Because I'm not sure how that works in any physiological way. Not to ruin someone's fetish or anything but... yeah...

I mean I get some creatures having a system where pain stimulates ovulation (felines), but murdering a vagina Amanda Bynes style I'd think would be a little counter-productive.

Well, fuck!
I know I'll be hating myself for this, but
What are you referring to?

I didn't get it. Where's the joke? There's no punchline. Not funny. What do you have against white people? Erin's a lesbian.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Great comic guys, all the feels.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook