Escapist News Now: Titanfall's New Classes and No Kinect

Titanfall's New Classes and No Kinect

Andrea checks out Titanfall's newest mechs.

Watch Video

It's honestly no surprise that Titanfall doesn't want to taint itself with the Kinect. Most developers are actively trying to avoid doing so, except for a few voice commands or gimmicks. It's already quickly becoming the "Wiimote Waggle" of this generation.

Right so what looks like the Xbox One killer app (fatally undermined by the PC port) doesn't use Kinect. It really does look like that higher price for Kinect isn't paying off for Microsoft. Typical.

CriticKitten:
It's honestly no surprise that Titanfall doesn't want to taint itself with the Kinect. Most developers are actively trying to avoid doing so, except for a few voice commands or gimmicks. It's already quickly becoming the "Wiimote Waggle" of this generation.

That, and in all friggin honesty, they'd have to have three slightly different versions.
One that pretty much worked with no Kinect at all (pretty easy) for PC
One for the Xbox One for its fancy-pants crap Kinect 2.0 (mandatory for the system)
Then one for the Xbox 360's crappier, yet completely optional Kinect 1.

It be an even bigger waste of cash to do that then.

exobook:
Right so what looks like the Xbox One killer app (fatally undermined by the PC port) doesn't use Kinect. It really does look like that higher price for Kinect isn't paying off for Microsoft. Typical.

Xbox 360 as well. And Respawn isn't even working on half of these versions, they're having ports done by other studios for everything but the Xbox One.

I do desperately loves me some Mechs, makes me wish that Titanfall was a game I was actually interested in playing instead of a multiplayer only frustrationathon.

PedroSteckecilo:

exobook:

Xbox 360 as well. And Respawn isn't even working on half of these versions, they're having ports done by other studios for everything but the Xbox One.

Providing that they just handle porting the code and beating it until it works I'll hold out hope. But then I remember its done by EA and the PC port will force me to us origin so perhaps I'll skip that game then.

My friends are convinced this game is nothing special, until I point out the NPC soldiers who'll be running around to fill up the map with easy targets for awesome kill streaks, and this is essentially where CoD should've ended up if Zampello hadn't left Activision. I'm hoping it'll be the MW1 of this generation. I'm just glad my friends and I play primarily on PC. Whether I can get them to get off BF4 and play this remains to be seen....

And I'm just going to have to be that creepy guy and say that that's a really nice dress Andrea is wearing. Dammit I just had to say it.

So you are still going with titanfall being xbox exclusive when its on PC as well?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here