The Adventures of Hodgkin-Chan

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The IRS NEEDS that a mascot like that

BAKA!

Goddamn, tsundere cancer ward is best cancer ward.

I know the midpoint you speak of, I reached it when both my parents were diagnosed with cancer, both within a few months of each other...

I didn't know IE had a mascot. My life became much worse now :(

I wasn't even aware this was a thing for IE until this strip. It's paying off, really? People are accepting it and not mocking them even more ruthlessly than before? Wow.

The joke is that the robots are your hardware she's crashing.

People still use Internet Explorer. I learned something today.

I downloaded the Windows 8 version of Inori and it was literally the exact same browser but with some favourites in it. The skin didn't work for some reason.

I actually liked it quite a lot, because I'm that much of a moetard, and I'm not even ashamed.

Alternate title: Breaking Baka

I've been screened for just about every possible cancer thanks to a bunch of health problems. You get over it.

Daystar Clarion:

BAKA!

Goddamn, tsundere cancer ward is best cancer ward.

Does your legend date back to the 12th century?

JimB:
People still use Internet Explorer. I learned something today.

How else am I going to download Firefox or Chrome?

Funny thing is, Firefox has had this for years thanks to its animal mascot... Guess they need a better and cuter response, which shouldn't be hard to come by.

What is this...I don't even...

Well, it's funny nonetheless.

I still find the mascot angle as a bit cloying for IE. Although I won't lie, having a hot nurse is amazing in nearly any situation!

Dr.Awkward:
Funny thing is, Firefox has had this for years thanks to its animal mascot... Guess they need a better and cuter response, which shouldn't be hard to come by.

Upgrade to a cute kitsune chick, perhaps?

Hodgkin's Lymphoma is actually one of the most treatable forms of Cancer. Very few die from it and the treatment is usually well tolerated. It's pretty much the "best" cancer you can get as a male in your late 20s, early 30s. Of course, all Cancers have the potential to kill, and Hodgkin's Lymphoma is nothing to laugh at, but yeah, generally speaking there are far scarier cancers out there.

:(

My Hodgkin doesn't look anything like that...

Like many readers here, this is also the first time I have heard this news. Just did a search and found this description on Tom's Hardware:

Her name is Inori Aizawa and she has her own Facebook page. On it, she introduces herself as the personification of Internet Explorer. She also lists Hikaru (Microsoft's Silverlight mascot) as her cousin and says she's close friends with Nanami (Windows 7) and Yuu and Ai (Windows 8). Inori likes surfing the Internet, HMTL5, karaoke, cats (a must for any Internet browser), and mint-flavored ice cream. She has her own email address (inor.aizawa@outlook.com) and is 18 years old (her birthday is the same date the first version of IE debuted).

Inori says she used to be clumsy and slow but has since matured and is confident in her abilities.

I like the way they made her as young as possible whilst still being able to say she is not under age. Can't imagine the backlash that would have occurred if they'd said she was 14. But seriously, who is this aimed at? Her Facebook description sounds like something someone would write to appeal to young female teens whilst her design and age suggests an older audience. Either way, it's still not going to be enough to pull me from Firefox.

The last line is my favourite because it's undoubtedly a lie.

Source: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/internet-explorer-anime-girl,25018.html

Zachary Amaranth:
I've been screened for just about every possible cancer thanks to a bunch of health problems. You get over it.

I'm in a high risk group for colon cancer. Try and convince me that yearly "harbour tours" are something to look forward to. Please. PLEASE!!!!

Storm Dragon:

Dr.Awkward:

Ahri's got you covered.

Oregan: My terminal illness can't be this cute!

RoonMian:

I'm in a high risk group for colon cancer. Try and convince me that yearly "harbour tours" are something to look forward to. Please. PLEASE!!!!

Look forward to? Can't do it. However, I'm only up to 3 and I've gotten used to it.

Then again, maybe this is perspective, because it's actually not the worst thing a doctor's had to do to me.

Anyway, I'm not saying you have to get used to it, but it's fairly common. At least, based on my perspective being surrounded by cancer survivors and high risk folk.

I've lost a lot of people to cancer. I'm well aware of what high-risk people go through.

Zachary Amaranth:

Look forward to? Can't do it. However, I'm only up to 3 and I've gotten used to it.

Then again, maybe this is perspective, because it's actually not the worst thing a doctor's had to do to me.

Anyway, I'm not saying you have to get used to it, but it's fairly common. At least, based on my perspective being surrounded by cancer survivors and high risk folk.

I've lost a lot of people to cancer. I'm well aware of what high-risk people go through.

Bummer. But I doubted anyway that you could have made spelunking in my bunghole into a nice prospect. :(

And of course I'm kidding. It's all better than the alternative. My grandma - being a "rubble woman" after WW2 - waited way too long and endured the pain before she went to the doctor and ended up with an ostomy and later dead. And I actually think she sometimes considered the ostomy worse.

Listen kids: Always go to your cancer screenings.

I was under the impression that Microsoft had anime mascots for all of their software and products in Japan. I've seen their OS mascots a lot... isn't this just a "thing"? I mean corporations have mascots over there and they're anime girls or chibi dudes, right? Or cute animals?

Proverbial Jon:
Like many readers here, this is also the first time I have heard this news. Just did a search and found this description on Tom's Hardware:

Her name is Inori Aizawa and she has her own Facebook page. On it, she introduces herself as the personification of Internet Explorer. Inori says she used to be clumsy and slow but has since matured and is confident in her abilities.

lol, at least Microsoft is willing to admit that IE's usability has been the joke of the internet.

Grey stop making my week with these.

Holy hot damn this one left me gasping for air

Dang, this was good, but not quite good enough; missed an opportunity there:
See, if his nose starts bleeding now, we won't know whether it's because he's so into her as per manga-prescription or it's because of thrombocytopenia caused by the cancer!
At least add some blood drops.

Where can I get a Cancer-Chan body pillow?

...um, for someone else.

Storm Dragon:

Dr.Awkward:

Google Firefox girl. I'd post what I found but I think a kitsune humping the world would get me a warning.

Meh, noobs. This is like the premise of 7 different VNs in one series, it's amazing, both hot and tear-jerking. Tesuti-chan. They're all in Japanese but if you can't read that, then I wonder how you can even live with yourself.

IE has a cute mascot?
I haven't checked for a loooong time, but I somehow doubt IE is usable, yet. Or did they rebuild it from scratch?

Great strip today you guys. I had a gut laugh from that!

Keep up the good work!

It's a pity that Microsoft's IE11 benchmarks turned out to be bullshit. I actually wanted IE11 to be a solid, competitive browser, if only to put a rest to the far too weary "lol IE sux" jokes.

Also, for anyone who hasn't seen the Inori Aizawa video:

Incredibly silly, but in a good way.

Andy of Comix Inc:
I was under the impression that Microsoft had anime mascots for all of their software and products in Japan. I've seen their OS mascots a lot... isn't this just a "thing"? I mean corporations have mascots over there and they're anime girls or chibi dudes, right? Or cute animals?

Most OS-tans are unofficial, although I'm pretty sure most Microsoft products have had official ones for a while now. The difference with Inori Aizawa is they're not confining her to their Asian marketing campaign.

This Wikipedia article doesn't do a terribly good job of distinguishing between official and unofficial thing-tans, but is otherwise a good overview of the phenomenon.

So...anime as the personification of cancer. That works on so many levels.

Moe girls are the best kind of cancer.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or