No Right Answer: Best Archer Ever

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Best Archer Ever

There are two major movies out now with the main character sporting a bow and arrow. Time to measure which one hit the target.

Watch Video

Best thing about the Hunger Games is listening to MovieBob make up funny names to replace "Katniss" in his review videos.

Also Hawkeye! WOO!

I vote for the imaginary Legolas who did this.

Also... MARK NUUUUUUUuuuuutt
Please tell me at least one of you gets it...

C'mon Chris, you picked Katniss? You could have stood a better chance with John Rambo or Robin Hood!

Mikeyfell:

Damn. I they really should have gone with MAAAAARK NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT! Champion archer of the British world.

OT: I was all for Hawkeye, honestly. If the Avengers movie didn't show his skill, the animated series, Earth's Mightiest Heroes, should have shown how good he is all around. The guy was able to convince the Hulk to help out, despite both of them having a regularly bad attitude. Dunno about you, but I find that impressive.

What about old Green Arrow, Hawkeye or even Daryl Dixon? Ok I know the last one uses a crossbow, but he's badass!

SilverUchiha:

Mikeyfell:

Damn. I they really should have gone with MAAAAARK NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT! Champion archer of the British world.

OT: I was all for Hawkeye, honestly. If the Avengers movie didn't show his skill, the animated series, Earth's Mightiest Heroes, should have shown how good he is all around. The guy was able to convince the Hulk to help out, despite both of them having a regularly bad attitude. Dunno about you, but I find that impressive.

FIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH!!

I nominate...

All ten people on this list, but mostly the guy who made #1.

Damn, Chris read my mind before the debate started. Creepy.

EDIT: GUYS I'M VERY CLEVER AND POST BEFORE I WATCH THE VIDEO.

I dunno, I figure I gotta go with Legolas purely for the lack of a Hunger Games game.

Mikeyfell:

Shut up, Gavin! Haha

One, what is that dark haired dude smoking? Catfish never choked and missed? When she was trying to impress the judges, before shooting the apple, she missed the dummy at the range.

The best Archer is arrow/Oliver Queen from wiki (shut up) " Oliver Queen is perhaps the finest archer ever known. He claims to be able to shoot 29 arrows per minute (he stated this himself, in the Sound of Violence story arc, when he corrected Black Canary for saying 26). He has a wide-variety of trick arrows, ranging from bola arrows to time-bomb arrows to his infamous boxing-glove arrow. In recent years he has used these arrows sparingly, preferring the time-tested simple arrow. Green Arrow has shown the ability to shoot an arrow down the barrel of a gun, pierce a drop of water as it leaves a tap, and shoot almost any part of the human body; although he aims only to wound and not kill when he shoots. He once shot two arrows down two different gun barrels while upside down, in mid-flip while somersaulting off a building.

Let's see Catfish or legolas do that!

Also "Martial Arts: He is proficient in several forms of hand-to-hand combat including Judo, Kickboxing, Tae Kwon Do, and Karate. Proclaimed as a martial arts master, he has shown the ability to take on seven people at once. He spent several months dedicated to making himself a better fighter and trained with many of the world's finest martial arts teachers and even went through training from Natas, the same person who trained Deathstroke."

You could have ended the debate a lot faster by mentioning what does Ironman call Hawkeye, Legolas.

stueymon:
What about old Green Arrow, Hawkeye or even Daryl Dixon? Ok I know the last one uses a crossbow, but he's badass!

Daryl basically uses a gun which shoots arrows, not a bow :p

Dr.Awkward:
C'mon Chris, you picked Katniss? You could have stood a better chance with John Rambo or Robin Hood!

Robin Hood, been a badass Archer since almost before Time immemorial (and only just after it, as Richard the 1sts Corrination was for centuries used as the definition of before time immemorial, and Robin hoods legend is based during Richards crusades).

Best Archer of his mythos, check, makes archery look cool, and more effective than anything else as well as aiding movement etc, check, supurb swordsman (and with a range of other weapons), check.

Katniss? Really? Want to know who would have been a better choice than Katniss? As others have mentioned, I'd take Hawkeye, Green Arrow, Robin Hood or how about Odysseus? Damned kids and their newfangled nonsense...

I would have picked Hawkeye, but I'm down with Legolas.

Also, I would like to add my voice to the chorus of MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK NNNNNNNNNNNNUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTT

I don't care what they say, we all know who the real winners are.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Mary's_Trumpet_Call

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szxPar0BcMo

Of the warriors, the Mongols' entire lives were dedicated to not just archery, but horseback archery.

Can I vote for Hawkeye? Except not that Hawkeye, this one. A literal giant who hunts dragons even though he's blind? That's pretty badass.

Also, Legolas is cool.

I'd go with the movie version of Hawkeye, who manages to pull off trick shots that defy physics with a bow that simply shouldn't work. He's just that good

"It was a hard summer"

Oh my.... lol

Anyway, while I agree with the outcome between the two, how is this not just a competition between Hawkeye and Green Arrow?

Verily, such disregard for a superior archer!

Please, the best Archer is this one:

I'm clever. :P

The CW's Green Arrow is my answer, I mean, just look at him and what he does.

Or Mark Nut. Mark Nut was clearly the best ever.

I'm going to vote for Mad Jack, just cause he was not only an Olympic archer, but one of the most badass badasses to ever badass.

But yeah, fictionally, Legolas.

Firefilm:
Best Archer Ever

There are two major movies out now with the main character sporting a bow and arrow. Time to measure which one hit the target.

Watch Video

Seriously,uys? You put a character from the Hunger Games vs Legolas? It should have been Robin Hood from Men In Tights or Green Arrow Vs Hawkeye.

Katniss is a damn good archer. An impressive archer.

... But this really is kind of ridiculous. Legolas is an impossibly good archer, in that what he does with a bow is impossible. It only makes sense to pair him off with another impossibly good archer. I know the new Hunger Games movie came out very recently, but it really should have been either Green Arrow or Hawkeye.

Admittedly, you guy seriously hit the nail on the head with Legolas choking on the olympic-torch orc when it fucking mattered most.

I feel like Katniss isn't really defined by her archerness as much as her refusal to die and her spirit.

Whereas Legolas basically is 'archer dude'. He's not dramatic, he's not really comic relief, he's sort of straightman sidekick to Gimli's funny sidekick but barely even really that. What he is, is a guy with a bow who shoots impossibly well.

So whilst I adore Katniss, this was a pretty sensible result

I'm sorry but the title of most badass archer can only go to one man.

The only man to tour Europe killing Nazi's with a longbow.

'Mad' Jack Churchill.

A real British WWII solider who spent the early part of the war leading small scale counter attacks on German supply depots and communications systems as every other unit was being slowly pushed back to the French coast. What makes that more impressive? He did it for the most part with only a motorbike, a bow, and a broardsword.

After Dunkirk he enlisted in the commando's and led a raid on Norway, playing "March of the Cameron Men" as he lept from the landing craft, grenaded an enemy position, and charged forwards.

2 beach landings later he took a occupied town in Italy taking 42 prisoners largely without a fight. He did that by creeping up to their position, aiming his bow at them, and telling them very loudly and clearly to give up. When asked about it he explained "I maintain that, as long as you tell a German loudly and clearly what to do, if you are senior to him he will cry 'jawohl' and get on with it enthusiastically and efficiently whatever the situation"
He, and all 42 prisoners, then marched back to camp with the wounded being pushed in wheelbarrows and on carts like something from the Napoleonic era.

He was finally captured in Yugoslavia when his attacking force was decimated. He was the last man alive lightly injured, but still had the strength to play "Will Ye No Come Back Again?" on the bagpipes until a grenade knocked him out. It was in that battle he became the last British soldier to kill an enemy with an arrow fired from a bow.

But that wasn't the end. After being sent to a concentration camp in Germany he immediately started to plan an escape. 2 attempts later he successfully walked 100 miles to the American lines and he requested reassignment to Burma as the nukes were dropped. His quote on that is perhaps the most bloodthirsty and unapologetically badass thing ever. "If it wasn't for those damn Yanks, we could have kept the war going another 10 years." Yeah. He wanted to war to continue. He wasn't fighting to win, or to beat the Nazi's. He was fighting because he enjoyed it.

After the war he was shipped to Palestine and fought again, saving the lives of around 700 Jewish doctors in the evacuations.

He retired after that, took up surfing, and reportedly threw a briefcase out of his train home every day.

He died in 1996 at the age of 89.

This has to be more badass, and all round better, than any fictional option. He was a real soldier that went around killing Nazi's with a longbow. Not even Legolas killed Nazi's with a longbow (And if he did I actually want to see that fanfic).
In fact, the Oxford definitions of 'badass' and 'hardcore' have both been replaced with just a picture of 'Mad' Jack Churchill holding his broadsword over his head as he leapt from a landing craft, screaming "COMMANDO!!" at the top of his lungs.

Single Shot:

-snip-

Yeah, this guy wins. Thanks for introducing him to us =)

Single Shot:
'Mad' Jack Churchill.

Ah, crazy World War 2 people. Making you say "that's unrealistic" about real people since, well, World War 2.

Here's hoping they talk about snipers at some point, so we can bring up Simo Häyhä.

If it has to be fictional, wouldn't Hawkeye or Green Arrow be a better choice than Satmiss or whatever she's called?

I agree with the above comments about the criminal lack of Green Arrow & Hawkeye in this debate. By the sounds of it, Katfish doesn't really do much in her story (and those character names will never stop being ridiculous), but Legolas was the much better choice to win.

And I want a movie about "Mad Jack" Churchill right NOW!

My first thought was also Hawkeye. After giving some more thought, how about them Duke boys from The Dukes of Hazard? They tape dynamite to their arrows and shoot them out of a speeding car.

And I thought this episode was about the radio drama. Apparently I'm more British then these Americans :P

Green Arrow.

If you want proof for this episode just how rarely Katnis uses her bow, look here. Though if you take Legolas's kill count as mostly arrow kills, he's much better. Yeah he choked but he also put three arrows into the runner in what should have been lethal shots and the helmet covered the eye slits

So in other words Katniss only looks badass because everyone else sucks. Don't hurt me I haven't actually seen or read The Hunger Games, that's based entirely on what Kyle said. Hurt him.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here