The Escapist Show: Episode 11: Bionic Commando

Episode 11: Bionic Commando

This week, our exclusive interview with the Producer of Bionic Commando, Escapist Film Festival Honorable Mention: The Line and a preview of Zero Punctuation.

This week's musical guest:
Ian Dorsch - "The Escapist Show Theme"

Watch Video

That skit wasn't funny.

Nor was the honerable mention.

The Bionic Commando part was amusing.

"I need something to kill"

Meow

"Here kitty kitty"

That was my favorite part. I'm also looking forward to a new ZP about a game.

I loved the fact that you showed us how many tries it took to get the popcorn gag to work! That was hilarious! Also the full widescreen frame looks great!

I don't think Russ will be happy until he's had every member of the office staff featuring in at least one episode.

You know, I just realized I didn't chase Russ at all in this one.

It's nice to see Russ get his on Jeff for once, not having to always be the fall guy. That and the "here kitty kitty kitty" was pretty hilarious.

PedroSteckecilo:
It's nice to see Russ get his on Jeff for once, not having to always be the fall guy. That and the "here kitty kitty kitty" was pretty hilarious.

And for the record, no cats were harmed during the production of this video :)

The Bionic commando act was great, the honorable mention... not so much. Still the episode was fun, keep up the good work.

Spinwhiz:

PedroSteckecilo:

But the dog probably overdosed on spilt popcorn!

And I thought the Line was pretty funny, sure it doesn't seem to have anything to do with gaming but it still made me laugh out loud a couple of times.

Spinwhiz:

PedroSteckecilo:

Good thing, too. She'

Brian Name:

Spinwhiz:

PedroSteckecilo:

But the dog probably overdosed on spilt popcorn!

Indeed, she did. She was incredibly hyper that evening as a result, too.

"Ben Judd, finally had his game... but what happened next. Would haunt him... for years to come."

Seriously, could that guy be any more melodramatic? Anyway, awesome episode.

The beginning sketch should have been shorter, since the funniest was out-takes for the popcorn scene!

The end sketch didn't have anything to do with gaming - I thought that was a crucial requirement for the film festival?!!?

carnkhan4:
The beginning sketch should have been shorter, since the funniest was out-takes for the popcorn scene!

The end sketch didn't have anything to do with gaming - I thought that was a crucial requirement for the film festival?!!?

Film Festival Rules

While it's a safe bet that a gaming subject matter would appeal to the readers of a gaming website, it was not a guideline that it had to be used.

What we tried to do with the line is toe the "line" of decency in comedy. we firmly believe that done with tact almost and subject matter can be funny. Also it was clear in the rules that the movie did not in any way, shape, or form, have to be about gaming. We just wanted to be funny through clever writing and solid acting. We felt that this site is literally riddled with gaming humor and that something different would be a nice change of pace. We at the line were absolutely thrilled to be an honorable mention in this years film festival and would like any and all constructive feedback we can receive.

Slycne:

carnkhan4:

Film Festival Rules

While it's a safe bet that a gaming subject matter would appeal to the readers of a gaming website, it was not a guideline that it had to be used.

Exactly. All of us with The Line enjoy gaming. A couple of us quite a bit actually. But we felt that 80-90% of gaming humor is rehashed ideas from the same basic jokes done over and over. We wanted to just be funny and intentionally had nothing to do with games in order to be unique in the contest.Our humor is a little different sure, but Russ liked us enough to give us a chance. He really liked some of our other ideas we have planned and we'd love to have the opportunity to show them to you.

nilcypher:
I don't think Russ will be happy until he's had every member of the office staff featuring in at least one episode.

That's a scary thought. *hides*

this skit was not that funny, last weeks was better...

nilcypher:

Actually, I'm just glad to have not gotten beaten up this week.

Chimaera:

nilcypher:

That's a scary thought. *hides*

To be fair, he did a good job last week, filming at the New Year's Party.

The Line was hilarious! Even if it didn't deal with gaming, funny is funny! I would like to see some more episodes from them. There's real potential there.

Aw crap *damnit*!

I just woke up, fired up the lappy, forgot volume was at max and I load the movie. BEEEP.

Ow. :(

The rest was redeeming =)

sirdanrhodes:
That skit wasn't funny.

pyromcr:

You guys are just dead inside :D

Kiroshimatsu:

sirdanrhodes:
That skit wasn't funny.

pyromcr:

You guys are just dead inside :D

IN?side. Nope, I'm just dead.

I liked the interview. Thought it was very interesting. I didn't think the scenery did much to help you see the producer's face...I guess that's what you guys were going for.

Fordo:
I liked the interview. Thought it was very interesting. I didn't think the scenery did much to help you see the producer's face...I guess that's what you guys were going for.

Actually capcom picked the interview location, which happened to be a hotel room balcony. We just tried to get the most interesting shot possible. It was a small balcony.

What's the matter? You don't like the sun setting over Tokyo harbor?

Russ Pitts:

Fordo:

Actually capcom picked the interview location, which happened to be a hotel room balcony. We just tried to get the most interesting shot possible. It was a small balcony.

Nothing wrong with the harbor. I thought it was a great view, but I tend to watch an interview to see the person being interviewed...not so much into the place.

It's a small complaint.

Fordo:

Russ Pitts:

Fordo:

Nothing wrong with the harbor. I thought it was a great view, but I tend to watch an interview to see the person being interviewed...not so much into the place.

It's a small complaint.

Pfft. What is this moon language you're speaking? :)

Moon language!?! Oh! Now you have gone too far Escapist! =P

did i hear that dev guy correctly in him saying their reskinned version of Spiderman was an origional gameplay innovation? Listening to promo ppl talk in these things just makes me wonder if any of them actually play games

Russ Pitts:

Fordo:

Russ Pitts:

Fordo:

It's a small complaint.

Pfft. What is this moon language you're speaking? :)

Pawnt by Russ Pitts

The first sketch was really funny, and I think it was a fairly decent opening to the second sketch, since the first one was about a character from a game in a potentially real life scenario. Like one of the Line creators said, many things in gaming humor come from jokes done over and over plus other games, books, and movies. So it is cool to see characters that could have been in an rpg, and it was pretty funny for those with a good sense of humor.

Oh man... I laughed so hard and so long when he hit the cushion and sent the popcorn everywhere.

The Line was just... crass... Too much swearing.. and.. not enough gag..I can see the humor in it... but.. its just not what I like, entirely personal opinion.

It was interesting to see the insight of what a developer had the idea of. I am now interested in taking a look at Bionic Commando.

As for the line: It was pretty great. My favorite part of it was the interviews with the strippers. Epecially with cock of the walk. I found it interesting and refreshing as it is one the few non gaming videos on here. I would want to see more of their stuff

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 64770)