Unskippable: The Last of Us, Part 2

The Last of Us, Part 2

Don't worry everything will be fine, promise.

Watch Video

I travel 71 pretty often near there.
Yes, it is a dirt road.

That was the coolest thing about the opening of the game for me. "OMG, I know where they are!!"

Yep even in a Zombie Apocalypse you still need to obey the rules of the road.

Nothing Good happens in a Dark Alley? What about Batman?

Well except for that first time, but his rich parents should've known better not to be walking in an alley named, Crime Alley. That would be as dumb as walking into an alley named Zombie Alley.

Soooo... I'm guessing no Part Three?
"Haha, the soldier shot a ten year-old girl. lol."

Makabriel:
Yes, it is a dirt road.

That was the coolest thing about the opening of the game for me. "OMG, I know where they are!!"

;D Plus, if this ever happens, you'll now know what to do, and what not to do!
Anyway;

That was pretty good. The mother joke went on a bit long, but was still alright.

I kind of want a part 3, but also kind of fear it as well. <.<

Makabriel:
Yes, it is a dirt road.

Given that you know the area, what route should they have taken to avoid horrible death?

Being a fire farmer is really tough. Just a single rain shower and all your hard work can be ruined.

Part 3 will be dramatic. Maybe you guys should pull out now and save us all the cringe. Which oddly, is just what my girlfriend said last night.

The voice work was really tight in this episode, not much dead air and all of it really funny. Paul's camera work however...

The fight in They Live was not an exception since it took place in a well-lit alley.

Though I guess the homage in SR4 WAS in a dark alley so that might count.

kailus13:

Makabriel:
Yes, it is a dirt road.

Given that you know the area, what route should they have taken to avoid horrible death?

Being a fire farmer is really tough. Just a single rain shower and all your hard work can be ruined.

Heh, I'd have to play it again to see around where they were (The video is pretty grainy), but of course they took liberties with the location. For the most part the best thing they could have done would be NOT to go to town of course.. I think the city they saw when they were backing out was supposed to be Bastrop.

Man I love They Live, cool of you to bring it up.

(The Spidey-Mary Jane kiss is pretty cute and iconic and that's in a dark alley though right?)

So the group finds vault, but there is only one more space left, so the girl stays there
At least I got the this vibe from intro.
Am I right?

Kakulukia:
Soooo... I'm guessing no Part Three?
"Haha, the soldier shot a ten year-old girl. lol."

I don't know what your talking about, I thought the obvious emotional manipulation was hilarious.

Hey, the girl lived through part 2. So does that mean we get a part 3, or does she get to survive the unskippable?

Turns out that the Armadillo Theatre only screens wildlife documentaries about burrowing land mammals. Now that's my kind of movie theatre!

What the hell, guys? Have some respect. That little girl was better than all of us.

You see what happens when you don't stop for a few seconds to help those people? Trucks violently start attacking you and theaters explode.

PoorCollegeLad:
The voice work was really tight in this episode, not much dead air and all of it really funny. Paul's camera work however...

I know. When he was looking out the back window as the car in front was being swarmed, I wanted to smack that awesome beard off his face.

Aardvaarkman:
Turns out that the Armadillo Theatre only screens wildlife documentaries about burrowing land mammals. Now that's my kind of movie theatre!

You'd think in this age of mental decline and awesome CGi there'd be no market for documentaries in theaters, and yet the Armadillo...

I don't know, man, i just felt like there had to be at least ONE reference to that here even if it's my bad one :/

Really, its only 12 times?

Huh, I would have expected more, but I guess you guys would have been keeping better track than I have.

Johnny Novgorod:
(The Spidey-Mary Jane kiss is pretty cute and iconic and that's in a dark alley though right?)

Yeah, but that only happened after she nearly got raped in that same dark alley. So I guess it cancels eachother out.

RatGouf:
Nothing Good happens in a Dark Alley? What about Batman?

Well except for that first time, but his rich parents should've known better not to be walking in an alley named, Crime Alley. That would be as dumb as walking into an alley named Zombie Alley.

The pedant in me wants to point out that it was only named Crime Alley after the Wayne murders and because of the Wayne murders. So before that it was just a generic dark creepy alley.

I thought the tagline for this one was a trick, but no, turns out the little girl's getting offed in the next one

I still need to finish that game. I can't remember why I stopped.

"They're runnin' from Obamacare. It's probably what caused this whole mess."
Am I wrong about how funny I thought that line was?

(I voted for Romney, so you know.)

Awesome things happen in dark alleys! Where do you live, Victoria? :-)

Casual Shinji:

Johnny Novgorod:

Yeah, but that only happened after she nearly got raped in that same dark alley. So I guess it cancels eachother out.

Also it eventually led to Spiderman 3.

Graham_LRR:
Don't worry everything will be fine, promise.

Why aren't Unskippable and Loading Ready Run showing up on the Escapist front page's "latest" banner lately? Do the new Escapist overlords have something against the Loading Reading Run team or something?

(mumbles dubstep baseline while waiting for the drop)

"Looks like Louis has a good crop of fire this year." I had a guilty laugh over that one.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here