Movie Defense Force: Santa Claus

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Santa Claus

Come with us, to snowy Mexico in 1959, and learn about the definitive Santa Claus legend!

Watch Video

I ama slightly saddened that you chose to deny us the splendour of the laughing Reindeer.

Somehow that actually looks strangely entertaining but weird at the same time..

I now know what movie my family is watching for Christmas

I really suggest everyone check out the MST3K of this movie.
It's probably one of my favourites!

At 2:20 I nearly sprayed my drink over my monitor!
So, thanks for the laugh, Jim!

P.S.
These "Captcha" are ludicrous, they are no longer about fooling bots at all.
They are just COMMERCIALS.

So where is my Megyn kelly joke, Jimmuthy?

I lost it at:

"Santa is an alien, who is also a compulsive voyeur who lives in a magical castle in space and has children perform parades in his honour"

Could care less if a movie is good or not, that line alone should make anyone go see it.

Not often do people catch me unaware with brilliantly WTF material. This is like a Chris Kringle by way of Alejandro Jodorowsky, albeit moderately family friendly.

I know you're a busy guy, but I'd really warm my heart if you do a movie defense force around The Fly 2... It got shit-canned for not being the 1985 Cronenberg classic "The Fly", but with the original's film's special effects guy in the director's chair, it turned out as a great B horror romp and something that would fit the format of this show you do excellently.

I am mexican... and I swear, I didn't know about the existance of this film... at all.

But somehow, now I'm tempted to watch the full thing, just to experience it's glorious wierdness.

No comment about how all the children from the middle east are sitting next to a large stack of rifles?

Also, the MST3K version is AWESOME!

"I didn't even know this was a movie that needed defending!" Sorry, I thought you might feel empty inside if you didn't get that line at least once on every MDF video.

In all seriousness though, this movie was pretty ahead of its time. Now pretty much everyone is trying to take a classic tale that we all know and love and give it a newly twisted background that is steeped in (gritty) lore. Not exactly sure if we should be thankful for this movie being a predecessor for that, but there it is anyway.

WTH did I just watch....is it still Schlocktober?

Ah Jim...continue to be insane, it is ceaselessly amusing!

The only reason I've seen this movie is from MST3K, and it's hilariously awesome. :D

Too bad that the laughing reindeer didn't make an appearance in this, but that scene where Santa shoots that little arrow or whatever that was at Satan's little helper is just as good. :D

I think Jim may need his tongue surgically removed from his cheek after that one. Really good episode of MDF, I hope you capture the magic of this one again some time.

I wonder if Mr.Sterling would accept the suggestion of reviewing the movie Space Truckers... A movie much maligned for the sin of being.... well, Space Truckers.

A movie I like, by the way. This isn't a "let's throw something awful at Jim and see him squirm" kind of suggestion. But more of a "Let's see if the positives (if any) he finds match mine" thing.

This is one of the reasons that the 60s happened after the 50s.

Well, Jim, that was an excellent showcase of humor. Thank you for making me feel better today.

Holy crap, he defended a movie today anyway? And this one? This is one of my favoirte MST3K episodes. But Jim, I don't think you quite got that show. Yes, they liked to comment on the weird things... a lot... but they don't rip it anything apart. The actual feeling I got from the show is that they LIKE whatever they watch.

...this also makes me question your other MDF videos...

Hooray for Santy Claus!

And linking to this would be a giveaway.

I have never heard of this movie. And I love MST3K, which makes me wonder how I missed it socompletely.

Ok, someone needs to write a story where Santa actually IS a sociopathic madman who spies on everyone in the world. Just like someone needs to write a modern comic where Superman was the psychopath he was in the 30s.

http://www.cracked.com/article_20069_5-classic-superman-comics-that-prove-he-used-to-be-dick.html

Alright everybody.
One
Two
Three

NO LUPIDA

interestingly enough this isnt the first time I'd heard of this movie. James Rolfe reviewed this one a few years back.

I'm mildly curious about seeing this film. Perhaps it would be a good double-feature with Santa Claus versus the Martians?

So... this is meant to be insincere praise for the "moral" lessons of the movie at the very least... and yet this isn't an april fools episode... so what was even the point of disingenuously lauding this one then?

Now I want to see a bigger budget version of Alien Santa versus Demons...Make it happen Hollywood! Yes I'm looking at you Asylum studios!

leviadragon99:
So... this is meant to be insincere praise for the "moral" lessons of the movie at the very least... and yet this isn't an april fools episode... so what was even the point of disingenuously lauding this one then?

Because sometimes people like to tell jokes. Shocking, I know.

This episode feels mean spirited. I understand the parody but I don't think it suits with the intent of the show. Usually this show legitimately reframes "bad" movies in such a way that their misgivings are actually benefits, but this episode instead provides a new angle from which to mock this obscure film - which, for posterity, I have not seen.
I think this would have been better suited to a Shlocktober style episode from Movie Bob as opposed to Movie Defence Force. That being said, it's not as if this episode wasn't funny, it was, but the overall impression was actually quite nasty.

I...
Just...
Um...
What...
Brains...
Why...
My honest reaction to this episode.

Weaver:
I really suggest everyone check out the MST3K of this movie.
It's probably one of my favourites!

I second this suggestion. Were it not for MST3K, I wouldn't have even known this movie existed. When I saw the thumbnail for this week's Movie Defense Force featuring Santa and a devil, I immediately knew which movie he was doing.

But yeah, check out the MST3K of this thing, as Weaver said it's one of the best.

What? I wasn't aware that this movie needed defending... oh wait... have to switch that up today?

Umm... i've got nothing.

Damn, i can only find "Santa Claus conquers the Martians" from 1964 as a MST3k episode... hm hm.

Oskuro:
I wonder if Mr.Sterling would accept the suggestion of reviewing the movie Space Truckers... A movie much maligned for the sin of being.... well, Space Truckers.

A movie I like, by the way. This isn't a "let's throw something awful at Jim and see him squirm" kind of suggestion. But more of a "Let's see if the positives (if any) he finds match mine" thing.

I'll second this one, Dennis Hopper chews the hell out of the scenery in that one. And who can forget cyborg Tywin Lannister's pullcord activated power penis? Exactly. As a matter of fact, I'm going to go watch the shit out of that movie right now, thanks.

PatrickXD:
This episode feels mean spirited. I understand the parody but I don't think it suits with the intent of the show. Usually this show legitimately reframes "bad" movies in such a way that their misgivings are actually benefits, but this episode instead provides a new angle from which to mock this obscure film - which, for posterity, I have not seen.
I think this would have been better suited to a Shlocktober style episode from Movie Bob as opposed to Movie Defence Force. That being said, it's not as if this episode wasn't funny, it was, but the overall impression was actually quite nasty.

Hello Mr Grinch, the hospital just called; they say you have a terminal case of No-Sense-Of-Humour syndrome.

So, when are you covering Indiana Jones 4?bl

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or