LoadingReadyRun: The True Meaning of Boxing Day

The True Meaning of Boxing Day

Our favourite children's show host tells us the story of Canada's biggest holiday.

Watch Video

Gibb is that rare holiday treat that made the stinger, and helped move the story along.

By the way, who did write that book?

Hilarious as always. Great to see Gibb again. Now, bring on the YRR of LRR! Been waiting for that since the kickstarter cleared!

Wow! Someone please tell me "Magicland" is actually an adult show made to look like a kids show.

Great video as always (Gibb!!!!) and Maki's drawings as sooo cute!

Two weeks in a row of old Paul characters returning! I hope the head of Evil Inc. and the Warriors of Darkness appear soon, maybe have a big fan service video in the final season like Rapstar 64K or Loading Ready Rumble. I can see it now, Loading Ready Rumble 2: The LRR Games. With a bunch of the ones from the original, plus Johnny, Roscoe, the angel Gabrielle, PS3/PS4 guy, The Whole Story guy (getting into a battle with regular Story guy perhaps?, and other newer favorites. Maybe expand it into your other shows and have the Checkpoint hosts, Memeified Beej, and Ron Dewings.

Heh and I thought this episode would be similar to their other documentry episodes.

vxicepickxv:
Gibb is that rare holiday treat that made the stinger, and helped move the story along.

By the way, who did write that book?

Well, we did really. On the cover we said the author is "Bianca Fern-Bustforth Williams"

Graham_LRR:
Well, we did really. On the cover we said the author is "Bianca Fern-Bustforth Williams"

So the Yoga book writer has branched out into kids books?

Cool, good to see the old girl's still going strong!

The god Kraken?
Ok, you got me there :D

I hope we see more from Gibbs ... or alternatively from the twins!

Geisterkarle:
The god Kraken?

I think they come as a set...

OT: You forgot to mention the Boxing Day tradition of returning Christmas gifts and re-purchasing them on sale, netting a lofty average of $15 at the small price of a few hours and the last shreds of your humanity.

Boxing day is the best day of the year damn it.
The most wonderful day of the Australian year; it involves Test match Cricket!

You wake up , hungover, Grab some ham and beer to then sit down in front of the Tv to watch the greatest game of the year.

I love Boxing day!

...but we all know that Simon is really going to be playing with his four PS4s.

At next E3 I hope to see God of War: Boxitus' Revengening.

Gibb and Simon!

One of the best of the old LRR sketches, hands down.

Hell, the LRR could probably get Comedy Central to turn this sketch into a full parody show. Its just that good.

No.

no no no no no.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Boxing day is for watching the Hobbit! (It comes out here then.)

I almost didn't recognise Paul with that beard and without the glasses.

This definitely has to be one of my favourite LRR sketches to date.

No Christmas would be complete without twins.

Great sketch, guys.

I feel this episode would have benefited from being a "The Whole Story". Still good though.

Thunderous Cacophony:

Geisterkarle:
The god Kraken?

I think they come as a set...

OT: You forgot to mention the Boxing Day tradition of returning Christmas gifts and re-purchasing them on sale, netting a lofty average of $15 at the small price of a few hours and the last shreds of your humanity.

Ha ha! Come.
I've been working at Macy's since November and I've seen some of that happen already.
btw, that puppet is awesome! I have to find the older sketches he was in.

Considering whenever they have multiples of the same person in a video it's always Paul. Ima guess Paul is the "twins".

Was that a... Mopkin?

Ah yes, Boxing Day.

Test Cricket, start of the Sydney to Hobart yacht race and the barbarian invasions of the shopping centres.

Boxing Day... Or, as I like to call it: "Grown-up Christmas".

Where we go watch the Rugby and get absolutely fucking hammered. Also, drink some beers.

Ha ha... See, it's a play on words, because my team sucks.

"Twins"

Okay, you got me. Eggnog is being mopped up from laughing.

I also love how this makes us Canadians look far more capitalistic. XD

Where did you found that puppet. It looked awesome.

I like how you specified "American" Thanksgiving. Because everyone knows our Thanksgiving is just an excuse for a day off.

Loved the art, it went really well with the story. Also, thanks for the explanation about Boxing Day.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here