Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Videogame Kisses

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Top 5 Videogame Kisses

Lisa gets all mushy this week with the top five kisses in videogames.

Watch Video

Great top 5 as always and I expected Tidus and Yuna to be on it and was not disapointed :D

No Locke and Rachel? Sad. ... There should have been more kissing in that game, really. One day I'll get my actual remake of it. >.>

Good list. I hated Chloe, too. Was always bitching at Nathan to stick with Elena and get away from that other thing with the weird mouth.

I suddenly want to play all the Layton games.

Heh! Chulip clip was from Gamegrumps ^_^

Tidus and Yuna's kiss should have been the most awesome thing ever, but all I could think of was how totally off-model the fully rendered CGI scene was compared to the half-arsed blocks you drive around for most of the game. Took me out of it completely.

Sorry, I was more into Tali'. Liara was more my.. good friend. Confidant.

I'm glad to see that Layton kiss on the list as that is one of the powerful moment in the game (I think that is one of the rare time we get to see Layton going "screw logic!").

And here I thought Layton was the most asexual thing ever.

The creepiest kiss in video games has got to be the Ashley nose suck from Mass Effect 3.
Oh dear god the clipping issues. Y U So Scary!

Jut want to say, yes I am drunk, but I actually happened to play/complete for the first time (exclusding superbosses/monster arena), FFX, and at that kiss, and the reminder of that kiss, I just said LUL outloud. That said, everything else was fine/perfect, and I do appreciate/understand all the top tens. Love you Lisa, and keep up the good work, this was the last thing I watched before I went off to my local club.

Ah yes, THAT SCENE from FFX.

I think I speak for us all when I say: RIGHT IN THE FEELS!

Wait a second, TIEDUS?! I think you'll find it's pronounced, Tee-dus, Lisa.

That moment took me by surprise the first time I played FFX. In a fantastic way, because Suteki da ne is a stunning song and it was a real ballsy move from Square to show that kind of growth in Tee-dus.

Really dug the list and I agree with your choices Lisa, well done!

Have a great Happy New Year! :)

You know, I've never done the New Years smooch thing. Anyway good list.

I was happy to see Nate and Elena at number 1, they're probably my favorite video game couple. I never really understood why Liara is nearly everyone's favorite LI in the Mass Effect series. I like her well enough, she's definitely not the worst character around, but I never got the appeal.

I don't really have an opinion about the choices...

But, a list about the Top 5 Kisses that doesn't include the Last kiss scene from The Princess Bride? Inconceivable.

Oh I shed tears at Tidus' demise alright, tears of joy.
They actually didn't bullshit a way for him to stay alive or whatever, I was so happy to see him piss off.
What? I just really didn't like him. I guess I felt a little bad for Yuna but whatever, she got over it.
Man, now I'm reminded of FF7 as well.
Aaahh, good times.

I haven't played that weird game thing you mention, but the creepiest kiss has to be in the beginning of The Darkness. Not because it's bad, quite the opposite - it's a long sequence in which your character is just chilling with his girlfriend and it's super emotional and charming. And then she kisses you... and because it's a first person game that consists on her getting so close to the camera that her head is twice the size of a normal head and kiss the bottom of your TV/monitor from the inside. The game accidentally switches gears from cozy to creepy so quickly its crankshaft falls out. The game is still pretty good though, despite Escapists probably thinking of it as a deliberate shotgun reloading simulator, and it's so old you'll probably be able to get it by throwing a tenner on the ground near a Gamestop, so I recommend it.

Yo Lisa, that's a cool list an' all, and Ima let you finish but...

Squall & Riona in space.
Just sayin'.

GODDAMNIT WHERE ARE MY LAYTON GAMES!!!

This just reminded me how long I've been waiting for english localizations of those games. AA vs PL still needs to be shipped over here and it's been so long!

On another note, The Random One is totally right.

The most awkward kisses are the first person ones because those NEVER work out. That's why you close your eyes when you kiss someone because keeping them open would just give you that same image from The Darkness, with someone's face WAY to close to yours.

Oh C'mon Lisa, you had a prime opportunity to show an LGBT kiss with number 4 and you couldn't have missed it harder, why yu no Femshep huh? I could accept that you play male Shep even if I find him to be entirely too boring to accept as anything close to canon, but I refuse to believe you'd be the captain generic version if you did. Be honest, that was the equivalent of internet stock footage wasn't it? If that's the case, then I'm sure there would also be similar footage out there for that scene with femshep, as such the choice you went with is rather baffling.

I mean... I wouldn't have minded so much these all being blandly inoffensive heteronormative kisses so as to not offend anyone delicate enough to let a gay kiss get to them, but really? You bring up a Bioware game and you don't even acknowledge the rainbow?

Happy New Year, Lisa! It's always great to see your vids! Let the new year be more awesome for you and all of us. =)

It's okay Lisa, I have that problem too....maybe we should start a support group?

Personally I think the kiss between ashley and MShep right at the end "I don't want you to go" had more impact. Partly because it's the first time I found Ash to be somewhat human.

Who told Lisa about "6"? Banish the thought!

Someone else mentioned this but FFX's "Suteki Da Ne" scene was never remotely as powerful as FFVIII's "Eyes on Me" scene. Sorry.

But, really UNCHARTED? I went the entire Uncharted 1 convinced that Elena was some enemy agent, simply due to her constant stupidity and survivability in the face of danger. I was really relieved when Claudia Black showed up and pushed her to the side... only to have her nonsensically show back up. BLEH!

Mass Effect is, far and away, my favorite gaming series, but I don't really think it deserves a spot on this list. There are moments in 1, 2, and especially 3 that are so much more emotionally powerful than the romance that pretty much kick that aspect of the game down a bit. Seriously, even the "goodbye" dialogue with a non-romanced Jack hit me in the gut. So much of that game was better than its romance options.

"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong."

Or, god, if you made questionable choices, the sheer gut wrenching power of:

"I MADE A MISTAKE!"

Professor Layton and the Lost Future really made me sad. I didn't see it coming since the games have usually been quite light hearted. Even people dying in those games have usually turned out to be people disappearing, people being robots or something of the sort. Then something cracks the image of the perfect gentleman that we've become used to and that is followed by one of the few actual deaths in the entire series.

Brilliant ending.

Alarien:
Someone else mentioned this but FFX's "Suteki Da Ne" scene was never remotely as powerful as FFVIII's "Eyes on Me" scene. Sorry.

But, really UNCHARTED? I went the entire Uncharted 1 convinced that Elena was some enemy agent, simply due to her constant stupidity and survivability in the face of danger. I was really relieved when Claudia Black showed up and pushed her to the side... only to have her nonsensically show back up. BLEH!

Mass Effect is, far and away, my favorite gaming series, but I don't really think it deserves a spot on this list. There are moments in 1, 2, and especially 3 that are so much more emotionally powerful than the romance that pretty much kick that aspect of the game down a bit. Seriously, even the "goodbye" dialogue with a non-romanced Jack hit me in the gut. So much of that game was better than its romance options.

"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong."

Or, god, if you made questionable choices, the sheer gut wrenching power of:

"I MADE A MISTAKE!"

Or the tear-inducing: "Legion... the answer is yes."

Right in the damn feels, BioWare.

Ok, I'm really missing Cloud und Barret here!

Planescape: Torment had a great moment when The Nameless One kisses fiendish Annah-of-the-Shadows. Visually not much (as it's an old Infinity Engine game), but the text box describes how Annah's body stiffens, how she gently bites him, how her infernal blood starts to heat her body so much that it almost burns the Nameless One, etc. It takes a couple of years before Nvidia and über-HD graphics can deliver anything like that.

Ummm, I haven't played Uncharted 2 for a long time so I can't remember exactly what Chloe sounds like. But I know for sure that Claudia Black is Australian, not Britsh-y, as Lisa stated.

Mikeyfell:
The creepiest kiss in video games has got to be the Ashley nose suck from Mass Effect 3.
Oh dear god the clipping issues. Y U So Scary!

Hah, did you hack the gamesave to have Femshep romance her? It looks even more hilarious!

Alarien:

(snip)

I never much cared for FFX. The only thing that endeared Tidus to me was that he "died" in the end. I just couldn't take him seriously at all. Conversely, Zidane I totally accepted, once I got past the tail thing.

And, although Squall defined "emo" before the term existed, I love FF8. The love story was extremely refreshing, considering what I usually see in anime romances.

Also glad to see I'm not alone in preferring Claudia Black's (Zoe) character to Elena. Still, it was handled well enough, and I certainly didn't hate Elena.

Two games that did romance pretty well were The Darkness and The Darkness II, both had great a very well done kissing scene.

Whaaat, I missed watching a New years eve-top 5 on New years eve? *Mumbles* Stupid social Life, with their stupid parties

Sadly, I still haven't played The Force Unleashed II because I'm waiting for a Steam sale to bring it under ten bucks, so I had to stop watching. Not that I found it spoilerific or anything (considering they had an obligatory romance in the first game), I just don't want to see any possible spoilers that go along with the scene.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here