Obscure Resolutions Are Easier To Keep

Nick Lerman:

It's going to be a long year.

Read Full Article

Then we'd best get on not eating those flies.

This year I have resolved not to drink formic acid.

It's a long shot but i think I can manage it.

Speaking as an English person, I will always drink tea no matter the provenance.

The chicken one I can keep. I don't like chicken.

Where do you even find an untouched unicorn skull? They sell for mad bank, so people are always looking for them.

Sometimes I do not understand what these comics are about but when I do, its a treat that makes me smile.

I love these. I may not eat a chicken that has marinated in the moonlight but from that picture I will most definitely chase a chicken running along a beach in the moonlight. Especially if its a beheaded, plucked and marinated chicken because it must then by definition be undead.

God of Path:

Nick Lerman:

It's going to be a long year.

Read Full Article

Then we'd best get on not eating those flies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanita_muscaria

just in case you were thinking of eating that too

I do find it entertaining.... especially the unicorn one.

I actually want to mini-hijack this and post my actual resolution:

I plan to buy less than 10 games for myself in the next year.

Just an FYI, during December, I purchased approximately 40.

SkarKrow:

kailus13:
Speaking as an English person, I will always drink tea no matter the provenance.

What if the tea was, in fact, FORMIC ACID?

Now don't get me wrong, formic acid in small doses can be delicious.
It's what gives the chocolate-covered ant its unami.

Nick Lerman:

SkarKrow:

kailus13:

Ah the delicious tang of the ants venom pouch bursting on o nes palette is nigh unrivalled int he ecstacy it can bring, however a teapot of formic acid may well prove to be a tad too much of that delightful tang and could even stand to ruin elevnses itself.

kailus13:

Being a modern Englishman I don't drink tea really, I much prefer a good cup of coffee, preferably black or americano, no sugar.

Perhaps a dash of amaretto to taste~

The navel gag made me bust out a full blown laugh. Nice one Nick. Thanks!

Nick Lerman:

SkarKrow:

kailus13:

Now I'm craving chocolate-covered ants. Where am I meant to find chocolate covered ants in England?

SkarKrow:

kailus13:

Being a modern Englishman I don't drink tea really, I much prefer a good cup of coffee, preferably black or americano, no sugar.

Hand in your top hat and monocle, you no longer deserve them.

kailus13:

Nick Lerman:

SkarKrow:

kailus13:

Now I'm craving chocolate-covered ants. Where am I meant to find chocolate covered ants in England?

SkarKrow:

kailus13:

Hand in your top hat and monocle, you no longer deserve them.

Please, real englishmen wear bowler hats and carry umbrellas.

Hand them in at once!

FoolKiller:

Out of curiosity, would free games count? Like, would downloading Team Fortress 2 for free count as one of your ten?

I resolve to not go vegan.

It's hard, but someone's got to not to it.

amaranth_dru:
I love these. I may not eat a chicken that has marinated in the moonlight but from that picture I will most definitely chase a chicken running along a beach in the moonlight. Especially if its a beheaded, plucked and marinated chicken because it must then by definition be undead.

Zombie marinade is totally underrated. Tastes like chick..Oh, wait.

I have resolved to not teleport any unnecessary kittens to Mars this year.

TheRiddler:

FoolKiller:

Out of curiosity, would free games count? Like, would downloading Team Fortress 2 for free count as one of your ten?

No. As I said, I plan to BUY less than 10. A free acquisition is not a purchase. I could also get one as a gift.

My friend had a better question though. Does a Humble Bundle count as "1 game" or do I count each game in the bundle as separate?

My resolution?

Don't develop vorephilia, scatophilia, or emotophilia.

That might be pretty hard to keep, though.

FoolKiller:

TheRiddler:

FoolKiller:

No. As I said, I plan to BUY less than 10. A free acquisition is not a purchase. I could also get one as a gift.

My friend had a better question though. Does a Humble Bundle count as "1 game" or do I count each game in the bundle as separate?

I'd say that since they're being bought together in one package, I'd just have one bundle count as one game. Obviously up to you, though.

I'm a little confused on the wording of that last one. Is it implying that you used to mess with your navel to the point where it became angry, and that this an activity you have resolved to cease, or that you have resolved to not mess with your navel up until the point where it becomes angry with you, when you will presumably mess with it again?

SkarKrow:

Only outside. Are you telling me you don't carry all 4 items? What do you use your ever-present briefcase for?

SirBryghtside:
I'm a little confused on the wording of that last one. Is it implying that you used to mess with your navel to the point where it became angry, and that this an activity you have resolved to cease, or that you have resolved to not mess with your navel up until the point where it becomes angry with you, when you will presumably mess with it again?

If it's already angry with you, you may as well mess with it. It can hardly make things worse.

FoolKiller:
I plan to buy less fewer than 10 games for myself in the next year.

Thou art a braggart with thine 40 games, methinks!

I resolve to stop correcting grammar on gaming threads. Dammit!

Oh well, as long as I am at it...here's some good natured ribbin for everyone. A SPLIT INFINITIVE is the placing of a superfluous word (typically an adverb) in between the word "to" and the verb of an infinitive phrase. This is considered bad grammar and likens you to lichens on the cerebral evolution scale. So, change your Newe Year's resolutions from "to not XXXX" this year. Please try "not to suck" at grammar. (...speaking as an Englishman man of English.)

Well done again, Nick!

kailus13:

SkarKrow:

Only outside. Are you telling me you don't carry all 4 items? What do you use your ever-present briefcase for?

SirBryghtside:

If it's already angry with you, you may as well mess with it. It can hardly make things worse.

Briefcase? The briefcase is for show good sir, if it were sstolen I'd be helpless. I use my enlighs powers to will the needed items into existence from the bodies of vanquished frenchmen.

I've already broken all of my resolutions.
I'll try even harder, next year.

Nick Lerman:
I've already broken all of my resolutions.
I'll try even harder, next year.

No one can resist the call of the navel...

Mocmocman:

No one can resist the call of the navel...

I always dread that call.
It never knows when to get off the phone.
Eventually I run out of things to say and feelings get hurt.

I will be resolute in my choice not to attempt time travel.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here