Happy New Year

Happy New Year

Marching into 2014.

Read Full Article

17 Health regen a second?

She doesn't have Tranqs on does she?

I'd wish you a happy new year, but Penny Arcade probably did it first.

No they didn't, thank you and happy new year!

At least there's no imaginary characters. Maybe she really is cur- wait, is that a bear?

Thunderous Cacophony:
At least there's no imaginary characters. Maybe she really is cur- wait, is that a bear?

That is Charles D'bear he's one of the old characters that kind of got forgotten about

First appearance http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/critical-miss/7764-13

Couldn't of been a real new years eve party, theres a full bin bag already and theres no puddles of puke. Even I woke up next to a puddle of puke; and I'm not that exciting.

Wait, how is it that Erin is the only one not passed out? HAX!

Thunderous Cacophony:

Hey, the bear works hard too. Vut him some slack.

canadamus_prime:

Crazy insulates her brain frmo the effects of alcohol.

Uh-oh. Someone better cast Esuna...

Is it just me, or has the workplace setting, aside from Erin and Cliff, been completely abandoned?

I think Charles would be an interesting character. An intellectual, walking bear who works in game journalism is probably one of the easier to digest things in this comic, though.

Remember folks, white numbers are healing, red is damage and green is poison. Erin better get an Antidote or a cast of Esuna mighty quick.

Not only do I get my racial bonus of +10 to Alcohol Recovery, I have also researched Water Theory, and have put it to devastating practice. Come, Hangover. Let me see what pass for fury among your misbegotten kind.

Sadly, it does not seem to amuse those that aren't immune very much. But a true gentleman makes everyone coffee, so I've avoided getting my chirpy arse thrown out the window.

Zachary Amaranth:

canadamus_prime:

her game obsession has given her a health tick, hence she can't be drunk like wolverine or deadpool!

at-least that's how i choose to interpret it :P

"I'd wish you a happy new year, but Penny Arcade probably did it first." -Cory and Grey

HA!

I'd love to see more of the original office staff, I love Penny the graphics editor. :D

There's no other New Year's party quite like a Super Smash Bros Melee (or Mario Party 4-to-7) party.

Happy New Year!! Looking forward to more of these comics ^_^

Also, Eren is strong willed to be the only one standing when I KNOW she'd be mostly likely to pass out first.

All this and I noticed the gamecube first.

wewt! There's a 64 in there too! At least, I'm 90% sure the left console, or center if you're adding the Gamecube, is a N64.

The Lugz:

Zachary Amaranth:

canadamus_prime:

her game obsession has given her a health tick, hence she can't be drunk like wolverine or deadpool!

Are you sure that's not alcohol "poisoning"? That's kinda how I was interpreting the ticking numbers.

Saltyk:

The Lugz:

Zachary Amaranth:

Are you sure that's not alcohol "poisoning"? That's kinda how I was interpreting the ticking numbers.

I'm not sure of very much in life and only truly insane people are, but she's awake and everyone else is floored and it just made sense that way but you could be right about the original intention, green could be health or poison I suppose.
anyhow, it's a piece of art so interpret it how it best makes sense to you.

#Edit#
I had another look at it, it does say 17 in green, and not -17 or in a negative colour.. so i still like my theory I'm pretty sure Erin would be dead from -17 health ticks pretty quick she's a skinny game reporter that lives on junk food i don't imagine she has an epic health pool, but i could be wrong.. hey, i have an idea!

cory, grey, what's it all mean bro?!?!?

I don't even read Penny Arcade.
What's with the inferiority complex?

otakon17:
Remember folks, white numbers are healing, red is damage and green is poison. Erin better get an Antidote or a cast of Esuna mighty quick.

I thought purple was poison. the colour choice is confusing to me. Is it supposed to be 17 health regen a sec or 17 poison damage? the latter makes more sense...

rhodo:
I don't even read Penny Arcade.
What's with the inferiority complex?

It's a joke at the expense of people who see a gaming webcomic and assume it's knocking off Penny Arcade.

The Wooster:

It's a joke at the expense of people who see a gaming webcomic and assume it's knocking off Penny Arcade.

Wasn't there a bear in one of their comics once? You are totally ripping off Penny Arcade.

Its not a party until someone whips out the Nintendo Gamecube

Zachary Amaranth:

The Wooster:

Wasn't there a bear in one of their comics once? You are totally ripping off Penny Arcade.

Doesn't Penny Arcade have people in it? They're totally ripping off Penny Arcade

PoolCleaningRobot:

Doesn't Penny Arcade have people in it? They're totally ripping off Penny Arcade

Oh, and a two word title? I mean, could they be any more obvious?

azurine:
All this and I noticed the gamecube first.

But did you notice it had Playstation controllers hooked up to it?

"Excedrin headache #17"

The Lugz:

Saltyk:

The Lugz:

I'm not sure of very much in life and only truly insane people are, but she's awake and everyone else is floored and it just made sense that way but you could be right about the original intention, green could be health or poison I suppose.
anyhow, it's a piece of art so interpret it how it best makes sense to you.

#Edit#
I had another look at it, it does say 17 in green, and not -17 or in a negative colour.. so i still like my theory I'm pretty sure Erin would be dead from -17 health ticks pretty quick she's a skinny game reporter that lives on junk food i don't imagine she has an epic health pool, but i could be wrong.. hey, i have an idea!

green tends to be poison in things like the elder scrolls and pretty unsuprising from walkinng in to that environment.. you'd need a hazat team
cory, grey, what's it all mean bro?!?!?

Johny_X2:

otakon17:

I thought purple was poison. the colour choice is confusing to me. Is it supposed to be 17 health regen a sec or 17 poison damage? the latter makes more sense...

nah green in the elder scrolls and its never a negative number as such, just displays damage

What's up with the blinking 17?

Thunderous Cacophony:

Yeah, you gotta love the bear. I mean, there's a friggin' bear in the corner. It's got this 'The Hangover' vibe to it, you know?

Smertnik:
What's up with the blinking 17?

Glad I'm not the only person who had that gag sail over them....

In any case, Happy New Year too you guys!

(and please, don't bring back the office setting- the comics you made after leaving that behind have been the stronger for it)

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here