Which Marine from Aliens Are You?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Get on the ready line, marines! In this week's quiz, we're looking back at James Cameron's classic sci-fi action film at offering up a quiz to help you find out which rough-and-tumble hero from Aliens you just might be!

Take the quiz!

Corporal Hicks, not bad, if I'm thinking of the right guy he's one of the few survivors at the end of the film right?

Also, what's up with that posting date on the OP?

JoJo:
Corporal Hicks, not bad, if I'm thinking of the right guy he's one of the few survivors at the end of the film right?

Yep.

But hooray, I got Ripley. Awesome.

I got Hicks, I'm cool with that :)

Anybody who gets Vasquez has my undying admiration.

JoJo:

Private Hudson
Private Hudson

Take this quiz

I was totally going for this.

Johnny Novgorod:

JoJo:

And gets killed offscreen between Aliens and Alien3.

Private Hudson
Private Hudson

Take this quiz

I was totally going for this.

game over man, gamer over

Johnny Novgorod:

JoJo:

Ah well, you win some, you lose some :-P

Dire Trout:

Yep.

The second part of your spoiler really does sound like as an asspull, guess they had to crowbar the fan stuff in somewhere right? Welcome to the Escapist anyhow, just don't go into the basement, I hear xenomorphs lurk down there >.>

JoJo:

The Escapist staff are obviously missing their nans.

I haven't seen Aliens, but judging by my usual luck Corporal Hicks is one of the ones who dies horribly. Either that or I actually get to live for once!

kailus13:

JoJo:

I haven't seen Aliens, but judging by my usual luck Corporal Hicks is one of the ones who dies horribly. Either that or I actually get to live for once!

Depends which canon you follow. Hicks dies between Aliens and Alien3. Before that there was a comic book series that followed Hicks and a couple more survivors after Aliens. And now we have Colonial Marines, where he's also alive. So he's dead in the movies and alive in comics/games, probably from fan backlash.

I got Apone. Was hoping for Ripley or Vasquez, but I'm happy with Apone.

kailus13:

JoJo:

Heh, it was like that for me at first, then the last few times I've returned to this thread it's been alternating between 1905 and 1969. My best guess is that the Escapist Staff are currently stuck in an unstable time loop and are desperately trying to send out a message for help by posting this thread at different dates throughout history.

Johnny Novgorod:

kailus13:

JoJo:

Depends which canon you follow. Hicks dies between Aliens and Alien3. Before that there was a comic book series that followed Hicks and a couple more survivors after Aliens. And now we have Colonial Marines, where he's also alive. So he's dead in the movies and alive in comics/games, probably from fan backlash.

*Googles* Death during cryo sleep. Not a bad way to go. Prefferable to being in Colonial Marines at least. :P

EDIT: After multiple attempts, I have Apone, Hicks, Hudson, Ripley, Vasquez, Gorman, and Bishop. Are there any other badges like Newt or Burke?

Sergeant Apone
Sergeant Apone

Take this quiz

Alright, sweethearts, you heard the man and you know the drill. Assholes and elbows!

I'm gonna take this quiz again and see if I can get the other badges like Hicks, Hudson, and Ripley.

Got ripley, well I am normally the last marine to die in AvP infestation mode.

Bishop
Not bad for a human

How weirdly appropriate. But only by the name. Corporal Hicks. Never really saw an alien movie though.

Ripley was a wuss and so was the alien queen, there was only one real kick ass bitch!

Private Vasquez
Private Vasquez

Take this quiz

I got Hudson first time, because I'm an ultimate badass. And I was aiming for Bill 'Fuck you I'm fabulous' Paxton.

Mr. Q:
snip

The eighth is Drake, although I think the badge image is broken at the moment. You can check on the My Escapist link up at the top of the page, next to Forums and just about your avatar.

The Escapist Staff:
alert snip

Hello lovely staff-shaped people! Is the Drake badge a bit borked just now? Image not loading in My Escapist. I've not achieved the Drake result in the quiz yet, so I don't know if that aspect is working properly.

edit: got the Drake result fine, just the badge image itself is borked for now.

rhizhim:

game over man, gamer over

Since we don't actually see Hudson die, I like to think that he beat the alien to death with his fists. Crawled through the ventilation tunnels and made it outside. The whole way he was punching aliens to death. Then he found a space ship, hopped in it and escaped the planet.
Now he flies through space, spouting awesome one-liners whilst kicking the heads off of xenomorphs.

Ellen Ripley.
I have one enemy and I know how to handle it.
Also.
Planets and spaceships... Fuck em!
Either blow them up for ram them into each other.

I just need to know one thing: where they are. ...Cuz I got Vasquez.

Private Vasquez
Private Vasquez

Take this quiz

Private Drake
Private Drake

Take this quiz

Hahaha, I was just answering with all honesty and got this... whow.

I honestly had to look into his profile on Google to know who he was exactly. Happy with this result because he wasn't a bad person nor was he anything 'lousy'. Heck he was really good friends with the hardcore marine Vasquez and was quite a boss.

It's a pity that Vasquez Always Dies, but it could've been worse. At least it's not the officer.

Turns out I'm Hicks, according to the quiz. So that means I get killed by a *beep* safety beam in the first five minutes of a mediocre sequel, then retconned back into existence in a *beep* video game. Well, so much for that...

Caramel Frappe:
Private Drake
Private Drake

Take this quiz

Hahaha, I was just answering with all honesty and got this... whow.

I honestly had to look into his profile on Google to know who he was exactly. Happy with this result because he wasn't a bad person nor was he anything 'lousy'. Heck he was really good friends with the hardcore marine Vasquez and was quite a boss.

Cool! How did you score that one? I've been plugging away at the quiz and got almost all the badges but his.

I'm apparently Ripley. So I live.

I'm down with that.

Interesting timing to have an Aliens quiz when Aliens: Isolation was apparently added to the Steam registry...

ㅇㅅㅇ

Sergeant Apone
Sergeant Apone

Take this quiz

Not bad at all.

JoJo:

Johnny Novgorod:

JoJo:

Ah well, you win some, you lose some :-P

Dire Trout:

Yep.

The second part of your spoiler really does sound like as an asspull, guess they had to crowbar the fan stuff in somewhere right? Welcome to the Escapist anyhow, just don't go into the basement, I hear xenomorphs lurk down there >.>

Oh, I've been around a while. I just lost the password to my old account and couldn't remember which email address I used. Well, whatever--I like this username better anyway.

But yeah, I played that whole damn game, and to this day I don't know why I bothered.

Private Drake
Private Drake

Take this quiz

I...do not remember who this guy is. Which is weird because that scar makes him kind of distinctive. Shame my brain keep trying to tell me he's one of the terrorists from Die Hard...

Private Vasquez
Private Vasquez

Take this quiz

Hudson: Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?
Vasquez: No. Have you?

(Captcha - total shamble)(captcha agrees with the reviews)

Sergeant Apone
Sergeant Apone

Take this quiz

"A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade!"

for me

i just got...

I guess i can only say;

Its actually odd, because it only popped as a badge i earned, my quiz result page is just empty....

Private Hudson
Private Hudson

Take this quiz
Not Vasquez, but I'll live.

Mr. Q:

Caramel Frappe:
Private Drake
Private Drake

Cool! How did you score that one? I've been plugging away at the quiz and got almost all the badges but his.

Can't remember how I got it, I was just spamming answers to nab all the badges. Try going the most violent routes[1], taking smartgun/flamethrower/explosives options. I'm guessing that on the fact Drake used a smartgun and ditched it for a flamethrower when he ran out of ammo, before dying to acid.

Pallindromemordnillap:
I...do not remember who this guy is. Which is weird because that scar makes him kind of distinctive. Shame my brain keep trying to tell me he's one of the terrorists from Die Hard...

Drake is the other smartgunner along with Vasquez; during the initial encounter with the Aliens, Vasquez shoots an alien that's about to pounce on him and he gets coated with acid.

The actor also apparently was in Lethal Weapon 2, Robocop 2 and Shawshank Redemption; I only remember him from the latter, although hadn't recognised him as the same actor.

Semi-related - is the Drake badge still broken for anyone/everyone?

[1] which, if correct, begs interesting questions about young Mr Frappe getting that result by answering "honestly"..!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here