LoadingReadyRun: Ways to Waste the Kickstarter Money

Ways to Waste the Kickstarter Money

The gang comes up with some ways to waste their Kickstarter money.

Watch Video

oh dear me bulk-order eye surgery :)

I was almost wondering if this video would come with a disclaimer
"No Kickstarter money was harmed in the making of this production"

great video as always

You guys should invest in tulips. I heard they're going to be the next big thing. When you control the tulip supply, people will be selling their smartphones and tablets just to get a piece of the sweet tulip action from you guys.

Why was all the money American? Are fake Canadian bills harder to come by?

Also, there was no shout-out to a limo company in the credits that would indicate a favour from a friend. Did you actually hire one for a 3-second scene?

I know this may cause a shitstorm, but I can't help it. When I say the title, the first thing I thought was, "Pretend To Spend Money On A Phony Political Web Series On YouTube."

LysanderNemoinis:
I know this may cause a shitstorm, but I can't help it. When I say the title, the first thing I thought was, "Pretend To Spend Money On A Phony Political Web Series On YouTube."

I'd probably avoid that sort of comment, because some of the most ugly and disgusting people on the internet are inextricably associated with the whole discussion. You know if a bunch of arseholes jump on a bus, I don't want to be there even if it is going the right direction.

Besides, I suspect you haven't yourself put any money there and that you probably disagree and may have had arguments with the type of people who have, so it's not really a big deal right?

I paused the video to read the whiteboard. I especially loved "Actual Moondbase".

The stuff written on the whiteboard is all gold.
Also, I would suggest actual building the bridge to Vancouver and paying Matt's fees.
He's worth it!

I was hoping for "actually hire Sam Raimi".

Ne1butme:
I was hoping for "actually hire Sam Raimi".

He'd probably charge more than $186,459, though.

And by putting this list in a LRR video, you actually didn't lie, you used this money for a 2014 season sketch. You clever bastards...

Huh, I need to check my Kickstarter account. If i'm not mistaken, Bradley's music should be available for backers soon enough.

Dayumn son, Matt looked hella pimp in that fur coat and shades!

Thunderous Cacophony:

Also, there was no shout-out to a limo company in the credits that would indicate a favour from a friend. Did you actually hire one for a 3-second scene?

That was probably Steve Dengler's limo.
Or they got one on loan from Penn & Teller for Desert Bus.

Hiring Sam Raimi would be a perfectly good use of the money :P

I can't be the only person thinking this. Paul you have a magnificent beard. I am in awe of it's majesty.

I was really expecting one of these would be a massive pile of magic cards.

And the Sam Raimi actually gets rewarded for all it's hard work.

Can anyone tell me what the crypto-currency comments were?

Did the LRR crew ask for used scratch cards?

More ways to spend Kickstarter moneys:

Hats. Thousands of hats. More hats than TF2!
...and cats. Thousands of cats! More cats than TF2?

loved the video, I think my favorite part was the laser eye surgery bits. I look forward to what this year has in store.

You should just invest all that money into another, bigger, Kickstarter campaign.

Huh... I am left wondering how much some of the items on that list that at least looked expensive set the crew back to temporarily acquire...

Scy Anide:
More ways to spend Kickstarter moneys:

Hats. Thousands of hats. More hats than TF2!
...and cats. Thousands of cats! More cats than TF2?

You're on to something here...

kailus13:
Can anyone tell me what the crypto-currency comments were?

LiteCoin wasn't heavy enough, bitcoin was too mainstream and passe, dogecoin was so cute such currency and wow, peercoin was peer pressure, datayorb was pee 2 pee and cloud, and quark was what

I really enjoyed pork belly futures because of Trading Spaces, myself

Thunderous Cacophony:
Why was all the money American? Are fake Canadian bills harder to come by?

Huh... I am left wondering how much some of the items on that list that at least looked expensive set the crew back to temporarily acquire...

They spent 184.04 on this sketch, not including ongoing costs for the moonbase or their food or stuff like that. But that's also not quite accurate, since they used the limo for at least one other video while they had it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4ynACmeuys

Graham made an infographic with the breakdown: http://loadingreadyrun.com/blog/2014/01/07/2014-ways-to-sneak-jokes-into-blog-posts/

I'd say, splitting the limo use evenly between the two videos (it's only there for 10 seconds in both videos), it's at $109.04 for this sketch.

LRR is going to take dogecoin... TO THE MOONBASE!

I chose a good time to sell random stupid shit to web video series developers. I'm already enjoying retirement on a repossessed Moonbase.

BrotherRool:

LysanderNemoinis:

I'd probably avoid that sort of comment, because some of the most ugly and disgusting people on the internet are inextricably associated with the whole discussion. You know if a bunch of arseholes jump on a bus, I don't want to be there even if it is going the right direction.

Besides, I suspect you haven't yourself put any money there and that you probably disagree and may have had arguments with the type of people who have, so it's not really a big deal right?

If you're referring to the critic I think you are, you do realize that there's no shortage of dicks on either side of the debate, right? Including the person in question?

That said, it was a real political web series. It just turns out to be a poorly-researched and illogical one that is inexplicably being touted as holy writ by many people of said political persuasion, who react like rabid muskrats with fungal infections in uncomfortable places when anyone points it out. Except when it's the other people of said political persuasion, who they either don't know exist, or are actively ignoring.

JonnWood:

BrotherRool:

LysanderNemoinis:

If you're referring to the critic I think you are, you do realize that there's no shortage of dicks on either side of the debate, right? Including the person in question?

That said, it was a real political web series. It just turns out to be a poorly-researched and illogical one that is inexplicably being touted as holy writ by many people of said political persuasion, who react like rabid muskrats with fungal infections in uncomfortable places when anyone points it out. Except when it's the other people of said political persuasion, who they either don't know exist, or are actively ignoring.

Then that's a good reason to avoid it all together.

But there are levels to this and the one side has people on it who are order of magnitudes more terrible than the rest of the people on either side. I'm not talking about dicks here, I'm talking I don't know if I want to be in the same room as someone who said that.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here