Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: Alien Dedication

Alien Dedication

Put on your poetry hats and join two of the greatest wordsmiths of our generation as they fill your ears with verse.

Watch Video

I'd say that sounds about right on both parts. Here's to hoping the new year brings games of higher quality, particularly in the Aliens department.

As for my own collectibles, check out what my brother got me for Christmas:
Frickin' awesome. :3

I know it's not necessarily Aliens, but I'd still argue it's quasi-related. :P

I am jealous of all of Jim's Alien toys. One day I'll get a M41A Pulse Rifle.....and not just some toy to hang on the way. I want a fully functional firearm. Doesn't matter what caliber. If it shot .22LR rounds, I'd be massively happy.

What is with all the Alien related stuff lately. Nice video as always, but did I miss something.

Never mind.

Outstanding job on your latest poem, Yahtzee. As consumers, we resolve that, if publishers continue to be pricks, we will rise up and burn them at the stake. EA, we're looking at you. ;P

There is no doubt that Jim Sterling is a hardcore Aliens fan (wonder if he had a hand on this weeks Aliens theme), but I am surprised to learn he is married. Makes me curious if he actually puts those "marital aids" to proper use.

On second thought, that might be one question that is better left unanswered. ^^;

antidonkey:
I am jealous of all of Jim's Alien toys. One day I'll get a M41A Pulse Rifle.....and not just some toy to hang on the way. I want a fully functional firearm. Doesn't matter what caliber. If it shot .22LR rounds, I'd be massively happy.

It was a modified Spas 12 cut to hold 4 rounds (Dunno if it fired) and Thompson SMG bolted together. so if you are some kind of gun nut, you can probably build one.

I'm slightly surprised Jim doesn't have a facehugger plush.

Yahtzee was having slightly too much fun playing the villain there. It's like he's going to take over Australia at some point.

Magmarock:
What is with all the Alien related stuff lately. Nice video as always, but did I miss something.

Never mind.

Seconded, an article about Aliens, a list of the 5 best and worst Alien games, an article looking at Alien Isolation, now this. Is this like the anniversary of one of the films or something?

Also, I have that same gorilla alien toy. I got it when I was a little kid, long before I had seen the films, so I just though that's how all the aliens looked.

kailus13:

He does, actually. He used it in the intro to this Jimquisition episode.

Jim, your childlike joy for all things ALIEN is just so damn giddy! It is a joy to behold! Yahtzee, I had trouble getting a hold of the rhythm of you hero and villain verses, but that face at the end is priceless!

Although some unscrupulous publisher will try to charge money for it.

kailus13:

I have the Facehugger AND the Chestburster plush. I only showed a few things from my collection. :-)

Mr. Q:
There is no doubt that Jim Sterling is a hardcore Aliens fan (wonder if he had a hand on this weeks Aliens theme), but I am surprised to learn he is married. Makes me curious if he actually puts those "marital aids" to proper use.

On second thought, that might be one question that is better left unanswered. ^^;

Yes, he is in fact married to a person who works with law enforcement that hunts predators [ ... Universe is in Jim's favor apparently] online.

So that should give some people on the escapist forum something to think about the next somebody posts their affection of l*lic*n & sh*tac*n: This site's 'main attraction' is married to a person *who works with the internet sex cops hunting creeps online

Seriously, ive been here since October and 3 forum threads

Just went and looked up Alien: Isolation. Jim's right, they'd better not f*** this up. Maybe this could be the 2014 release that satisfies both our dear poets' cravings.

Am I really gonna' be the first one to mention Yatzhee's flub? *Sigh*

FINE! Yatzhee! You flubbed and it was funny!

Moving on, I actually do have a lifesize replica aliens pulse rifle. My dad got it for me for my bday a few years ago. He also got himself one with working electronics, lighting and sound effects. and an ammo counter that dials down to zero and requires you to take the clip out and slam it back it to return to 99. Its pretty damn badass.

Lono Shrugged:
It was a modified Spas 12 cut to hold 4 rounds (Dunno if it fired) and Thompson SMG bolted together. so if you are some kind of gun nut, you can probably build one.

The main rifle was specifically an M1A1 model Thompson.

The grenade launcher was actually a cut down Remington M870 pump-action shotgun hidden inside the grip and barrel shroud of a Franchi SPAS-12. The Remington M870's barrel and magazine tube had to be cut down to about 15 inches to fit underneath the barrel of the Thompson and within the shroud of the SPAS-12. It had a capacity of three shells.

Both the main rifle and the "grenade launcher" were both capable of live firing on the "hero" guns used in the movie (IE: not the rubber ones used for stunts where they could be potentially damaged).

And yes, you totally can construct a real-life M41A Pulse Rifle if you had the time and resources.

Jimothy Sterling:

kailus13:

I have the Facehugger AND the Chestburster plush. I only showed a few things from my collection. :-)

Out of curiosity, how long would the poem be if you included all of it?

Those Alien toys. I want all of them. All, you hear.

I feel as though Creative Assembly is having to live with the fallout of Colonial Marines somewhat. So many people now seem really apprehensive towards 'Isolation' because of that pile of turd from Gearbox.

Darn it, this video has convinced me to go out and get some Alien toys, but I don't want to get those Alien toys. The highlight of the video for me was Jim's little squeak of enjoyment after the plastic tongue Alien is squeezed.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here