8 Unforgettable Childrens' Show Hosts

8 Unforgettable Childrens' Show Hosts

To celebrate Mr. Rogers getting his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, on this day in 1998, we give you a short list of some of the most unforgettable characters in children's programming.

Read Full Article

This isn't a bad list but how did you forget Jimmy Savile? I hear for many children meeting him really was an unforgettable experience.

JoJo:
This isn't a bad list but how did you forget Jimmy Savile? I hear for many children meeting him really was an unforgettable experience.

Yeah it was a logical reaction I think (for Brits at least) to read the headline and get a proper Yewtree vibe.

What? No Marc Summers of Double Dare? Are you serious??!?!???!? RELEASE THE HENCHGOATS!

Teoes:

JoJo:

Yeah it was a logical reaction I think (for Brits at least) to read the headline and get a proper Yewtree vibe.

The last 30 years of kid's TV have pretty much been ruined for us.

Dude, you forgot Capt. Kangaroo... all those ping pong balls... the horror, the horrooooooorrr....

Where in the almighty fuck is Mr. Dressup?! Also, this:

amaranth_dru:
What? No Marc Summers of Double Dare? Are you serious??!?!???!? RELEASE THE HENCHGOATS!

bstrd_chris:
Dude, you forgot Capt. Kangaroo... all those ping pong balls... the horror, the horrooooooorrr....

They even passed over the most obvious one, from the perspective of a gaming website. Does "Captain Lou" Reed as Mario ring any bells?

Yet they include Homie Da Clown and Smoochy, neither of whom ever actually hosted a regular show (Homie is an "entertainer" for hire, and Smoochy only existed as a non-copyright-infringing parody of Barney the Dinosaur). Even putting Krusty on the list is iffy at best, but The Simpsons has shown multiple episodes of his "series", so I guess it can slide. I mean, there are so many actual kids show hosts that are nigh-on unforgettable, they had to use three quasi-fictional ones?

Still, it's always interesting where these Gallery of the Day things take the topic, especially when some of the subjects only technically fit the theme... I assume to induce internet rage and the subsequent page views/comments like ours.

2xDouble:

amaranth_dru:

bstrd_chris:

They even passed over the most obvious one, from the perspective of a gaming website. Does "Captain Lou" Reed as Mario ring any bells?

Yet they include Homie Da Clown and Smoochy, neither of whom ever actually hosted a regular show (Homie is an "entertainer" for hire, and Smoochy only existed as a non-copyright-infringing parody of Barney the Dinosaur). Even putting Krusty on the list is iffy at best, but The Simpsons has shown multiple episodes of his "series", so I guess it can slide. I mean, there are so many actual kids show hosts that are nigh-on unforgettable, they had to use three quasi-fictional ones?

Still, it's always interesting where these Gallery of the Day things take the topic, especially when some of the subjects only technically fit the theme... I assume to induce internet rage and the subsequent page views/comments like ours.

I'm pretty sure its the odd ones thrown in there just for facetiousness' sake... I mean as a kid I did watch In Living Color so Homey Da Clown kinda fits. But including Homey and dissing Bozo is kinda like sacrilege.

There is a noted and distinct lack of BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL on this list.

Science rules.

I see a distinct lack of Captain Chesapeake.

No Captain Kangaroo? No Shari Lewis? Son, I am disappoint! How about Paul Zaloom as Beakman from "Beakman's World"?

No Mr. Science?

You deserve this:

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or