No Right Answer: TV Show That Should Be A Videogame

Pages PREV 1 2

There are so many good TV-shows which could be turned into good games, but the problem is that both worlds (series and videogames) operate very differently. The interference from TV/Hollywood and the fact that it takes a minimum of 20 months to make a decent videogame makes it hard to release a good game based on a TV-series

I think I'm missing something here: why is he not allowed to talk about video games?

DiMono:
I think I'm missing something here: why is he not allowed to talk about video games?

He got a position at Nintendo, and they don't want his opinions being confused with theirs. It's a blanket gag-order to protect them in a P.R. capacity. We're just happy they let us keep doing the show!

Shjade:

Lunar Templar:
Also, I'll take my Sociopathic President over your (what the commercials are giving the impression of) Idiot Secret Agent.

That'd mean more if you actually got to be a sociopathic president. Since the game is actually just a VR sim played by someone who happens to be PotUS at the time, it's not like it has any impact. You could be a homeless drunk and it'd be the same game barring the first 10 minutes.

>.>

super powered homeless drunk beating up aliens >.>how SR of you XD

but yeah, the prior games did the 'sociopath' angle much better, since there in 3 it was a slight against the Saints Pride (for the most part) and killing one of their own, and SR2 was more getting the gang back together and raising as much hell as possable.

kinda hard to remain 'morally questionable at best' when the villain blows up the fucking planet

Supernatural would (all things being equal) be the better game, but Archer would probably be more fun.

EDIT: Though the Supernatural game would definitely have to be exclusive to consoles, because I do not want to see the Wincest mods people will make.

Actually, the correct answer to this question is Firefly. That is all.

Avaholic03:
The Supernatural game sounds like Alan Wake meets Silent Hill, which doesn't sound too bad.

As much as I love Archer the show, it wouldn't work as a game at all. It would just end up like any Simpsons/South Park/etc. game where they beat you over the head with references from the show. I can just re-watch the show if I want that.

Yep, supernatural really could work, archer would likely lack substance.

I don't understand how Archer won this debate. And to be clear, I'm not saying an Archer game wouldn't be as good as a Supernatural game, I'm saying Chris had zero convincing arguments and Kyle had a lot. As far as the outcome is concerned, I think the judge made his decision upon hearing "Supernatural vs. Archer".

Makabriel:
http://www.stargateworldsgame.com/

I'm not so sure about a Supernatural game. A PnP game maybe, but video game? I could see it being like Secret World almost..

Easy, don't make it about Sam and Dean. Be an original Hunter and driving around hunting things. Mini-games could be various ways to hustle others to get money. Rob places to get those for out there items you need. Use money earned or 'earned' to get more weapon options. Recruit another hunter, or team up with other established ones.

This could work. Just don't make it about Sam and Dean.

I'm behind the Supernatural game all the way!

You could even have something like the sea shanties in Black Flag where instead of songs, you go looking for classic rock albums (on tape, of course) as Dean.
Maybe have one or two unique ones in each town you visit.

It'd be a *really* nice touch for a developer to really do their homework and match up towns for 'monster of the week' style missions with music that played in the episode where particularly towns featured.

I'm also really hoping it's not a shooter, cos, really, Supernatural's just got so much potential as a third person adventure games.
I'm with Kyle, make Arkham City style mysteries for the guys to follow!

Shit, I would have so much fun in this game :P

It would be *very* important to get some of the cast members on board, though. The show's got a very loyal (and vocal fanbase) so you're only going to increase your chances of success at aiming it at them at least as much as at non-fan gamers.

Weapons collecting and upgrading is a big, big thing for me, so naturally I've all kinds of fun with the Assassin's Creed games.

I'd be tempted to get Ubisoft to have a look at it, if they promise not to fuck it up with DRM :P

Or, maybe CD Projekt RED after they've got some time after the Witcher series.

Any developers looking at this thread: no stealing my ideas without at least buying me dinner.

Azuaron:
I don't understand how Archer won this debate. And to be clear, I'm not saying an Archer game wouldn't be as good as a Supernatural game, I'm saying Chris had zero convincing arguments and Kyle had a lot. As far as the outcome is concerned, I think the judge made his decision upon hearing "Supernatural vs. Archer".

Yeah, this happens a lot in this series, and while I love their debates, their conclusions as to who 'won' are frequently bollocks.

Kyle won that one fair and square.

Would I like to see an Archer game, though? You bet.

Especially if there's a LAAAANAAAAAAA button.

EDIT:

Captcha:
Snoop Lion.

Daayum.

Eh, a Supernatural game as they described it simply wouldn't work. You'd play as Sam, you have his Devil Powers for all of one season and that's it, it's completely forgotten throughout the rest of the series and no longer seen. Then he gets "Angel Mode" trigger, which will, again, last for all of one season or so.

Dean would have... well... an "I'm Batman" button I guess... and a "Drink" button.

Otherwise it would end up much less like the Batman Arkham games as the developers would likely have it default to an offscreen character for research, leaving you to just click on one or two things in the environment, call them, then find out "Hey I need an oak tree's root grown in the urine of a still-virgin jock".

It would work better as two other hunters, but you'd still run into that same problem. It has the propensity to work, but not in a video game. I'd see it working much stronger as a PnP game as others have said, where it can actually be done right. Investigative elements and all that just work better in a sense then.

An Archer video game though? I mean god, between the space level, the cyborg rivals, the "Top Gun" mini level started by jumping on that ride and hitting the "Booze" button? They already have an entire game there!
I was initially thinking "Hey, Wayforward/Telltale!", but honestly? Obsidian could do a damn good job of the game I bet, if they bring in the shows writers to help with dialogue/plot stuff. Their biggest issue has always been publisher interference, so if they were to do... say, a Kickstarter? I'd throw a hundred bucks at em. Maybe more... I don't know.

I'd need that "Laaana!" and "Shut up!" button in there first. Maybe a "Just the tip" button too...

I think they had it right with the Stargate Bluray behind them the whole time. Take the Stargate: Worlds IP and give it to someone who will actually make it.

Do it. DO IT NOW.

People talking about a Supernatural PnP game, there is one. Of course there is also Hunter: The Vigil, which is awesome.

I think Supernatural could make a great game. But I think it should be about bout a different, original hunter or group of hunters as opposed to having it be about Sam and Dean.

Just got into "Supernatural." Amazing show. Basically "Lost Girl" with more of a focus on urban legends than mythology (although there's still some of that.) I'd love an open world sandbox game but they'd have to design the entire United States. Perhaps they could do it using Google Earth while making any building insides they don't want to design randomly generated (say, you have to find item X, so it'll be hidden in a random interactable place.)

Yeah, Supernatural was always ripe for a game after eight series and its still running. I hope WB get on this because of the success of the Batman games. A Supernatural game could be seriously awesome.

Tell Tale would do a good job, but I think that a Supernatural game would need a more open world action game feel. There'd need to be a lot of arcane rituals, shooting and stabbing of enemies. Best to get Rock Steady on this case as we know they'd do it justice. Look what happened to Batman Origins once WB took over. Not as good as the first two games because WB couldn't turn their comic boner down enough.

An Archer vydia would be amazing. It would be the same bread and butter as Saints Row imo but with Stealth.

JimB:
Supernatural would (all things being equal) be the better game, but Archer would probably be more fun.

EDIT: Though the Supernatural game would definitely have to be exclusive to consoles, because I do not want to see the Wincest mods people will make.

It's Destiel now, get on with the program! :)

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here