Thermaltake Offers a BMW-Designed Gaming Mouse

Thermaltake Offers a BMW-Designed Gaming Mouse

BMW Designworks has teamed up with Thermaltake once again to bring you The Level 10 M Hybrid gaming mouse.

Read Full Article

That looks more like it was designed by the Aztec design team, not BMW.

That looks like a nightmare to keep clean. It would drive me nuts after a few months with random dust and junk being in all those little spaces.

Avaholic03:
That looks like a nightmare to keep clean. It would drive me nuts after a few months with random dust and junk being in all those little spaces.

My thoughts exactly. I mean sure it looks neat but for long term use yikes.

And here I thought my ArcTouch was a strange-looking mouse, but this blows it out of the water. I'd be tempted to get it if it wasn't so expensive.

Sorta reminds me of the Rat Cyborg mouse. I'm sure it's a really nice mouse but damn is it ugly. I'll stick with my Razor Mamba.

Holy shit it's ugly.
I hate a lot of "gamer" oriented gear as so much of it is bloody hideous.

Please make more things in the style of the Sennheiser G4ME One/Zero or something like that.

Things can be flashy without being tacky.

Avaholic03:

Absolutely. I use a simply Logitech mouse, I believe it is a G5(?) and that thing has like three edges and crannies on the surface, but still I gotta pry the filth out of there every few weeks. That BMW-Thing will turn into a septic hazard if you really intend to use it.

Dead Raen:
And here I thought my ArcTouch was a strange-looking mouse, but this blows it out of the water. I'd be tempted to get it if it wasn't so expensive.

nope i think you win with that thing haha

the video of it in action shows it to be a pretty standard 11 button mouse for the most part but it does have a trippy thing where you can move the top of it left and right for steering which in not sure how practical it would be while gaming

i own one of their keyboards which i like but they are a bit pretentious. my keyboard came with a removable hand fan which made me laugh, it came across as "you arent a fat, sweaty nerd! no you are an e-gamer!"

I'd use it, but I'm pretty sure it would latch onto my forearm and begin assimilating me into some kind of collective if I touched it.

I have the original non-hybrid wired version of this mouse; despite its looks it actually works fairly well. It's quite comfortable, provides all the functionality you would expect from a gaming mouse, and isn't as hard to keep clean as you would think- I use a can of compressed air to blow out any dust that builds up on the inside. The only problems I've noticed are actually a few software glitches, such as different programs messing with the scroll speed and the lights not turning off when the computer is shut down sometimes. I would assume those problems are fixed with this new version though, unless they haven't touched the software at all.

antidonkey:
Sorta reminds me of the Rat Cyborg mouse.

Lets hope this new design is more robust than the Rat.

008Zulu:

antidonkey:
Sorta reminds me of the Rat Cyborg mouse.

Lets hope this new design is more robust than the Rat.

I've got a RAT 9 and dropped it many times, cleaned it with strong cleaning products and its fine. Had it for 2 years. Half of it is metal, I dunno its probably cause my one if just well made.

Dead Raen:

I love microsoft ergonomic peripherals. My gaming keyboard and mouse are in the trash. Went with the arcmouse clicker, though. not the touch. Works great, hassle free, easy drivers, etc.

I tend not to go for thermaltake stuff, though.

I'm actually using a Level 10M at the moment which I've had for about a year now and its the best mouse I've ever used. Its very similar in feel to the Cyborg RAT, except its much higher quality and more reliable (RATs tend to start to malfunction after a few months of use).

What a terrible looking mouse..I'll keep my simply excellent Logitech G500, thanks.

BMW? That doesn't look BMW enough. It's missing the twin kidneys/nostrils of the cars.

Weaver:
Holy shit it's ugly.

Dead companies, please make more things in the style of the Sennheiser G4ME One/Zero or something like that.

Funny how taste works. You complain that the mouse is ugly, then you immediately post a hideous headset as an example of something that looks good.

I don't really think the mouse is ugly per se, but I prefer a more minimalistic design. Also, I've concerns about durability.

Denamic:

Weaver:
Holy shit it's ugly.

Dead companies, please make more things in the style of the Sennheiser G4ME One/Zero or something like that.

Funny how taste works. You complain that the mouse is ugly, then you immediately post a hideous headset as an example of something that looks good.

I don't really think the mouse is ugly per se, but I prefer a more minimalistic design. Also, I've concerns about durability.

I must agree. That is particularly unattractive looking headset to put it nicely. I must say those among adjustable mice that I've seen the Razer Ouroboros still has the best aesthetic IMO. That thing is still too pricey for me though.

Valagetti:
I've got a RAT 9 and dropped it many times, cleaned it with strong cleaning products and its fine. Had it for 2 years. Half of it is metal, I dunno its probably cause my one if just well made.

I was looking to get one, but the customer video an website reviews stated that due to it's heavily customizable makeup, that it was prone to failing.

008Zulu:

Valagetti:

I was looking to get one, but the customer video an website reviews stated that due to it's heavily customizable makeup, that it was prone to failing.

I've got a RAT 3 that has served me very well. It's less customizable than the 9, so there's far less to go wrong. And I personally quite like the appearance, but that's just personal taste.

It's also wired, which appeals to my paranoia (as my wireless Logitech used to occasionally "lose" clicks in the heat of battle) but does make it less convenient.

I could swear I've seen that mouse a year ago. Didn't like it then, don't like it now. That EVGA carbon mouse looks sweet, though.

While this does look nice, my DAII DeathAdder has yet to fail and even if it did I use a palm grip so I would never go for this particular product.

it's really just a mouse that should never have been, cars and gaming mice simply have no common ground.
fortunately it's pretty old now, maybe we can forget about it soon!

Adam Jensen:
I could swear I've seen that mouse a year ago. Didn't like it then, don't like it now. That EVGA carbon mouse looks sweet, though.

you did, it's about two years old.

008Zulu:

Valagetti:

Nope mine is perfect. I had to put blutach where the palm rest attaches to the frame, to stop slight wobbling, thats all that I had wrong with it.

008Zulu:

Valagetti:

The RAT line of mice are obscenely hit and miss. From experience the RAT7 was an utter nightmare, it was insanely finicky and just had horrible issues after a while. I honestly would just find a mouse that you feel is comfortable out of the box, sure the customization option is appealing. But let's be honest here, most likely you just find the customization that suits you and the rest of the pieces just sit in the box. I honestly wouldn't recommend them unless you have a really odd hand.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here